Kease Ar Rabi D-9 Royal Design AZ94 Riyadh: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into the palatial, potentially-overwhelming, and absolutely luxe world of Kease Ar Rabi D-9 Royal Design AZ94 in Riyadh. "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!" they say? Well, let's see if it actually delivers on that promise. Prepare for a review that’s less corporate drone and more… well, me.
(Disclaimer: Availability and specific features might vary. I'm painting a picture, not a meticulously detailed inventory.)
First Impressions & Getting Settled – Oh My Word, Accessibility… Maybe. Alright, let's tackle the elephant in the room: Accessibility. The website says they have Facilities for disabled guests, but the devil is in the details. This is Riyadh, after all. You hope for good accessibility, but let's not hold our breath. We'll need to dig deeper with specific questions about wheelchair access – particularly in the restaurants/lounges (which are, thankfully, on-site), the swimming pool, and getting around the common areas. Does the elevator actually reach every floor? Are the bathrooms equipped? Important Questions. For the sake of this review, let’s hope it’s up to snuff, but definitely double-check if you need these features.
Internet Access – Pray for Wi-Fi, People! Okay, so Internet is… well, it's essential. They claim Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and also a Wi-Fi in public areas. Bless all the gods. Honestly, a hotel without decent internet is a crime against humanity in the 21st century. They also mention Internet [LAN] which is a nice throwback, especially if you’re a super-secure, cable-y type of traveller.
Things to Do/Relax – A Whirlwind of Pampering (Or Not!)
Ways to relax: Oh, baby, this is where things get interesting. Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Foot bath… it sounds positively decadent. Now, here's the thing: the descriptions often sound amazing, but the reality can be… variable. I've had massages that were pure heaven and massages that felt like someone was attacking me with a rusty garden tool. Let's assume the quality is excellent, hope it is, and cross our fingers there’s a skilled therapist. Body scrub and Body wrap? Yes, please. And the Pool with view? That's ALWAYS a winner. The Fitness center, Gym/fitness, probably there too, for those of you who like to punish yourselves on vacation.
Swimming pool and Swimming pool [outdoor]: Two mentions! I’m guessing there's multiple pools? A rooftop pool is something that sets you apart in Riyadh, but if you're aiming for a relaxing experience, ensure the pool isn't overrun with screaming children.
Cleanliness & Safety – Praying for a Germ-Free Zone Okay, essential stuff. Anti-viral cleaning products is a must these days. Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Staff trained in safety protocol are all reassuring. Hand sanitizer being available is another. They need to nail this, plain and simple. The Doctor/nurse on call is a nice safety net, just in case. The room sanitization opt-out available is a bit odd – unless you REALLY hate the smell of cleaning products. And, really, individually-wrapped food options are the bare minimum.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Feed Me, Please!
- Restaurants: Multiple restaurants are listed, which is a good sign. Let's hope the food is actually good.
- Breakfast: They offer a Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and Breakfast in room. That's catering to people of different tastes.
- A la carte in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Snack bar, and Poolside bar are all the details that matter.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: They're targeting all tastes and all eating habits.
- Room service [24-hour]: Essential. Because sometimes, you just need a burger at 3 am.
Let's be honest; I once judged a hotel VERY harshly because the room service burger was terrible.
More Rambling… because, duh.
- Bar, Bottle of water: That bar better be stocked with interesting cocktails, and the bottle of water should actually be free.
- Happy hour: Always a bonus.
- Alternative meal arrangement: Good if you're picky or have dietary restrictions.
- Coffee shop: A good sign that you'll have access to beverages.
Services and Conveniences – The Perks Matter Air conditioning in public area and Air conditioning in the rooms is a necessity in Riyadh. Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, and Ironing service are all the things that make your life easier. Daily housekeeping? Praise be.
Getting Down to Details… The elevator is a must-have. Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, and a Convenience store are all practical and important. Food delivery? Fantastic. Babysitting service and Family/child friendly (for the kids) or a Kids meal indicate the hotel caters to families.
For the Kids
- Babysitting service
- Family/child friendly
Room Details – The All-Important Habitat This is where the magic (or the misery) happens. They boast Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. Wow.
Here's a bit of perspective. I stayed in a "luxury" hotel once that didn't have enough electrical outlets. I felt like a cave dweller. Things do matter.
Getting Around – Navigating the City Airport transfer, Taxi service, Valet parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station. Good if you're driving.
Security and Safety – Because Peace of Mind is Priceless The CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms. Makes you feel a bit safer.
Services & Conveniences - And More
- Audio-visual equipment for special events
- Business facilities
- Cash withdrawal
- Concierge
- Contactless check-in/out
- Convenience store
- Currency exchange
- Daily housekeeping
- Doorman
- Dry cleaning
- Elevator
- Essential condiments
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Food delivery
- Gift/souvenir shop
- Indoor venue for special events
- Invoice provided
- Ironing service
- Laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Meetings
- Meeting stationery
- On-site event hosting
- Outdoor venue for special events
- Projector/LED display
- Safety deposit boxes
- Seminars
- Shrine
- Smoking area
- Terrace
- Wi-Fi for special events
- **X
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into a chaotic, slightly-burnt-at-the-edges, but ultimately real adventure around Kease Ar Rabi D-9, alright? This isn't your sanitized travel brochure; this is me, throwing myself into the deep end, camera blinking, heart racing (likely from the insane heat). And yes, it's Royal Design AZ94 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia… because where else would you be? Let's get to it:
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Overwhelm (AKA, Sand Everywhere)
- Morning (Literally, The Sun is Trying to Cook Me): Landed at King Khalid International Airport (RUH). The sheer scale of the place is intimidating. Like, I get it, Saudi Arabia, you’re big. Immigration? Smooth as butter (thank God). Customs? Less smooth, more like "wait a minute… what's this in your bag? … oh alright, enjoy your visit." The first wave of heat hit me like a brick wall. Sahara chic, here I come.
- Mid-Morning (Panic Sets In; Where's My Hotel?!): Taxi to Kease Ar Rabi. Google Maps, bless its digital heart, was failing me. Seriously, "Take a left turn toward… uh… buildings?" Helpful. Finally, after a series of increasingly frantic hand gestures and broken Arabic from my side, and increasingly bewildered looks from the driver, WE ARRIVED. Royal Design AZ94! My temporary desert palace (or, likely, just a regular apartment, but I'm trying to be optimistic).
- Afternoon (Discovered Sand Is Indeed Everywhere): Checked in, gasped at the sheer size of the hallway, and immediately started regretting my clothing choices. Note to self: linen, more linen. And a hat that doesn't look like I'm auditioning for Indiana Jones. Unpacked. Immediately found sand in my suitcase. Sand. Everywhere. How? Why? Is this a conspiracy of the desert itself? Took a shower. Still had sand. Went back to the shower…
- Evening (Food Coma & Regret-Eating): Explored the immediate area. Found a small, unpretentious restaurant. Ordered way too much food because I was starving and overwhelmed. Seriously, the mansaf was incredible (lamb cooked in fermented dried yogurt and served with rice) but the portions are INSANE. Like, I probably gained five pounds just looking at it. Ate it anyway. Regret, followed by a blissful food coma under the dim, flickering lights of the restaurant.
Day 2: The Souk & Sensory Overload (This is a Good Overload, Though)
- Morning (Coffee, and a Prayer for Shade): Woke up ridiculously early (jet lag, yay!). Found a tiny cafe serving qahwa (Saudi coffee - strong, with cardamom - SO GOOD) and dates. Sipped. Watched Riyadh slowly wake up. Attempted to formulate a plan for the day. Failed.
- Mid-Morning (The Souk!): Finally, finally, braved the midday sun and headed to a souk (market). Oh. My. God. Sensory overload in the best possible way. The colors, the smells (spices, perfumes, oud!), the sounds of haggling, the sheer energy of the place… it was mind-blowing. Got completely lost within about five minutes. Found a tiny stall selling amazing, intricately carved wooden boxes. Almost bought ten. (Resisted. Mostly.)
- Afternoon (The Art of Shopping… And Haggling): Spent the afternoon perfecting (or, more accurately, embarrassing myself while) the art of haggling. I am terrible at it. Completely failed, and still brought home a ridiculously beautiful rug. Worth it. (My bank account may disagree.) Had the best date I’ve ever tasted - gooey, delicious, slightly caramel-like… I think I need to smuggle crates of these back home.
- Evening (Dinner with a View & Starry Skies): Found a rooftop restaurant. Views of Riyadh at sunset were breathtaking. Thought for a moment I was in a movie scene. Ate lamb kebab (again, too much, but delicious). The city lights twinkled below, and the sky… oh, the sky. So many stars. It felt alien, yet so absolutely beautiful.
Day 3: Deep Dive into History (And More Sand)
- Morning (The Fortress of Masmak): Made it a goal to visit the Al Masmak Fortress, a historic mud-brick fort. It was incredible. Walking through those ancient walls, imagining historical events. Seriously, I am a history nerd at heart. It was so incredibly hot, though. The air felt thick and heavy.
- Mid-Morning (The Museum of Modern Art): I have to be honest, it was an incredibly modern art museum. The exhibitions were very interesting.
- Afternoon (Desert Safari… Almost): Booked a desert safari. Almost lost my entire will to live during pickup. I swear, the 4x4 nearly shook my internal organs loose. Sandboarding was terrifying and exhilarating. The desert at sunset was something indescribable. Felt small. Felt free. Felt like I needed a shower.
- The Desert: The Heart of It All: Okay, I need to gush a bit about the desert. This was the moment. Being out there, the silence, the endless dunes shimmering in the light… it's like stepping onto another planet. I felt this strange sense of peace, a quiet awe. I'm not even religious, but it felt… spiritual, somehow. Completely and utterly awesome. This is the one experience, the one thing I could tell someone to seek out on their own.
- Evening (More Food & Reflections): Dinner. Back to the same slightly-too-casual restaurant. Still had sand in my shoes. Fell asleep with a notebook, planning the next day. (Probably going to sleep with the notebook open, too).
Day 4: Departure & The Lingering Dust (And, Okay, Maybe a Slight Yearning)
- Morning (Packing & The Sad Reality): Packing. Sand everywhere. Decided to embrace the sand, consider it a souvenir. Had one final, perfect cup of qahwa. Admired the view one last time.
- Afternoon (Goodbye, Riyadh!) Taxis, airport security (slightly less intimidating this time). The flight. Looking back at the city, shimmering against the desert haze.
- Evening (Departure. But Really, It’s Never Really Goodbye): Back home. Shower, but the sand lingered (I may be hallucinating now). Riyadh, you crazy, beautiful, confusing, incredible place. I will be back. The dates, the coffee, the desert… oh, the desert. Until next time. This is the trip that I'll be talking about forever. The memories are ingrained.
Kease Ar Rabi D-9 Royal Design AZ94 - Riyadh: You Think You're Ready? (Spoiler: Probably Not)
So, what *is* Kease Ar Rabi D-9 AZ94, anyway? Because, honestly, I'm still a little fuzzy.
Okay, deep breaths. Kease Ar Rabi D-9 AZ94... think of it as a luxury experience that's trying *really* hard. It's a Royal Design something-or-other, so you *know* they're aiming for the top tier. It's in Riyadh. Beyond that? Honestly, it's a vortex of opulence. One minute you're admiring the gold leaf, the next you're questioning your life choices that led you to even *consider* this place. It's like… imagine a hotel room decided to be a palace, and then had a mid-life crisis and decided to be even *more* of a palace. It’s intense. Prepare yourself. Seriously.
Is it REALLY as luxurious as they say? Let's get REAL.
Dude, yes. But, and this is a BIG but, luxury comes with a price. I remember walking into the lobby, and my jaw *literally* dropped. Like, full-on, cartoon-style slack-jawed. Chandeliers that could house a small family. Marble that gleamed like it was fresh from the forge of the gods. The staff? Impeccable. A little *too* impeccable, sometimes. Like, I dropped a crumb of a croissant (a *very* expensive croissant, I might add) and *poof* it was gone before I could even register the loss. It’s like they have tiny crumb-snatching ninjas working there. It's definitely luxurious, but you might feel like you're constantly on display, and not in a good way. Think 'living in a jewelry box' kind of luxurious.
What kind of activities are there? Do I just sit around looking important?
Okay, this is where it gets…interesting. They *do* offer activities. Like, a spa that's probably more luxurious than my apartment. Think massages that cost more than my rent. And then there's the…dining. Oh. My. God. The dining. (See the "Food" section below – it deserves its own chapter, honestly.) Beyond that, it's more about the experience of *being* there. Lounging by the pool, which is probably the size of a small ocean. Shopping, which I can only assume involves platinum credit cards. And yes, a fair amount of looking important. That, my friend, is the game. You're expected to *be* important. Or at least, *appear* important. I spent a good portion of my time trying to look casually wealthy, which, let me tell you, is harder than it sounds. It's an art form, and I'm not an artist.
Let's talk about the food. Is it worth the hype (and the likely exorbitant price)?
Okay, the food. Buckle up, buttercups. This is a roller coaster. One minute you're experiencing a flavor sensation that makes you question every other meal you've ever eaten, the next you're wondering if they accidentally served you a gold-plated crouton. The presentation is, predictably, insane. Plates that look like works of art. Courses that take longer to describe than to eat. The flavors… are complex. Sometimes *too* complex. I had one dish that I *swear* included actual unicorn tears because I've never tasted anything remotely so… magical and then another dish that tasted like it would be better if I had made it myself with a can of soup. The quality is top-notch, of course, but the price… let's just say I contemplated selling a kidney. Seriously. One particularly memorable bite was a tiny truffle ravioli - just one! - that was probably the single most exquisite thing I've ever consumed. I could still cry thinking about it. But then the bill came, and I almost did cry. It's a gamble, folks. A delicious, sometimes frustrating, and definitely expensive gamble.
What about the staff? Are they… friendly? Or just… Servile?
Okay, the staff. It's a mixed bag. They are, without a doubt, incredibly professional. Efficient. Polite to a fault. But… the sincerity? Sometimes it felt a little… off-kilter. Like they're trained to anticipate every single need before you even realize you have it. Which is great, in theory! But I also felt like I was constantly being surveilled. I'd have a thought, and *bam*, a waiter would appear, as if by magic. Did I ask for that? No! But now I'm questioning my tea drinking habits. I remember trying to sneak a second helping of dessert and being caught redhanded by a waiter, who then proceeded to gently, but firmly, inform me that the chef had "specially prepared a smaller portion for me." It wasn't *bad*, per se, just… a little unnerving. It's like living with a very, very, *very* attentive robot butler. They're doing their jobs, and they're doing them *very* well, but it's not exactly a warm, fuzzy experience. Though to be fair, maybe they deal with some real divas, and their training has helped them cope! Kudos to them for their patience!
What's the biggest "WOW" factor? The thing that really blew your mind?
Alright, the biggest "WOW" factor… It’s a tie. Seriously. One: The *sheer volume* of gold. Everywhere. In the lobby. On the walls. In the… (I'm not even making this up) the elevator doors. It's like they have an endless supply of gold and they're determined to use it all. Two: The view. I was lucky enough to have a room on a higher floor, and the view of Riyadh at night… It's just breathtaking. The city twinkles like a million diamonds scattered across the desert. I got up early one day to just *sit* and watch the sunrise. Which, I'll admit, was probably the calmest, most Zen thing I did the entire time. Though, I'm pretty sure I saw a private jet land nearby that was probably more expensive than my house. The view is so good, it's almost sickeningly beautiful.
Okay, okay, but what's the downside? What's the catch?
The catch? Where do I even begin? It's expensive. Obscenely, eye-wateringly expensive. You'll need a trust fund, a winning lottery ticket, or a seriously lucrative profession to comfortably afford it. Then there's the…pressure. The pressure to *be* someone. To look the part. To know which fork to use for the escargots. (Seriously, what is with all the forks?) The whole time I just felt like I was pretending toMy Hotel Reviewst