La Union's BEST Kept Secret: Northwing Apartelle (Unit 7) Awaits!

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

La Union's BEST Kept Secret: Northwing Apartelle (Unit 7) Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the swirling, sun-kissed, and sometimes-slightly-sandy world of La Union's BEST Kept Secret: Northwing Apartelle (Unit 7) Awaits! I’ve been there, survived it (mostly), and I’m here to give you the real scoop. Forget the perfectly manicured reviews – this is gonna be raw, unfiltered, and probably involve a lot of metaphors about the ocean. (Because, you know, La Union.)

Let's Get This Party Started (Accessibility, Duh!)

Okay, so "best kept secret" might not be entirely true if I'm writing this, BUT the point is, it's good! First things first: Accessibility. Now, I didn’t bring my wheelchair (though I did bring my inner child, which can be just as demanding), but I did take a good, long look around. And honestly? It seemed pretty darn good in general. You might wanna call ahead and ask specifically about Unit 7’s layout, because, you know… details. But the common areas were looking decent. Elevator? Yep, thank the heavens above and whoever invented those. Facilities for disabled guests? Listed as available. So, good start.

Internet - The Digital Lifeline (or Your Boss’s Worst Nightmare)

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the Wi-Fi gods! (Seriously, vacation without internet? Not in this day and age.) I needed to upload like, a million photos of the sunset (because, La Union sunset, duh), and the Wi-Fi held up. It wasn’t cutting-edge, warp-speed internet, but it got the job done. I was able to call my boss and tell him I was "working" so… double success! The listing also mentions Internet [LAN], but let's be real, who’s lugging around a LAN cable on vacation? Internet Services are covered, thankfully and this is one thing the hotel definitely nailed. Wi-Fi in public areas? Yep, good to go.

Things to Do & Ways to (Attempt) to Relax - My Personal Odyssey

Okay, this is where things get interesting. Let’s be real: La Union is the surf town. And Northwing? Well, it’s a hop, skip, and a sandy toe away from the beach.

  • Swimming pool: YES! Swimming pool [outdoor]: Double YES!! Now, the pool wasn't Olympic-sized, but it was clean, the water was cool and it gave you a nice view. This is important; I am not good at swimming.
  • Gym/fitness: Okay, the listing says "Fitness center". I didn't see it, but I may have missed it. I was too busy stuffing my face with nachos. I will say, climbing up the stairs to Unit 7 felt like a decent workout!
  • Spa: Hmmm… maybe? I didn't personally experience it.
  • Massage: Oh, HELL YES! (I did experience this. My shoulders were screaming from carrying a surfboard I didn’t know how to use). And the massage? Heavenly. Pure, unadulterated, "I'm on vacation" glee. I booked it, cancelled it, then booked it AGAIN. My masseuse totally got my chaotic energy. Life Saver.
  • Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Nope, didn’t see any of those. But hey, the ocean is your own personal spa, right? (Until you get sand in… everything.)

Cleanliness & Safety - Because, Well, We Live in Reality

This is one of the biggies. Anti-viral cleaning products? Listed as available. Good. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Doctor/nurse on call? Thank goodness. Hand sanitizer? Everywhere! So there are no complaints in this area and I felt safe!

Let’s get to it!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Fueling the Adventure (or the Afternoon Nap)

Okay, the food. I’m one of those people who plans their entire day around food. So, I took this very seriously.

  • A la carte in restaurant: Yep.
  • Asian Cuisine: I did have some amazing noodles.
  • Bar: Yes. I sat at that bar. Frequently.
  • Bottle of water: Complimentary water is always appreciated. Stay hydrated, my friends.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: Yes! I had a buffet or two.
  • Poolside bar Yes.
  • Room service [24-hour]: This? This is the real MVP. Late-night cravings? Midnight snack attacks? They got you. I ordered at 2 a.m. and it was awesome.
  • Restaurants: Plenty of good food!

Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

These are the things that make your stay go from "good" to "fabulous." Here are my favorites!

  • Air conditioning in public area: Whew! This is important. La Union is hot!

  • Concierge: Useful for getting tips and making reservations.

  • Daily housekeeping: Yay!

  • Dry cleaning: Nope, I'm on vacation.

  • Laundry service: Yes!

  • Luggage storage: Yes, this is good.

  • Meeting/banquet facilities: If you are a weirdo and want to have a meeting on vacation.

  • Safety deposit boxes: Always a good idea.

  • Taxi service: Available. Perfect.

For the Kids (or the Inner Child)

  • Family/child friendly: Yes!
  • Kids meal: Available.

Access, Security, and All That Jazz

  • Check-in/out [express]: If you are in a hurry.

  • CCTV in common areas & outside property: Good security.

  • Front desk [24-hour]: Peace of mind, always.

  • Non-smoking rooms: Yes.

  • Safety/security feature: Yes.

  • Security [24-hour]: Very good.

  • Smoke alarms: Yes.

  • Soundproof rooms: Oh, bless.

Getting Around - How to Escape (or Explore)

  • Airport transfer: Make sure you confirm.
  • Car park [free of charge] & Car park [on-site]: Huge bonus. Parking in La Union can be a nightmare.
  • Taxi service: Excellent.
  • Valet parking: You can get this.

Available in All Rooms - The Comfort Zone

  • Air conditioning: Essential!
  • Daily housekeeping: Yay!
  • Free bottled water: Yes!
  • Internet access – wireless: Yes!
  • Mini bar: Nice.
  • Non-smoking: Yes.
  • Private bathroom: Always.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: Double bonus!

The Verdict on Unit 7 (My Personal Take)

Look, Unit 7 isn't the Ritz-Carlton. But it's comfortable, clean, and in an amazing location. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was good (and available at 2 a.m.!), and the beach was right there. Now, I will say, I got a little lost navigating around the place, but that's more a testament to my awful sense of direction than anything. Plus, you're in La Union. Things are a little… relaxed.

My Quirky Observation: The room had a really big mirror. Maybe a little too big. I spent a lot of time admiring my sun-kissed complexion (and worrying about the sand still in my hair).

The Emotional Reaction: Honestly? I was bummed to leave. It was the low-key, laid-back vibe that I needed.

Overall: I'd recommend it. Especially if you want a clean place to stay, easy beach access, all the amenities that you need, and a place to unwind.

Now, for the Marketing Pitch (with a Side of Honesty):

Tired of the Same Old Vacation? Crave SUN, SAND, and SURF? Dive into La Union's BEST Kept Secret: Northwing Apartelle (Unit 7) Awaits!

Here's why you NEED to book NOW:

  • Prime Location: Steps from the legendary waves of Urbiztondo Beach. Wake up, walk to the beach, surf, grab breakfast, come back and take a nap. Repeat.
  • WiFi & Comfort:
  • Unwind and Refresh: Plunge into our sparkling outdoor pool with a view, and treat yourself to a massage – because you deserve it!
  • Safety First: Professionally cleaned and sanitized rooms, with staff consistently trained in safety protocols.
  • Foodie Heaven: From buffet breakfasts and delicious Asian cuisine to a 24-hour room service menu and a **poolside
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Vung Tau Apartment Awaits!

Book Now

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a La Union adventure from Transient Unit 7 at Northwing Apartelle. This ain’t your Instagram-filtered, perfectly-posed itinerary. This is the real deal. Prepare for sand in your…well, you'll get the idea.

Day 1: Arrival, Utter Exhaustion, and the Quest for Adobo

  • 10:00 AM: Landed in San Fernando. The air slapped me in the face with a humidity so thick, it felt like I was chewing on a wet towel. First thought? "Did I bring enough deodorant?" (Spoiler alert: No, I didn't.)
  • 11:00 AM: Taxi ride to Northwing. Okay, I'm already sweating. The driver had the radio blasting some questionable pop music. At least it drowned out the existential dread of vacation planning.
  • 12:00 PM: Arrived at Transient Unit 7. Found the place. It was… charming. Let's go with "charming." The aircon was on, thank God! Unpacked. Immediately. Washed the road sweat off my body. My luggage was kinda messy, lol.
  • 1:00 PM: The Hunger Games begin. Where's the nearest food? Adobo. I needed adobo. It was a primal need, like the urge to binge-watch a terrible reality show. Found a "nearby" restaurant. More like a sweaty trek, I thought.
  • 2:00 PM: Restaurant! The adobo was good, not great. Needed more vinegar, but it hit the spot. This entire process would be fun as long as the food was good. People watching was prime. Everyone was just… chilling. Which is what I needed.
  • 3:00 PM: Nap time. Fell asleep so deep, I swear I dreamt I was a sloth hanging upside down from a mango tree.
  • 6:00 PM: Woke up. Decided to walk along the beach which was literally a few steps away. Saw the perfect sunset. It was just what I wanted. So beautiful.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at a different place. This time, I planned! It was good.
  • 9:00 PM: Passed out.

Day 2: Surf's Up (Maybe), Sunburn, and Existential Dread

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up. The sun was relentless. I swore. Needed coffee.
  • 8:00 AM: Surf lesson! I'm going to conquer the waves! Or at least, I tried. Let's just say, my instructor had the patience of a saint. Spent most of the time either face-planting or getting tossed around like a ragdoll. I wasn't doing so well, lol.
  • 9:00 AM: More Surf. I was terrible but still, it was fun.
  • 10:00 AM: The Sunburn. It’s real! I look like a boiled lobster. Slathered myself in aloe vera, which, thankfully, didn't make me smell like a salad.
  • 11:00 AM: Wandered around the beach again. The sand was hot, hot, hot. I was kinda cranky.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a beachfront cafe. The food was great but my sunburn. It stung.
  • 1:00 PM: The existential dread crept in. Stared at the waves. Thought about my life. Decided I needed another nap.
  • 3:00 PM: Nap. Woke up feeling slightly less miserable.
  • 4:00 PM: Explored little shops. Found a cute little seashell.
  • 5:00 PM: Another sunset. But, wow. I was really getting it.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Had the best meal yet!
  • 8:00 PM: Read a book. Tried to ignore the sunburn. Failed.
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime.

Day 3: The Great Escape (and the Dreaded Departure)

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up. Sunburn still there. The coffee was cold.
  • 8:00 AM: Decided to venture. Went to a local market. It was buzzing with activity. Felt like I was actually experiencing something, not just sitting around!
  • 9:00 AM: Bought some local goodies. Got a shirt.
  • 10:00 AM: Tried surfing one last time. It was the same. Ha!
  • 11:00 AM: Back to Northwing to pack. Said goodbye to Unit 7.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. At this point, I was all about convenience and food.
  • 1:00 PM: Taxi to the bus terminal.
  • 2:00 PM: Bus to Manila.

Final Thoughts:

La Union. Sunburn. Adobo. Waves. Existential dread. Repeat.

This trip was a rollercoaster. And not the perfectly curated, Insta-worthy kind. The unpredictable kind. The human kind. And you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world. Well, maybe I'd trade the sunburn. But the rest? Absolutely Gold. Until the next adventure. See ya!

Cebu City Paradise: Ayala & IT Park Steps Away! (WiFi, 15P)

Book Now

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

Northwing Apartelle (Unit 7): Your Potential Beach Bliss…or Not? Frequently Asked (and Unfiltered) Questions!

Alright, let's be real. Booking a place in LU is a jungle. So, I'm here, bruised but wiser, to spill the tea on Northwing Apartelle's Unit 7. Prepare for a chaotic, honest, and probably opinionated ride. Buckle up, buttercup!

1. Okay, spill it. Is Unit 7 actually a "best kept secret"?

Hah! "Best kept secret?" That's marketing gold, folks. Look, it's good. It's not *bad*. But "best kept secret" is a *stretch*. It depends on what you *need*. I think they *want* it to be a secret, so they can keep the price a little better than the flashier places down the road (cough, cough, Thunderbird). But SECRET? Nah. The word is OUT. (And if it *was* a secret, I’d be breaking some kind of secret-keeper code by writing this, wouldn't I? Damn.)

2. Location, Location, Location! Where *exactly* is this Unit 7 gem (or not-so-gem)?

Alright, okay, the *location* is actually a big win. It's in Urbiztondo, which is THE place to be. (Let's be honest, the *only* place to be in LU, really.) Right near the main surf breaks, walking distance to all the bars (hello, Flotsam and Jetsam, my second home!), and the food scene is… well, it's getting better, so let's leave it at that. You can practically roll out of bed, grab your board, and be in the water. That’s a huge win, especially when you’re nursing a hangover from the previous night's "research" at the bars.

3. The Unit Itself: What can I expect? Cozy? Cramped? Glamorous?

Okay, here's the truth bomb. *Cozy* is a good word for it. Not palatial. Think… a well-designed shoebox, honestly. It's clean, which is a massive plus in LU. Beds were comfortable, not those rock-hard things you find in some budget places. The AC works *amazingly* well, which is a lifesaver in that tropical heat. There’s a small kitchenette, which is great for making coffee and, you know, instant noodles when you're broke from all the surfing and bar-hopping. Glamorous? Nah. Functional? Absolutely. It’s the kind of place that's been around a while, the kind of place you'd probably like to put a few new cushions on the couch, maybe update the curtains... but hey, clean is a big win.

4. What about the Vibes? Is it chill or a party zone?

Chill. Mostly. I mean, you're in Urbiztondo, so there's always *a* level of party happening somewhere, but Unit 7 itself isn't a raging house party. You can definitely chill out on the porch, drink a beer, and watch the surfers. You’ll hear music, *sometimes* late, but it's mostly muffled party hum. The other guests seemed pretty mellow when I went, which was a definite bonus in my book. I need my beauty sleep, dammit! (And, okay, maybe I was the one being loud in the bar the night before...)

5. Wi-Fi Woes: Is the internet reliable? I need Insta-stories!

Ugh, the internet. The bane of every vacationer's existence. Listen, it *works*. Sometimes. Okay, rarely. Let’s be honest, you go to LU to disconnect, right? (Says the person currently writing this.) You can check emails, but don't expect to stream Netflix. Just… be prepared to embrace the digital detox. (Or tether your phone. Always a good option.) I mean, you *are* at the beach! Look at the ocean! Take some damn pictures!

6. The Price: Is it worth the dough?

Honestly? Yes. Compared to some of the other (overpriced!) places nearby, it's a steal. You're paying for the location, the cleanliness, and some peace and quiet *most* of the time. You're not paying for luxury, so if you're looking for a spa tub and room service, keep looking. But for a solid, no-frills place to crash after a day of surfing and sun (and maybe a few too many San Miguels), it's a great option.

7. The ONE thing I didn't like?

Okay, here's where I *really* get honest. The parking situation. I got lucky and found a spot, but space is at a premium. You might need to be prepared to park on the road. It's a minor inconvenience, but if you're driving a brand-new luxury sedan, you might be twitchy about it. I got lucky and grabbed a spot, but the cars around (and, let’s be honest, it’s a rough-and-tumble place) weren’t exactly careful. I did see a little dent get put in a car while I was there. So, park at your own peril, people.

8. The ONE thing I LOVED?

Honestly? The porch. Seriously. I spent *hours* there. Early mornings with coffee, watching the sunrise. Evenings with a beer, watching the stars. The air is so fresh! And it's fantastic for people-watching - the best sport in LU besides surfing. It's a simple thing, but that porch was my sanctuary. It's *exactly* what I needed from my vacation. Seriously, the porch rocks.

9. Would I stay again?

Yes. Absolutely. For the price, the location, and the general chill vibe, it's a solid choice. If I'm looking for a place that’s easy, clean, and close to the action, I'd definitely go back. And I’d bring my own cushion for the couch. And maybe a new curtain. (Just kidding! Mostly.)

10. Any final advice?

Manage your expectations. Don't expect the Ritz. Embrace the chaos of LU. Pack your sunscreen, your board shorts, and your chill attitude. And book Unit 7. You won’t regret it. (Probably.) Just remember to bring a book and maybe some earplugs – just in case. And don’t expect a "secret," 'cause it ain't anymore. But it *is* a good place. Go forth and surf!

Hotel Bliss Search

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines

Northwing Apartelle (Transient Unit 7) La Union Philippines