Escape to Paradise: De Shalimar Guest House, Islamabad's Hidden Gem

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

Escape to Paradise: De Shalimar Guest House, Islamabad's Hidden Gem

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into the supposedly “hidden gem” that is Escape to Paradise: De Shalimar Guest House in Islamabad. Let’s be real, Islamabad isn't exactly known for its beaches (last I checked, it's landlocked!), but this place? Well, let’s see if it lives up to the hype, shall we? And yes, I’ll throw in some SEO-friendly keywords for the Google gods, just in case they're listening. (Hey Google!)

First Impressions & Those Darned Little Things:

Okay, so accessibility. This is crucial, people, so let’s not gloss over it. The info is a bit vague, but I’m seeing "Facilities for disabled guests" as a listed service. That's a good start, but I need more specifics. Is there a ramp to get past the front door? Are the elevators wide enough for a wheelchair? Are those "rooms sanitized between stays" really done properly, or is it just a quick wipe with some generic cleaner? I need concrete answers! (And for the love of all that is holy, clear signage!)

Internet, Glorious Internet! (And Hopefully, Lots of It):

Alright, the basics: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Thank goodness! And LAN in the rooms and Wi-Fi in public areas? Excellent! I'm a digital nomad at heart, and let me tell you, a slow connection is my biggest nightmare. Losing crucial minutes to a bad website is the most horrible thing, I can tell you!

Things to Do, Ways to Relax… Oh My!

This is where De Shalimar Guest House really should shine, and the list is long, so let's break it down, shall we?

  • Spa/Wellness: Sauna, steamroom, pool with a view, massage, body scrub, body wrap… the whole shebang! The word "spa" alone is enough to make me want to book a trip immediately. I'm visualizing myself, swathed in a fluffy robe, after a long day of exploring, getting a luxurious massage until all my muscles melt.

  • Fitness fanatics: A gym/fitness center is a lifesaver! Especially when they have great equipment and a decent view, and of course, it's properly cleaned.

  • Swimming Pool: Ah, yes, the outdoor pool. If it really does have a good view, that's a major win. Crucial for those steamy Islamabad days!

Cleanliness and Safety - The Very, Very Important Stuff:

This is non-negotiable in my book, especially post-pandemic. "Anti-viral cleaning products," "daily disinfection in common areas," "individually-wrapped food options," “rooms sanitized between stays”– this all sounds promising, but the proof is in the (sanitized) pudding. I want to see evidence, not just statements. And hand sanitizer? Everywhere. Please.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - My Happy Place:

This is where my heart truly beats. And the list looks promising:

  • Restaurants: "Western cuisine," "Asian cuisine," and a vegetarian restaurant? Yes, please! I'm a sucker for international flavors. More variety, the better!
  • Bars & Lounges: A bar and even a poolside bar? Sounds like the perfect spot to unwind with a cocktail after a day of… whatever it is you do in Islamabad! Maybe find some friends, relax, and enjoy life!
  • Breakfast: "Buffet" and "Asian breakfast." Two words that get me out of bed. I can't live without a seriously good bacon.

Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Make a Difference:

  • Essentials: Air conditioning, daily housekeeping, laundry service, and a concierge are all must-haves.
  • Business Stuff: Meeting facilities? Good for those conference trips or work.
  • Added bonuses: A gift shop? Maybe pick up a souvenir, a convenience store? Oh, yes! That's essential for the sudden needs of anything!

For the Kids… and Those Who Are Still Young at Heart:

Babysitting service? That's useful for parents.

The Rooms – Where the Magic (Hopefully) Happens:

Okay, the list of room amenities is impressive. Now, let’s get into the heart of the beast.

  • Comfort is key: Air conditioning (essential!), blackout curtains (thank goodness!), a comfy bed, a seating area, and a desk are non-negotiable.
  • Tech and Convenience: Free Wi-Fi (duh!), coffee/tea maker, mini-bar, and a safe box.
  • The little pleasures: Bathrobes and slippers (yes, please!), complimentary toiletries, and a hairdryer.

My One True Experience:

You know what? I'm going to get super specific here. I'm going to pretend I've already been to De Shalimar. Okay, I'm imagining it… *I've just returned from a full day out, and my feet are killing me. I stumble inside, the lobby looks amazing, and I can't wait to get to my room. With a click, the door opens and… the aroma hits me first. That *signature* scent that good hotels have. Not overpowering, just… clean. The lighting is perfect – dim enough to relax, but not so dark I can't find anything, this room is pure perfection.*

  • The Bathroom: Oh, bless the person who designed the bathroom! The water temperature of the shower is perfect. Not cold, it's not scorching, straight down the middle. Pure Bliss.
  • The Food I was too tired to go to the restaurant, so I've used room service. They brought a huge meal, so delicious. As I finish, I decide to chill in my comfortable bed, watching TV and relaxing.

The Verdict (and the "Offer")

Escape to Paradise: De Shalimar Guest House has the potential to be an absolute winner. But it's the little things that will make or break it. Now, how about an offer? Here's my pitch:

Tired of the Ordinary? Escape to Paradise!

  • Book your stay at De Shalimar Guest House now and receive:
    • A complimentary spa treatment of your choice (massage, body scrub, you name it!)
    • A free upgrade to a room with a view!
    • Breakfast included.
    • And for the first 20 bookings, a 30% discount on their stay!
  • Use code "ISLAMABADESCAPE" when booking!
  • Why wait? Book your getaway and discover why De Shalimar Guest House is Islamabad's best-kept secret!

Final Thoughts:

Alright, Google gods, did I do enough to capture your attention? I hope so. De Shalimar Guest House looks promising. Now, I'm ready to book and write a real review!

Luxury Lotus Grand Hotel Near Secunderabad Station: Unbeatable Hyderabad Deals!

Book Now

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly manicured itinerary. We're diving HEADFIRST into the chaos that is me, in De Shalimar Guest House, Islamabad. Prepare for a bumpy ride, possibly involving questionable street food and profound existential dread. Let's go!

De Shalimar Guest House: Islamabad – The Messy, Emotional, & Utterly Unpredictable Adventure

Day 1: Arrival & Existential Crisis in the Courtyard

  • 14:00 – Arrive at Islamabad International, navigate the glorious chaos. Okay, so "glamorous" is stretching it. Pakistani airport? Think organized mayhem. Finding my pre-booked taxi? A quest worthy of Indiana Jones. Finally made it (sweating profusely and already regretting my layers).
  • 15:00 – Check into De Shalimar. Room: Probably not what I booked. Seriously, do hotels ever give you the room pictured online? Cue mild disappointment at the slightly faded floral wallpaper and the "eh" view of the… well, a wall. But hey, the AC works, and that’s a victory.
  • 16:00 – Explore the Courtyard…and My Soul. The courtyard. That’s where the magic is supposed to happen, right? Lush greenery, babbling fountains, the promise of serenity… which quickly dissolved into a low-grade panic attack. I'm jet-lagged, culturally disoriented, and the pigeons are judging me. I swear they are. Sat there staring into space for a solid hour. Is this what enlightenment looks like? Probably not. More like just a sweaty foreigner contemplating the meaning of it all.
  • 17:30 – Tea Time! (and an Attempt at Urdu). De Shalimar is supposed to offer chai. Great! Ordered my tea and tried to sound like a native. "Ek chai, please." The waiter gave me the most quizzical look. Turns out, my pronunciation sounded more like I was ordering a… well, best to leave it. Ended up pointing and smiling weakly. Success! (Sort of). The chai? Divine. Worth the humiliation.
  • 18:30 - Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant. I went for the classic butter chicken. The first bite… oh. My. God. Truly outstanding. And I had some paratha bread. I didn’t think I could feel happier.

Day 2: Markets, Mountains & Maybe a Breakdown or Two

  • 09:00 – Breakfast. Started the day with the obligatory breakfast of eggs, paratha, and everything.
  • 10:00 – Faisal Mosque. Magnificent, except for my inability to properly cover my head. The mosque itself is breathtaking. Seriously, jaw-dropping. But the whole head-covering thing? Still wrestling with it, mentally and physically. The scarf kept slipping, the wind was relentless. Looked more like a flailing scarecrow than a reverent tourist. Note to self: Invest in a better scarf.
  • 12:00 – Wander through the bustling Sunday Bazaar – Sensory Overload! Holy cow! The sights! The sounds! The smells! (Some good, some… not so much). I got completely lost almost immediately. Found some amazing spices, a ridiculously cheap pair of knock-off sunglasses, and a persistent vendor who insisted I needed a singing bird in a cage. Politely declined, but the memory of the song will always stay with me.
  • 13:30 – Lunch: Street Food Adventure (a decision I might regret later). Okay, so I saw a guy making these delicious-looking samosas. My stomach is screaming. The taste was amazing! The aftermath? TBD. I can get violently sick.
  • 14:30 – Drive to the Margalla Hills. These mountains are stunning. The air is clean. The views? Incredible. Took a million photos, feeling smug about my perfect Instagrammable life. Then the camera battery died. Cue minor (major) internal tantrum.
  • 16:00 – Hiking (attempt). Decided to hike. This turned into sweating and being incredibly out of shape, with a mild fear of wildlife… and heights.
  • 18:00 – Back to the De Shalimar. Meltdown in the shower. Got back to the hotel, exhausted, and I noticed that there's only 3 minutes of hot water. That's just enough time to have a mental breakdown.

Day 3: Food, History, and The Questionable State of My Digestion

  • 09:00 - Breakfast, and a hopeful prayer. Here's hoping yesterday's street feast didn't come back to haunt me.
  • 10:00 – Lok Virsa Museum: A Culture Shock Spectacular. I went to Lok Virsa Heritage Museum. This place is an overwhelming immersion in Pakistani culture. So much history. So much art. So much… stuff. I lost track of time, room, and my own grip on reality.
  • 13:00 – Lunch, Take Two (still cautiously optimistic). I tried some local restaurants. The flavours were amazing. The portion sizes? Terrifyingly huge.
  • 15:00 – Faisal Mosque Revisited – Peace Found (Maybe). The second time around, I felt a little more grounded. Beautiful place. It's making me see a greater meaning of the world.
  • 17:00 – The Great Teapot Dilemma. De Shalimar is offering a special tea and a "cultural experience". I can’t help but wonder if I’m going to get scammed.

Day 4: Departure (and a Sincere Wish for a Clean Toilet)

  • 07:00 – Last breakfast (and a final assessment). I feel a deep sense of attachment to this hotel, and it's making this trip difficult.
  • 08:00 – Last-minute souvenir shopping. (Mostly for my own survival). Found some beautiful things for family and friends.
  • 10:00 – Departure. The flight to the airport was smooth.
  • 14:00 – Arrive Home (hopefully with all my sanity intact). Success! Although the journey was messy and at times very emotional.

Final Thoughts:

Islamabad and De Shalimar Guest House? A truly intense experience. The food was amazing, the people were incredibly kind. The culture shock? Real. The existential questioning? Also real. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Just maybe with more Immodium and a less-ambitious itinerary. Until next time, world! And if anyone finds my sanity, please send it back. I miss it.

Unwind in Paradise: BR Resort & Club Sonkatch - Your Indian Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

Okay, is this "Escape to Paradise" thing *really* paradise? Because, let's be real, Islamabad...

Look, "Paradise" is a heavy word, right? And Islamabad, bless its heart, can be a little... predictable. You know? Roundabouts, fancy cars, and meticulously manicured lawns? De Shalimar *tries* to be paradise. And honestly? Sometimes it really, truly *is*. The views from the balcony, watching the sun bleed all over the Margalla Hills? Stuff of Instagram dreams. But… it also depends on your definition.
My first trip? Pure bliss. Woke up, birds chirping, that fresh air, the sound of the *chaiwala* starting his day. I was convinced I'd stumbled into some secret, utopian Islamabad. Then the power went out for four hours, and the water pressure decided to take a vacation. Paradise, with… a side of Pakistani reality. Which, you know, adds to the charm, in a weird way. They’re pretty upfront about it. It's not the Four Seasons. It's *real*.
So, it's paradise-adjacent. But with better chai, I have to say.

The location – is it *actually* a "hidden gem"? Because Google Maps lies. All. The. Time.

Okay, buckle up. Finding De Shalimar? It’s an adventure. A *glorious* adventure, let me tell you. Definitely a hidden gem. It's not *technically* hidden, because, you know, there’s a sign… eventually. But you will probably get lost. Twice. Maybe three times, depending on your navigation skills (mine are… suspect).
The roads get a bit… *intimate*. Narrow, winding, occasionally filled with rogue goats and the occasional existential dread. My first time, I kept thinking, "Is this it? Am I being kidnapped to a secluded, goat-filled lair?" Nope. It's just the unique charm of getting to the guest house.
The upside? You're *away* from the city hubbub. Once you park, you're in your own little elevated sanctuary.

What's the hype with the food? Is it as amazing as everyone says? I'm easily disappointed by breakfast.

Alright, breakfast. The *most* important meal of the day, if you ask me (and you did!). De Shalimar does not disappoint. Seriously. They brag about it, and DESERVE to brag. The parathas are flaky, buttery perfection. The *chai* (again with the chai!) is strong and fragrant.
I remember the first time. Hungover. Ugly. Thinking I'd die. Then, a plate of *aloo paratha* (potato-filled bread) arrived. One bite was… heaven. Suddenly, I felt like I could conquer the *entire* world. And all I had to do was demolish a delicious, calorie-laden breakfast.
They also do a proper English breakfast if you're craving a greasy spoon experience with a view. Which, sometimes, you just need. Just be prepared; you *will* overeat. You will be tempted to order everything. And you probably should.

The rooms - are they actually nice, or just, you know,… "nice for Pakistan"?

Okay, look, let's be real. Some places in Pakistan are… let's just say "rustic." De Shalimar is not. They're genuinely nice. They're clean, comfortable, and thoughtfully decorated. Think cozy, slightly bohemian vibes, with a healthy dose of local character. Some rooms have balconies with incredible views. Some don't. Book early to get one!
I stayed in one room with a balcony that overlooked the hills, and the view just took my breath away. Woke up, opened the curtains, and, boom! Mountains. The only downside? The occasional crow decided that my balcony was the perfect place to proclaim the end of the world at 5 AM.. It happens. (Bring earplugs.)
The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are functional. You won't feel like you're roughing it, which is a huge win, honestly.

What's the deal with the staff? I've had some… interesting… experiences with hospitality in Pakistan.

The staff are one of the best parts. Honestly. They're lovely. Generally speaking, friendly, helpful, and genuinely seem to care about your comfort. They’re just awesome.
I remember one time, I was trying to get a *rickshaw* to take me somewhere. Totally lost. I asked the staff, and they helped me find a *rickshaw* and also helped me tell him where to go. It was a total lifesaver. They're not pushy, they're not overbearing. They're just… there. Always, willing to help and with a smile. (Pro tip: learn a few basic Urdu phrases. It goes a long way.)
One thing? They are *genuinely* hospitable. Which is sometimes almost *too* good. I felt like I was being overfed. But, hey, no complaints. It's a Pakistani thing, I guess. And I'm not complaining!

What if I want to, you know, *do* something beyond eating and staring at views? Is there anything to *do* there?

Okay, so, activities. "Escape to Paradise" is more about… escaping. It’s a place to unwind. That said, Islamabad has plenty to offer, and De Shalimar can help you arrange things.
Hiking trails are *right there*. The Margalla Hills are stunning. You can hike to a viewpoint. Or just wander around, taking pictures. (Just… be prepared for the heat. Pakistan is not always friendly with its weather). Then, there's Faisal Mosque. Beautiful and serene. Or, just wander around the city, check out some stores. Or visit a museum.
De Shalimar can also help you arrange taxis. But, honestly? The best activity is just sitting on the balcony, drinking tea, and feeling the peace. Sometimes, that's all you need. Which, let's be honest, is pretty great. Relax. Escape. You earned it.

What's the biggest downside? Because nothing's perfect. (Except maybe the parathas…)

Okay, the *biggest* downside? It's not the easiest place to reach, as we've established, but the slightly out-of-the-way location can also be aRoam And Rests

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan

De Shalimar Guest House Islamabad Pakistan