Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Italian Masseria Awaits in Sannicola!
Escape to Paradise: Sannicola's Masseria - Is it Really Paradise? (Spoiler Alert: Mostly, YES!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a whirlwind tour of the Escape to Paradise Masseria in Sannicola. And let me tell you, I approached this review with a healthy dose of skepticism. "Paradise"? In Italy? Sounds like marketing hype to me. But… well, let's just say I'm eating my words alongside some seriously delicious pasta right now.
First Impressions: The Grind
Getting there? Accessibility is… well, it's Italy. Roads are charming but not always perfectly smooth. They say airport transfer is available, which is huge for someone who’s, shall we say, directionally challenged like myself. Getting lost in Italy sounds romantic, but trust me, it's not when you're hangry and the GPS is a cruel mistress.
Let's Talk Living the Dream (and the Nitty Gritty)
Okay, the rooms. Available in all Rooms: the usual suspects: Air conditioning (thank GOD), Alarm clock (who uses these anymore?), Bathtub, Hair dryer (essential!), In-room safe box (always a good idea), Mini bar (hello, late-night snacks!), Wi-Fi [free] (crucial survival mechanism), and a Window that opens - essential for that glorious, Italian air! My room? Super comfy Desk and Laptop workspace: which I barely used, because, hello, VACATION.
And the Internet access - wireless and Internet access – LAN are nice to have.
The "Paradise" Factor: Relaxation, Activities, and Bliss
This is where things got interesting. They've got a Fitness center - I peeked in. Looked like a fitness center. I may or may not have actually used it. (Let’s just say the pasta was calling).
So, the real draw? The Spa. Oh, the SPA. I spent a glorious afternoon getting utterly pampered. Body scrub, Body wrap, the works! Massages were pure, unadulterated heaven. And let's not forget the Pool with view, Sauna, and Steamroom. Picture this: me, wrapped in a fluffy robe, sipping something fizzy, overlooking the olive groves… It was ridiculously indulgent, and I loved every second of it.
And speaking of food – the Poolside bar… well, it's a life-saver. Perfect for pre-dinner cocktails, or, you know, a quick Aperol Spritz at 3 PM. No judgements. Also, the Restaurants themselves offer some seriously delicious options. From the A la carte in restaurant options to the Buffet in restaurant, there was something for everyone. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was a pleasant surprise!
Dining: The Foodie's Odyssey (and My Personal Struggles)
Oh, the FOOD. It's Italy, so you expect good food, right? Wrong. This place exceeded expectations. I'm talking about the restaurants themselves. The A la carte in restaurant was amazing. I felt like a millionaire and a princess and just a gluttonous person! I ordered everything in sight! I can't even begin to describe the Asian cuisine in restaurant, with a side of "ooh la la". The Coffee/tea in restaurant was always perfect. Coffee shop was on the premises. Happy hour was also a highlight, every single day.
The thing is, it was so good, I developed a serious carb addiction. The Breakfast [buffet] offered a feast of champions, with the Breakfast service offering a combination of both Western and Asian cuisine, with a range of selections. I might have eaten more than my fair share of croissants, and the Desserts in restaurant almost made me cry.
Cleanliness and Safety: The (Hopefully) Boring Stuff
With everything going on in the world, safety is paramount, and Escape to Paradise seemed on top of things. Staff trained in safety protocol, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the Rooms sanitized between stays. I appreciated the Anti-viral cleaning products, and you could opt-out of Room sanitization. They also offered Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Safe dining setup, and Cashless payment service.
Getting Around: The Real Deal
They have Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]. Since the roads are what they are, it may be a good idea to take the Airport transfer.
The Niggles (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Okay, honesty time. The Elevator was sometimes a bit slow. And the Internet access - wireless, while generally good, had a few minor hiccups in my room. But honestly? Minor quibbles.
For the Kids & Other Niceties:
This place is Family/child friendly, with Kids facilities. They also offer Babysitting service if you need it. I also spotted a Shrine on the property—a little something extra.
So, is it Paradise?
Look, I’m not one for hyperbole. But Escape to Paradise really does live up to its name. It's not flawless, nothing is. But the stunning location, the incredible food, the blissful spa, and the overall service… it's a winning combination. It's a place you can truly escape to, unwind, and recharge. It's a place where you can happily lose yourself in the beauty of Puglia and forget about the outside world.
My Verdict : Run, Don't Walk, to Book!
Here's My Irresistable Offer (Because I Know You Want to Book Now)
Tired of the Daily Grind? Craving a Slice of Heaven?
Book your escape to Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Italian Masseria Awaits in Sannicola! before the end of the month and receive:
- A complimentary bottle of local wine upon arrival. (Trust me, you'll need it after your flight!)
- A free upgrade to a room with a balcony overlooking the olive groves (subject to availability - but hey, it's worth a shot!)
- A voucher for a 20% discount on spa treatments. (Because you deserve to be pampered!)
Use promo code “PARADISO” when booking online or mention this offer when speaking to a reservations agent.
Don't wait—your Italian dream awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Miss Bassy's Unforgettable San Andres Island GetawayIl Palmento Diary: A Messy, Italian Love Affair (and a Whole Lotta Pasta)
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Gratification (aka, Wine & Bread)
- 14:00 - Arrival at Appartamento Il Palmento (ish). Honestly, finding the place was an adventure. GPS? Lies! My phone died somewhere between… uh… everywhere. We ended up relying on the kindness of a farmer who, after a lot of frantic hand gestures (my Italian is terrible), pointed us towards what looked like a crumbling paradise. The moment I saw Il Palmento, though? Worth it. Stone walls, a terracotta roof… Jesus, I almost wept with joy. Or maybe it was the sheer relief of not being lost.
- 14:30 - The First Breath of Puglia. Unpack? Nah. First priority: open the door. The air smelled like… olives? Sunshine? Contentment? Whatever it was, I inhaled deeply.
- 15:00 - Wine & Bread Emergency. Found a local "supermercato" (more like a glorified pantry) and loaded up: a crusty loaf, a bottle of robust red, and some suspiciously cheap salumi. We ate it all on the little terrace, the sun beating down. It was a religious experience. Seriously. Just bread, wine, and the pure, unadulterated Italian-ness of it all. I’m already convinced this trip will change my life.
- 17:00 - Nap Time. Post-wine bliss. Absolutely necessary.
Day 2: Lecce's Labyrinth & Pasta Panic
- 09:00 - Lecce Bound! (Maybe). The plan was to be organized. The reality? We left an hour late, arguing about the optimal camera lens for Instagramming the Basilica di Santa Croce. Priorities, people!
- 10:30 - Lecce's Golden Hour (Eventually). Lecce is stunning. The baroque architecture is just… wow. We got lost in the maze-like streets, which was, honestly, the best part. Found a little gelato shop and immediately ordered two. (Don’t judge me). Tried to take a photo of the Roman amphitheater, but a gaggle of tourists kept photobombing. Gave up and ate more gelato to calm my nerves.
- 13:00 - Lunch: The Pasta Proposition. Found a tiny trattoria, all checkered tablecloths and chaotic charm. Ordered orecchiette con cime di rapa (the local specialty). The pasta was PERFECTION. Seriously, I think I could happily live on that alone. The problem? I slurped it, and then I got pasta sauce all over my face. Very un-chic.
- 15:00 - Coffee & Contemplation. Spent an hour in a piazza, nursing a cappuccino and watching the world go by. People watching in Italy is a sport in itself. I saw a Nonna yell at a dog, a couple arguing in a passionate tango of Italian, and a waiter spill a whole tray of espresso shots. Every single interaction was a gem.
- 18:00 - Pasta Panic: The Home Cook's Curse. We decided to attempt pasta making back at Il Palmento. Disaster. We had good intentions, but the kitchen was small, we were tired, and our Italian cookery skill didn't extend much beyond boiling water. The pasta got stuck to the counter, the sauce was way too spicy, and we ended up eating a rather sad, charred mess. Laughing fit ensued.
Day 3: Beach Bums & a Fishy Fiasco
- 10:00 - Coastal Escape! (Finally!). After recovering from the pasta-induced trauma, a day at the beach was exactly what we needed. Drove to a beach and were immediately assaulted by the turquoise water and sun-drenched sand. Heaven. We swam, we sunbathed, we did absolutely nothing. Glorious.
- 13:00 - Fishy Business (Literally). Found a seaside restaurant that looked amazing. Ordered grilled fish. The fish came out… well, let’s just say it was intense. The smell was… potent. The taste? Even more so. I tried, blessedly, but it was too… fishy. I discreetly pushed it around my plate. Learned my lesson: stick to the pasta!
- 15:00 - Beach Nap Reboot. I found one of the prettiest beaches.
- 18:00 - Sunset Serenade. Back at Il Palmento, watched the sunset from the terrace. The sky exploded in hues of orange, pink and purple. It was breathtaking. We drank the last of the wine, and I decided that even if all the pasta attempts failed and I never touched fish again, this trip was still a success.
Day 4: Olive Oil & Emotional Overload
- 10:00 - Olive Oil Adventure. Went on an olive oil tour. Puglia is famous for it, and rightly so! Learned about the olive groves, the pressing, and the history. The guide was this incredibly passionate old man, with hands gnarled with age. He let us taste the olive oil, and it was… incredible. The flavor was rich, fruity, and peppery. I suddenly understood why Italians are so obsessed with it. I bought a bottle. Or five.
- 12:00 - The Masseria Revelation. Visited a local masseria (a traditional farmhouse). It was beautiful, rustic, and completely charming. The owner was so welcoming. She brought us fresh figs, still warm from the sun. I swear, I could have stayed there forever and just… existed.
- 14:00 - Emotional Overload!! I don’t know what happened. Maybe it was the beauty, the food, the wine, or just being away from the everyday. I started to cry. Not a sob-fest, more of a gentle, happy, overwhelmed crying. Feeling the beauty of the simple, real way of life. It was embarrassing, but it was also… wonderful.
- 15:00 - Gelato Rescue. We needed a distraction. Luckily, gelato was the perfect cure.
- 18:00 - Packing (or, the Art of the Almost-Pack). The next day, we're leaving. I'm already feeling the pangs of sadness. I haven’t even packed, just stared at the olive oil and the pasta with a sense of melancholy. I really, really don't want to go.
Day 5: Departure (But Really, Just a Delay)
- 09:00 - Departure (Eventually). I’m dragging my feet. One last cappuccino, one lingering look at the stone walls, one last deep breath of sunny air.
- 10:00 - Driving Around (Trying to Forget). We went on a scenic tour.
- 11:00- Goodbye to the Palmento. (For now!) The moment we pulled away I knew… I will be back. This messy, beautiful, pasta-filled, sun-kissed, and wine-soaked Puglia adventure, well, it's just beginning. Arrivederci! (But seriously, I'll be back.)