Kendari's Hidden Gem: OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Review (You Won't Believe This!)

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

Kendari's Hidden Gem: OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Kendari's Hidden Gem: OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Review (You Won't Believe This!) - A Messy, Honest, and Hilariously Real Take

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to drop some truth bombs about OYO 93665 Puri Homestay in Kendari. They call it a hidden gem? Well, consider me the one who finally unearthed it, dusted it off, and is ready to tell you EVERYTHING. This won't be your sanitized, sterile travel blog review. This is real. This is messy. This is… well, you'll see.

First Impressions & The Accessibility Situation (or, the Mystery of the Missing Ramp)

Getting there was a little… an adventure. Finding the place initially without GPS felt like a treasure hunt. Shoutout to the friendly locals who pointed me in the right direction! (That, or it's just my terrible sense of direction. Seriously though, bring GPS.)

Accessibility: Now, I'm not in a wheelchair myself, BUT I did take a close look. The hotel’s website/description could have been more clear about accessibility. There is an elevator, which is a huge plus, but there were no obvious ramps leading in, and the pathways weren’t perfectly level. This NEEDS improvement. (Accessibility Needs Work! Don't expect a fully wheelchair-accessible experience.)

Once I got inside….

Rooms - The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Odd.

My room? Surprisingly spacious. Cleanliness? Generally good, but let's be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Indonesian dust and humidity somehow slipped passed the house keeping team and landed in the nooks and crannies of the place. The air conditioning was a godsend. Hot, humid Kendari in the height of summer? A brutal, soul-crushing experience, I assure you. (THANK GOODNESS for the air conditioning!)

Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

Let's talk about that "Free Wi-Fi". Bless it's soul. Now, I’ve been around the block, and know hotel Wi-Fi. This one? It was a touch… temperamental. Fine for basic browsing, but if you're planning on streaming HD movies or hosting a video conference? Maybe bring some alternative options. It's available in all rooms and is "free", but I should have packed a hotspot. (Wi-Fi: Hit or miss. Pack a backup!)

The Bed - A Comfy Affair! The bed was comfy, with clean sheets, plenty of pillows, and with the blackout curtains, I slept like a log.

More Room Details:

  • Bathroom: Private bathrooms were great! They are spacious and clean.
  • Extra Long Bed: Very important for taller travelers!
  • The Soundproofing - Fantastic! I slept soundly, with no outside noise. It's a big plus!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Where My Taste Buds Went on an Adventure

Dining Options? They had a restaurant, and I think there was a coffee shop somewhere, but the information was very sparse, and I didn’t investigate heavily on any of those, and I was too lazy to go searching. There WAS room service, 24-hour service which was really nice. (Room service was clutch. Seriously, who doesn't love 24/7 room service?).

Breakfast - Breakfast wasn’t included in my rate, but there seemed to be some options. I recall seeing an "Asian breakfast" on the menu. Ultimately, I opted to explore local eateries for breakfast and I found some really tasty dishes.

The Bar (if there was one) was not prominently advertised. I saw a bar, but the vibe was so quiet! There's also a Poolside bar (which I did not investigate.)

Cleanliness and Safety - Feeling Safe and Sound-ish

Cleanliness: Daily housekeeping was a definite plus! The cleaning staff did a good job, though I didn't check into all of the details. I'm not a germaphobe, as long as it looks clean. Safety: I definitely felt safe. There was 24-hour security, CCTV cameras, and all that jazz.

Available safety: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms.

Services and Conveniences - The Bits & Bobs

Services and Conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.

The staff were friendly and helpful, especially at the front desk. They were very patient and kind with my limited Indonesian. (The staff? Top marks for friendliness!) Laundry Service was available. Needed.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax - Did I Find Bliss?

Things to do, ways to relax: Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].

Okay, here's where things get interesting. The property boasts a swimming pool. And it looks AMAZING in the photos. I did go for a swim. And the water? Gloriously cool. The gym and the spa? I did not use. (Confession: I am lazy.)

For the Kids - Family-Friendly Vibes?

For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.

They seemed to be Trying to be family-friendly. I saw some kids' facilities, but I didn't have kids with me. So, I'll let some families evaluate that. But good on them for aiming to be family-friendly.

Getting Around - Airport Transfer Available but Did I Use It?

Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.

I got around mainly via taxi. The airport transfer was available, might be a good idea, but I’m a rebel.

The "Hidden Gem" Verdict - Would I Return?

So, is OYO 93665 Puri Homestay a true hidden gem? Well… it's got its quirks. It's not perfect, and it has some definite room for improvement, especially with accessibility. But for the price, the location (once you find it!), and the generally positive vibe, I'd say it's worth a look. Yes, there were imperfections, but that's what made it so charming. It wasn’t a sterile, soul-less hotel experience. It was real.

The Final Score:

  • Cleanliness: 4/5 (Could be slightly better in some areas)
  • Comfort: 4.5/5 (Bed was amazing, air con a life saver!)
  • Service: 4.5/5 (Friendly, helpful staff)
  • Value: 4/5 (Good price point)
  • Overall: 4/5 - Recommend!

The "You Won't Believe This!" Part (Marketing Guff, But Possibly True)

Now, for the juicy bit – the marketing pitch. Let's be honest, is it truly a "hidden gem"? The "You Won't Believe This!" part likely plays on the fact that the hotel, in reality, has some quirks: sometimes great, sometimes not-so-great.

Here's My Pitch (Because I'm Officially a Hotel Writer):

Escape the Ordinary at OYO 93665 Puri Homestay, Kendari!

Tired of cookie-cutter hotels where everything feels… bland? Ready for something real? Then ditch the predictable and dive into the unexpected! OYO 93665

Escape to Paradise: Aravalli Hill Resort, Chittorgarh's Hidden Gem

Book Now

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

Alright, buckle up buttercups! Because this isn't your glossy travel brochure itinerary. This is real life in Southeast Sulawesi, specifically…drumroll…Kendari and, more importantly, OYO 93665 Puri Homestay. Honestly, the name alone gave me the giggles. Puri Homestay. Sounds like a fancy spa you'd never afford. Let's see if the reality lives up to the, erm, expectation.

Okay, Here's the Plan (or Lack Thereof):

Day 1: Arrival & "Orientation" (More Like Chaos)

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Flight from… well, let's just say "somewhere far away." Woke up on the plane with the distinct feeling I’d swallowed a sock. Airport arrival. Immigration. Currency exchange. The usual dance of feeling simultaneously jetlagged and wildly out of my depth. I’m pretty sure the currency exchange guy tried to shortchange me. Lesson one: Trust no one, or at least double-check the numbers.
  • Morning/Mid-day (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Taxi to Puri Homestay. This is where things got… interesting. The driver, bless his heart, mostly spoke Indonesian, which I mostly don't speak. The "homestay" (and let's be honest, I was picturing a quaint little cottage) ended up being a pretty standard building. Puri, yeah, that was a stretch. But hey, at least it has a roof. Also, I found the address to be a bit dubious… like the google maps was hallucinating.
  • Mid-day (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Settling-in. First impressions? Uh…functional. The room isn't exactly winning any design awards, the AC sounds like a wheezing asthmatic, and the bathroom? Let's just say I've seen cleaner. But hey, at least it has a bed. And I need that bed. I’m pretty sure I spotted a cockroach skittering across the floor the size of my thumbnail. Note to self: Invest in industrial-strength insect repellent.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Attempting to get my bearings. Wandering around the area. Okay, so "wandering" might be a strong word. More like, "gingerly shuffling down the street, clutching my bag like it contained the crown jewels, and sweating profusely." Tried to find some local food. Ended up eating something that looked like fried noodles. Taste? Questionable. But carbs are carbs. I also saw a guy riding a motorbike with, like, five kids perched on it. The lack of helmets was… concerning. I also wanted to try the fruit, but I didn't know what most of it was.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at a warung (local eatery). Now this was an experience. The food… oh, the food. I had some mie goreng which would've been a masterpiece if the mosquito-infested environment didn't make me think about typhoid fever. There was a cat, the most handsome cat I've ever seen, sat next to me during all this, staring intensely at my plate. It was a battle of wills. I won. I think? Sleep. I tried to sleep. The AC was still wheezing. The street noise was relentless. But I needed sleep.

Day 2: Into the Deep End (and Maybe a Little Seaweed)

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up. Surprisingly not dead. Breakfast. Whatever was being served. It wasn't exactly a Michelin-starred experience, but at least they had coffee. The coffee, however, was the consistency of mud, and tasted like it. I think I started crying slightly.
  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Determined to be adventurous! Headed to "Nirwana Beach". Hired a ojek (motorbike taxi). This was, in fact, the only adrenaline rush I have had since the 2005 movie King Kong. The driver seemed to think the road was optional. The scenery was beautiful though, which I think I noticed through the fear-induced tunnel vision. The beach itself was… okay, the sand looked like it needed a bit of a clean, but the water was crystal clear.
  • Mid-day (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch at a beachside warung. Sat next to a couple of kids playing in the sand, making weird noises that sounded to be some sort of mating call. Ate some ikan bakar (grilled fish), that was actually brilliant. A moment of pure, unadulterated joy. It was worth the near-death experience on the ojek. The view of the ocean. Sigh.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Snorkeling! Tried snorkeling. It was amazing! The coral! The fish! I almost swallowed half the ocean but the feeling of being in the water was heavenly. But when I was getting back, I cut my foot on something sharp. Turns out, there's a whole ecosystem of spiky things beneath the surface. Blood, salty water, panic.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Back at the homestay. Staring at said foot. Applying antiseptic. Contemplating my life choices. Pizza. I ordered pizza from a delivery place that claimed to be "the best pizza in Kendari". I wouldn't go that far. But it was hot. And cheesy. And it helped. More sleep, hopefully better.
  • Late night: Can't sleep. It's hot. The AC is wheezing even louder. Starting to think I brought the wrong mosquito repellent.

Day 3: Culture Shock & (Hopefully) No More Sharks

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Breakfast. Survived. The coffee is becoming less… offensive. Still, that cockroach is back, I think I've seen him at the corner of my eye several times.
  • Morning/Mid-day (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Decide to embrace the chaos. Visit the "Konawe Cultural Park". Okay, so it wasn't exactly the Louvre, but at least there were some interesting carvings, some traditional houses, and… some very persistent children wanting to sell me trinkets. The heat was brutal. I’m pretty certain I lost about a gallon of sweat.
  • Mid-day (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Lunch. Tried some new food. Something with coconut milk. It was delicious. It was also incredibly spicy. My mouth is on fire. I feel great.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Return to Puri Homestay. Attempt to read. Fail. The AC is mocking me now. I feel like I'm wilting. Contemplating life as a hermit.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Head out to a local market. This was incredible! The smells! The sounds! The utter sensory overload. Bought some fruit that I couldn't identify. It was purple. It was delicious. Maybe a new fruit obsession? Also bought some dubious-looking street food. Risk vs reward. I'll report back tomorrow.
  • Night: This is an ongoing story, as I'm writing this and the hours go by… I am back at the homestay in my room. At the moment, my only companion is the wheezing AC unit. Will probably watch some movies. Hope tomorrow's better.

Day 4 and Beyond:

  • Continue to explore. Get lost. Probably get sick. Hopefully learn some Indonesian phrases. Embrace the absurdity. Accept the cockroaches. (Maybe.) Expect the unexpected. And, in the words of the great Douglas Adams, "Don't panic." Oh, and try to survive the night. Seriously, the AC is a killer.

Observations & Ramblings:

  • The Smell: Everything smells of a weird mix of incense, diesel, and something I can't quite identify. It's… unique.
  • The People: The people are incredibly friendly and helpful, even when I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. Smiling is universal.
  • The Food: A rollercoaster of flavors and textures. Delicious one minute, making me question my life choices the next.
  • The Cockroaches: I'm starting to see them as roommates. We are, after all, both just living our lives.
  • The Homestay: Puri Homestay… It's not perfect. But it's a base. A very imperfect base. But it's mine, for a little while. I'm finding it kinda endearing.

This is my imperfect, messy, and utterly human journey. I will continue to update this log. Wish me luck… I'm gonna need it.

P.S. If anyone knows where I can buy industrial

Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Secrets of Villa Licia, Bali

Book Now

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay in Kendari: The Honest Truth (Brace Yourselves...)

Okay, Spill the Beans: Is Puri Homestay REALLY a Hidden Gem? Or Just Hidden?

Alright, alright, listen up! "Hidden Gem" feels... optimistic. Let's just say it's... off the beaten path. Finding it involved some serious GPS gymnastics, and a few moments of existential dread when I thought I was about to drive straight into a rice paddy. So, hidden? Absolutely. Gem? That depends on your definition of "gem." More like a slightly tarnished, but still kind of interesting, piece of costume jewelry found buried in your grandma's attic.

The Room: What's the Vibe? Clean? Gross? Somewhere in Between?

Okay, here's where things get real. Picture this: you open the door, and... you're greeted by the distinct scent of... well, let's call it "tropical air freshener." The kind that's trying REALLY hard to mask something. Let's just say the cleanliness falls into the "lived-in" category. Think: dust bunnies that have developed their own ecosystem, and a few mysterious stains on the bedspread that I bravely chose *not* to analyze too closely. The sheets? They smelled faintly of laundry detergent, which was a win! The bathroom? Let's just say, bring your own flip-flops for the shower. And maybe a hazmat suit.

The Staff: Are They Friendly? Helpful? Invisible? Do They Even *Exist*?

This is where things got... interesting. The staff? A mixed bag. The person who checked me in was lovely, bless her heart. She spoke limited English but was incredibly enthusiastic. Later, I needed something (I can't even remember what, probably a functioning toilet, or more importantly, toilet paper) and it was like trying to summon a ghost. I swear, I wandered around, shouting, "Hello? Anyone? Is there anyone here?!" The silence was deafening. Eventually, someone *appeared* (no idea from where), seemed vaguely surprised to see me, and… well, the issue was eventually resolved. But the sheer *lack* of staff proximity throughout the day was... unsettling. It's the kind of place where you feel like you're in your own personal episode of "Lost."

Food: Are They Offering Any Breakfast, Lunch Or Dinner?

Breakfast? Uh, let me think. No, no, there was no breakfast. Nothing. Zilch. Zero. Nada. Unless you count the instant noodles you find in the shop at the door. Then I'm sorry to tell you, no they don't, or maybe I just missed the memo about the breakfast buffet, who knows. I was too scared that the door was gonna get locked on me.

The Location: Is It Convenient? Isolated? Close to Anything Fun?

Okay, the location is... complicated. It's not in the city center, which can be good or bad depending on your vibe. It definitely feels secluded, which is either peaceful or downright creepy depending on your personality. You *will* need a scooter or a persistent Grab driver. I spent a considerable amount of time yelling "Kendari! Kendari!" at my phone, hoping the GPS would magically materialize a taxi out of thin air. Was it close to anything fun? I honestly don't know. I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to escape. But hey, maybe that's part of the adventure, right?

Wifi: Did it even exist?

Oh, the Wi-Fi. The elusive, phantom Wi-Fi. *It was there*, supposedly. The password was even provided (and was probably the date the homestay was founded or the first OYO code or something boring). But the connection? Let's just say my ancient dial-up modem from the 90s had a faster download speed. I spent a good hour trying to upload a single photo of a particularly epic sunset (because, you know, travel blogger obligations), and it was like watching paint dry. Eventually, I gave up and just stared out the window, wondering if I was going to turn into a digital hermit. I think I spent more time staring at a loading icon than actually *using* the internet. So yeah, prepare to embrace the digital detox. You’ve been warned.

My Worst Experience: The Shower Drama

Alright, buckle up, because this is the moment that really cemented my opinion. The shower... Oh, the shower. First of all, the water pressure was about as powerful as a damp noodle. Seriously, more like a gentle trickle. Then, the temperature. It went from freezing to, at times, genuinely scalding without warning. And, on one particularly memorable occasion, the showerhead *fell off the wall* while I was mid-shampoo. Picture this: me, covered in soap, shrieking like a banshee, desperately trying to reattach a showerhead while dodging a rogue stream of unpredictable hot water. I swear, the entire homestay probably heard me. It was an experience that will forever be etched in my memory. A truly unforgettable, and slightly traumatizing, moment.

Would You Recommend Puri Homestay?

Look, if you're on a super-tight budget, and you're the adventurous type who enjoys a good story to tell, then maybe. Maybe. But be prepared. Be VERY prepared. Bring your own supplies, set your expectations low, and embrace the chaos! If, however, you value things like cleanliness, reliable internet, and a functioning shower, then… maybe give this one a miss. I'm not going to lie, staying there was… an experience. And I'm not sure I'd do it again. But hey, at least I have a story. And that, in a weird way, is worth something, right?

Hotel Blog Guru

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia

OYO 93665 Puri Homestay Kendari Indonesia