Escape to Heaven: Unbelievable FabHotel Manali Awaits!
Escape to Heaven? More Like… Escape To Heavenly (Mostly) Bliss: A Rambling Review of FabHotel Manali!
Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups. This isn't your polished, perfectly SEO-ed review. This is real – the kind where you spill coffee on the keyboard while trying to remember if you packed your… you know… socks. I just got back from FabHotel Manali and let me tell you, "Escape to Heaven" is, well, a bold statement. But hey, Manali itself is pretty damn close. Let's dive in, shall we? And yes, this is riddled with SEO – mainly because my boss demanded it. Gotta pay the bills, ya know?
First Impressions: The Arrival and the Air (and the Elevator… or Lack Thereof)
Manali itself hits you like a shot of pure mountain air – which, by the way, is amazing. Seriously, breathe deep. Now, FabHotel. Finding it was surprisingly painless, a victory in itself after the chaos of Indian traffic. Accessibility… well, that's where things get interesting. They do have an elevator, which is huge, because the climb up with all your luggage, even for a relatively fit person like myself, would be a mini-Herculean task. However, navigating the common areas with, say, a wheelchair… I'm not entirely sure. The hallways are a bit… cozy. They do have facilities for disabled guests, but I'd recommend contacting them directly to get specifics.
The Room – A Cozy Nest… Mostly
The internet, by the way, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – thank god, because I am a digital nomad and my life revolves around it. Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN (for the old-school gamers amongst us) were present. The room itself… was… nice. Clean. Daily housekeeping kept it that way. Non-smoking rooms were a definite plus (smokers, you have your Smoking area). We had a high floor (yay views!), the air conditioning worked like a champ (essential for those unexpected heatwaves!). The blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping in, though I’m not sure how much is the curtains and how much is the altitude.
Okay, digression time: there was a minor issue. We had a suite (and I am talking extra long bed comfort). The Internet access – wireless was… spotty. Like, it would cut out at the most inopportune times. Picture this: You're finally, finally got a perfect view, and you lose the signal! Cue internal screaming. BUT, I have to add, the hotel staff was fantastic and immediately responded to my frantic calls for help. That's important. It shows they care. They did manage to fix it. Eventually. And they had a complimentary tea option in the room, along with a coffee/tea maker, plus free bottled water. This is crucial for hydration at altitude, and an excellent start to the day with some complimentary tea.
So, yeah, the Room: 8/10. Would stay again.
Here's where it gets REALLY interesting:
I decided to take a bath. (I was attempting to relax. The bathtub was calling me). I filled it with water. It looked divine. I get in. The water is… lukewarm. I tried to fix it. The phone didn't work ([Bathroom phone]; that would have been useful; though the bathroom phone was available). I spent the next ten minutes trying to figure out how to get hot water to flow. This is not an emotional reaction in good or bad. It's just an observation of a not-so-minor inconvenience. The room had towels, bathrobes, and slippers. The additional toilet was a plus of the suite. This wasn't the most amazing private bathroom, but it worked.
Food, Glorious Food… and Some Quirks
Let's talk Dining, drinking, and snacking. The restaurants are decent, and the Asian cuisine in restaurant was a pleasant surprise. They offer Breakfast [buffet] and Breakfast service. The Western breakfast was… hit or miss. The Asian breakfast was generally on point, though. You're in India, embrace the local flavours! There's a coffee shop, and the salad in restaurant was… well, edible. The desserts in restaurant were… a sweet crime. So, I will be honest, the room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver after a day of trekking. They have a poolside bar, which is nice, but they don't really have a pool.
My Anecdote: The Soup in Restaurant
The soup was…memorable. One night, after a particularly grueling hike, I craved soup. I ordered the "tomato" soup - and I swear to God, it tasted like a mix of ketchup and regret. It was an emotionally bad reaction. Okay, maybe I was just tired and hungry. But the soup was bad. I ended up ordering a pile of fries and a beer. Still, everything else was great. The bottle of water was another lifesaver.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax)
Okay, the "Escape to Heaven" part. They have a Fitness center – I didn't use it. I was too busy hiking. There is Spa/sauna, Body scrub and also massage available, which I really wanted, but the schedule was all filled up. I mean, it's Manali! You're surrounded by breathtaking views! Go outside and enjoy it. There's an outdoor swimming pool available.
Cleanliness, Safety, and the Covid-19 Shuffle
Okay, this is crucial now. Cleanliness and safety were definitely priorities. They had anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays. Hand sanitizer was everywhere. They’re following all the Covid guidelines. They really do have a commitment to the safety of the guests and staff. Also, they had a Doctor/nurse on call, which is something everyone should look for these days.
The Extras: Services and Conveniences, Oh My!
This hotel has everything. They have a concierge, car park [free of charge], daily housekeeping, and a gift/souvenir shop; I ended up buying some amazing shawls for gifts. They even offer cash withdrawal (important!), and currency exchange. They have a business center with Xerox/fax in business center. They have luggage storage, which is great. Doorman is there to open the door for you. The elevator really helps. Air conditioning in public area (a MUST).
For the Kids (and the Parents)
They have Family/child friendly areas and offer babysitting service. I don't travel with kids, but I can tell you, this is a great feature for parents looking for a breather. Good job, FabHotel!
Getting Around and Final Thoughts
They offer Airport transfer, taxi service, and car park [on-site]. Getting around Manali is easy with the options they provide.
The Offer: Unforgettable Manali Awaits!
So, are you ready to… almost… escape to heaven? FabHotel Manali is a solid choice. Here's the deal: Book now and get a free breakfast upgrade (that means you get to try the Asian breakfast; you're welcome). Plus a 10% discount on any spa treatment (hurry, because the slots fill up fast!). Use code "MANALIJOY" at checkout. It's not perfect, but it's charming, comfortable, and has a heart. And hey, if you really want to escape to heaven, the mountains of Manali are just outside your door.
Final Verdict: A solid 7.5/10. Worth the trip!
Mumbai's Hidden Gem: Apple Inn Hotel - Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your meticulously planned, sterile travel itinerary. This is a living, breathing document of my attempt to navigate the Himalayas, fueled by questionable chai and a desperate need for a vacation. We're talking FabHotel Manali Heaven, India, baby! (Hopefully, the "Heaven" part lives up to the hype, because right now, I'm mostly feeling like I'm heading into a potential snowpocalypse.)
Day 1: Delhi Debacle & Manali's Misty Embrace (aka, Where Did My Luggage Go?)
- 6:00 AM (ish): Wake Up. Or I should say, attempt to wake up. The alarm clock on my phone is a traitor. My flight from Delhi to Kullu (the closest airport to Manali) is scheduled for HOURS from now. I am a disaster.
- 7:00 AM: Uber from Delhi hotel to airport - traffic is soul-crushingly horrific. This is the first test of my patience, and I am failing.
- 9:00 AM: Airport chaos. You know, the usual stampede of humanity, the endless security lines, the general low-level hum of anxiety. Found the gate, finally. But, uh… where's my luggage? Gone AWOL. Seriously? Already? This trip is off to a stellar start. (Note to self: learn the Hindi word for "lost luggage.")
- 11:00 AM: Flight to Kullu. Window seat bless! The views are unreal. Mountains, fluffy clouds, and a sense of awe that almost makes me forget my luggage is probably vacationing in Dubai right now.
- 12:00 PM: Arrival at Kullu airport. It’s tiny, charming, and I almost forgot my suitcase was gone. Then, the inevitable re-realization hits.
- 1:00 PM: Taxi ride to FabHotel Manali Heaven. The drive is breathtaking. Honestly, I'm starting to think I'd live in this car if I could. Winding roads, the Beas River roaring beside us, pine-scented air. Suddenly, the luggage is just… a minor inconvenience.
- 2:00 PM: Check-in at FabHotel. Okay, the "Heaven" part is starting to make sense. The view from my room is spectacular – panoramic mountains, a sliver of the valley. The room itself could use a bit of a dusting, but hey, I'm not exactly staying at a Ritz-Carlton.
- 3:00 PM: After my luggage issues and a crazy bus ride, I need a nap. I’m gonna get to know this bed very well.
- 5:00 PM: Attempt to explore. Manali town… a bit crowded. Shops selling the same generic trinkets, way too many touts. The air is thin, and I'm already feeling a bit breathless.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local café. Ordered some momos. They were okay, but I’m still mourning the loss of my favorite sweater.
- 7:00 PM: Wander around, take some pictures, chat with locals, and watch the dark blanket the valley.
- 8:00 PM: Back to the hotel. So. Tired. Also, mildly panicked about what I'm going to wear tomorrow. (Apparently, the mountain air isn't conducive to wearing my favorite silk dress to dinner.)
- 9:00 PM: Attempted to call the airline about my luggage. Spent an hour on hold, eventually got disconnected. Screamed into a pillow. (Hey, travel is glamorous, right?)
Day 2: The Rohtang Pass Run (aka, Altitude and Awesomeness)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up to a jaw-dropping sunrise. Maybe this is heaven. The sky is a riot of colors – pinks, oranges, purples. I'm suddenly ridiculously, irrationally happy. Maybe it's the altitude?
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Simple, but the view makes up for it.
- 9:00 AM: Finding a cab to Rohtang Pass - all those crazy people headed to Rohtang. The cab ride itself is an experience. The roads are treacherous, the drivers are fearless. (Okay, maybe a little reckless.) The views, though, are spectacular. We climb and climb, the air getting thinner and the mountains getting bigger.
- 11:00 AM: Reaching Rohtang Pass! The landscape changes. Snow, everywhere! It is cold. But stunning. The views… oh, the views. It’s like being on top of the world. I’m laughing, taking a billion pictures. Even without proper snow gear, It’s beautiful.
- 12:00 PM: Sledding in the snow. Embarrassing myself, but having a total blast. I might actually be a child at heart. Or maybe the altitude is messing with me. Also, my hands are freezing.
- 1:00 PM: Soup and tea in a small cafe near Rohtang. Warming myself. I feel the true altitude sickness.
- 2:00 PM: The downhill journey back to the hotel. The valleys are beautiful.
- 4:00 PM: Finally, back at the hotel. My brain is pretty mushy but my camera roll is full of amazing photos. I can't decide if I'm more exhausted or exhilarated.
- 6:00 PM: Tried a new restaurant. The food was okay.
- 7:00 PM: Wandering around a little.
- 8:00 PM: Sleep. Seriously. Pass out.
Day 3: The Hadimba Devi Temple & Riverside Rambles (aka, Finding My Center… and Maybe My Luggage?)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast back at the hotel.
- 9:00 AM: Visit to the Hadimba Devi Temple. A serene and peaceful oasis away from the chaos of the town. The forest surrounding the temple is lush and ancient. The air smells of pine and damp earth. I wander through the trees, feeling a sense of calm I haven't felt in ages. This place is magic. I could seriously get lost in here… and I wouldn't even mind.
- 11:00 AM: Stroll along the Beas River. Just sitting by the river, watching the water rush by. The sound is hypnotic. The sun is warm on my face. I am starting to feel… centered. Almost zen-like. (Don't worry, the zen isn't completely gone – I'm still checking my phone every five minutes for luggage updates.)
- 12:00 PM: Quick lunch at one of the river-side cafes.
- 1:00 PM: Shopping in the local markets.
- 3:00 PM: Return to the Hotel.
- 4:00 PM: Relax and get some rest.
- 6:00 PM: Try a local bakery and order a cup of coffee.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a lovely restaurant.
- 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel, make some future plans.
Day 4: Departure Drama (aka, Did I Actually Enjoy Myself?)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up. The feeling of dread begins. It's time to go.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Trying to savor every last bite of that mountain air.
- 9:00 AM: Check out. The hotel staff is lovely. I feel strangely sad to be leaving.
- 10:00 AM: Travel to the airport.
- 12:00 PM: Departure.
Final Thoughts:
This trip has been a rollercoaster. Ups, downs, moments of pure, unadulterated beauty… and the persistent nagging worry about my blasted luggage. Manali is a complicated place – a mix of stunning natural beauty and the harsh realities of tourism. It's a place that challenges you, frustrates you, and ultimately, leaves you changed.
Did I find heaven? Maybe not the literal, pristine kind. But I found something… real. I found a connection to nature, a moment of peace, and a renewed appreciation for the simple things. And, you know what? Even if my luggage never surfaces, it was worth it. (…but seriously, if you see a turquoise suitcase with a Hello Kitty sticker… please, send it to the Himalayas.)
Ceebeez Homes Kochi: Luxury Redefined in India's Paradise