Sioux Falls' BEST Hotel? My Place Hotel Review Will SHOCK You!

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

Sioux Falls' BEST Hotel? My Place Hotel Review Will SHOCK You!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash the TRUTH about Sioux Falls hotels. Forget the perfectly curated Instagram feeds; this is the REAL DEAL. We’re talking My Place Hotel Review Will SHOCK You! levels of honesty. And trust me, after my recent stay… well, let's just say my expectations got absolutely demolished.

First things first: Accessibility – or, Where’s the Elevator, Folks?

Okay, this is important. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I always, ALWAYS check for accessibility. And My Place? They've got the basics covered. Elevator? Check. (Thank God!) Wheelchair accessible rooms? Yes, they're listed, but I didn't get to peek inside one, so I can't vouch personally. The website lists it, so hopefully, it's legit. They list Facilities for disabled guests too. But honestly, sometimes these hotels just say they have it. You gotta call, you gotta ask, you gotta make sure. I'm going to give them a tentative thumbs up here, but do your homework if access is a MUST.

Internet Abyss and the Wi-Fi Whisperers

Alright, so the internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Absolutely. And it's generally decent. But, and this is a big BUT, it’s not always lightning-fast. I needed to upload some HUGE files (don’t ask, it’s a secret!), and let’s just say, it took the patience of a saint. I mean, I understand the struggle with modern tech, especially when you're trying to stream a movie or something. So again, it's acceptable but don't count on it for business level speeds. They also didn't mention Internet [LAN] so I didn't bring a cable thinking Wi-Fi was all they had. That was on me, I guess! They should probably make the Wi-Fi in public areas faster.

Cleanliness and Safety – The Sanitized Fortress?

Okay, this is where My Place shines. And I mean shines. In today’s world, this should be paramount. They mention a ton of stuff, like Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer (literally everywhere), Individually-wrapped food options, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment… It's like they're running a sterile lab, and honestly? I loved it. I, myself, am pretty paranoid, and my room felt squeaky clean. Room sanitization opt-out available? I didn’t see it, but hey, they’re so thorough it’s not a bad thing. The Safe dining setup also made me feel safe. They go to lengths for safety!

My Biggest Shocker: The Breakfast… or Lack Thereof

Here's the rant. Seriously, this is the thing that shocked me most. I LOVE breakfast. And My Place… while they offer Breakfast [buffet] there is something missing. This wasn't even a half-hearted continental breakfast with sad pastries and watered-down coffee! No, friends. This was a "grab-and-go" situation. Fine. Whatever. I get it. Times are tough. BUT. The options were like, pre-packaged muffins (which, to be fair, were alright) and some fruit. No hot food, no eggs. No cereal. No… joy. It was… disappointing. They offer Breakfast takeaway service, I guess. It would have been nice to have even a little bit of something besides the Coffee/tea in restaurant and the Bottle of water they provide. This is where they REALLY fell short for me. This is the shock of my review.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Real Truth)

No on-site restaurants, folks. Nope. Nada. Zip. They've got a Snack bar, that’s all. But hey, there are plenty of restaurants in Sioux Falls. They offer Food delivery, so you can order whatever you want, which is a plus.

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter

They actually have a lot going on here. Air conditioning in public area? Check. Cash withdrawal? Check. (Useful!) They have a Concierge, a Convenience store (for those midnight snack cravings), Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator (again - thank you!), Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Outdoor venue for special events, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace, the list goes on. The Check-in/out [express], and Contactless check-in/out are great. They’re clearly trying to make your stay as effortless as possible. They offer Air conditioning in public area, and Daily housekeeping as well.

For the Kids – Family Fun?

They mention being Family/child friendly. But I didn't see anything specific. They don't mention Babysitting service, or Kids meal. But hey, the hotel's clean, so maybe that's a win for parents?

Getting Around – Wheels and Wonders

They've got Car park [free of charge]! Score! Also, Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service. Pretty standard stuff, but good to have. They don't have Valet parking.

In-Room Essentials – The Comfort Zone

Okay, let’s talk rooms. They offer Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Mini bar, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. It’s a solid list. My room was super clean, the bed was comfy (extra-long, even!), and the Wi-Fi worked. They don’t have Additional toilet, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Carpeting, Closet, Extra long bed, High floor, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Scale, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax) – Beyond the Hotel Walls

So, This is where I struggled. My Place doesn't offer much in the way of Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage. You’re on your own for entertainment. Sioux Falls has cool stuff, I guess. But this hotel? Nah.

The Verdict: The Shock and the Spark

Okay, so, this review got messy, right? It's honest. It's got its flaws, but it also has strengths. The lack of a decent breakfast stung. Seriously. But for the price and the cleanliness, My Place is doing something right. This isn’t luxury; it’s clean, convenient, and generally pleasant.

Why You Should Book (If You're Smart):

  • (Seriously Clean): If cleanliness is your thing, My Place is your paradise.
  • (Convenience): They make check-in/check-out a breeze and have a lot of great conveniences.
  • (Budget-Friendly): You're getting a good value for your money.
  • (Accessibility (probably)): Be sure to confirm if you need it.

My Offer to You – (To the Brave Who Read This Far)

Book your stay at My Place Hotel in Sioux Falls, and use the code "SHOCKMYSTAY" at checkout to get 10% off your first night. And be sure to bring your own breakfast. You've been warned!

Final Thoughts:

Would I stay here again? Probably. It's not a vacation, but it's a solid place to crash while you explore Sioux Falls. Just don’t expect a gourmet breakfast (or a spa day). But hey, at least you know you'll sleep in a super clean bed. And in the crazy world, we live in, that's a win. Now, go get that room!

Varanasi's Hidden Gem: LS Grand Guest House - Unforgettable Stay!

Book Now

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the absolute wonder that is… My Place Hotel in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. You know, just try not to expect the Ritz. Instead, prepare for something… real.

My Place Hotel, Sioux Falls - Survival Guide (and Possible Breakdown) for One Human:

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Bedding Experiment

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival: Okay, so the drive took longer than expected, thanks to that rogue blizzard I swear I saw on the way. Should've packed more hot chocolate. Anyway, finally, Sioux Falls. My Place. Wish me luck, the last My Place I stayed at had a hairdryer that sounded like a dying squirrel. The entrance is… well, it's a hotel entrance. Smells like bleach and faint hope.

  • 1:15 PM - Check-In Chaos: The front desk person, bless her heart, looks like she’s seen things. Probably a lot of "forgotten" room keys and folks who can't handle a continental breakfast. I fumble for my credit card, feel a pang of existential dread at the potential for hidden fees, and pray they haven't run out of the only kind of coffee I can tolerate - dark roast.

  • 1:30 PM - The Room Revelation: I'm in! Surprisingly, the room looks… decent. Clean-ish. Let the bedding experiment begin! My Place ads are infamous for their incredibly soft blankets. So far, so good. The television looks ancient, but I'm not here to watch TV (says me, already staring at the damn thing). The important part: the bed. It’s calling to me. Soft, fluffy, oh so welcoming… I may or may not have just spent a good ten minutes doing the bouncy-jump on the mattress. Don't judge me, travel is hard, okay?

  • 2:00 PM - Snack Acquisition: Okay, so the "market" in the lobby is a sad assortment of microwaveable meals and chips. But there's a gas station across the street! Freedom! I wander over, get some gummy bears (essential for sanity), and maybe a questionable energy drink, you know, for the 'adventure'.

  • 3:00 PM - Sioux Falls? Really?: I decide that I'm now ready to be a tourist! I wander out into the -30-degree cold to make my way over to Sioux Falls itself. And, honestly? For a moment, it's kind of… gorgeous? The falls are, well, they're falls. And frozen. But still pretty darn cool. I take photos, nearly drop my phone into the water, and mentally congratulate myself for remembering a warm hat.

  • 5:00 PM - The Great American Pizza Adventure: The town is a bit empty. So I seek out the food! I order some pizza from a local place. Pizza. The comfort food of the weary traveler. Pizza is always a good idea. I ordered too much, of course. I’ll be eating pizza for the next three days.

  • 6:30 PM - Hotel Room Rebound: Back in the room, my feet are screaming at me. I crank up the heat, grab a good book, and contemplate the existential dread of another night in a hotel room. I wonder if they have a decent pillow… I mean, the bed is good, but the pillows… oh, the pillows! I'm seriously considering sneaking a pillow from the other empty bed. But I'm also a good person. Mostly.

  • 9:00 PM - Sleep Attempt: The bed calls to me. Lights out. The world fades away… until the air conditioning unit kicks in, sounding like a small jet engine. Nope. Not sleeping tonight.

Day 2: Falls, Food, and Frustration

  • 7:00 AM - Continental Quandary: Breakfast. Blech. The "continental breakfast." It has the usual suspects: sugary cereal that's essentially astronaut food, sad-looking bread, and coffee that tastes like despair. I grab a waffle and a banana. I could actually scream!

  • 8:00 AM - Falls Again: Okay, maybe I'll go to the falls again? I still haven't processed properly, must take more photos! I spend a glorious hour taking pictures. I wonder if the falls get boring for people. If they do, they are liars! The falls are amazing.

  • 10:00 AM - Searching for a Spark: I wander around town, hoping to find some hidden gem. Some quirky antique shop. A brewery. Something, anything, to break up the monotony of hotel life. I might have gotten lost.

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch Lament: More pizza. Seriously. I'm starting to feel like a pizza. My stomach is starting to feel the effects of the questionable cheese. Oh god, I've created a pizza.

  • 1:00 PM - Room Ramblings: I retreat to my room and… do nothing. Stare at the TV. Look out the window. Try to find something to feel. The day is going to feel long.

  • 3:00 PM - The Great Indoor Swimming Pool Debacle: My Place has a pool. My greatest fantasy. But wait, the pool is closed! The despair is real. This is a metaphor for my life, isn't it?

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Dilemma: More pizza. I've officially lost control of my diet. I need help. And I need a bigger pizza box to fit all of the tears.

  • 8:00 PM - Contemplating Cancellation: I almost cancel the rest of the trip. The allure of the hotel room is strong. However…. I continue. Because.

  • 10:00 PM - Sleep Attempt 2.0: Sleep. Finally. The air conditioning is still loud. But I'm tired. Real tired.

Day 3: Departure & The Final Verdict

  • 7:00 AM - Waffle Revival: Another breakfast buffet. I avoid everything but the waffles and the coffee. I need strength.

  • 8:00 AM - Check Out (Maybe With Tears): I have to get out of here. The adventure wasn't as amazing as I had hoped. But, it can't all be bad. I decide to leave.

  • 8:30 AM - The Long Drive Home: Goodbye, Sioux Falls! Goodbye, My Place! I'm heading for home. All is well. Mostly. It could have been worse.

  • Important Observations:

    • The elevators are slow. Like, excruciatingly slow.
    • The Wi-Fi is decent. But maybe sketchy.
    • The walls aren't completely soundproof. You will hear your neighbors. And I mean, everything.
    • The staff, bless their hearts, are trying their best.

Final Thoughts:

Look, My Place Hotel in Sioux Falls is not a five-star resort. It's a place to sleep, a place to hide from the world, a place to eat way too much pizza. It's imperfect, it's messy, and it's… human. And honestly? Sometimes, that's all you need.

Laredo's BEST Family Getaway: Garden Inn & Suites Awaits!

Book Now

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

Sioux Falls' "BEST" Hotel?! My Place Hotel Review: Buckle Up, Buttercup!

Okay, spill the tea! Is My Place Hotel in Sioux Falls really that good? Like, *best* good?

Alright, alright, settle down, you vultures! "Best"? Woof. That's a loaded word, isn't it? Let's just say... it *depends*. Depends on what you're looking for, what your budget looks like, and how much you value... well, a *certain* level of unexpected experiences. (Spoiler alert: lots of unexpected experiences. More on that later.) I went in with high hopes, you know? Sioux Falls, South Dakota? Sounds like frontier life, right? Cozy. Charming. Maybe a friendly bison wandering the halls... okay, maybe not the bison. But "My Place"? Sounds promising. And honestly, *some* of it was. But... let's just say the journey was... memorable. Gird your loins. We're diving in.

What were the *good* parts, you dramatic drama queen? Give me some sunshine!

Okay, okay, here's the sunshine! First off, the *room itself* was actually pretty decent. Clean-ish. (More on "ish" later). The bed? Actually comfy! I’m a notoriously picky sleeper – I need a cloud, not a mattress – and it did the trick. Bonus points: the kitchenette! Microwave, fridge, even a little cooktop. PERFECT for a late-night frozen pizza binge (which, let's be honest, is the REAL reason we stay in hotels, am I right?!). Also, and this is HUGE for someone who's driven from, like, Omaha (which, let’s be honest, is *also* a long drive), the staff were *super* friendly. Like, genuinely friendly. Not the fake, forced-smile kind. They seemed to actually *care* you were there. That goes a long way, especially after you've been wrestling with your luggage for an hour because you can't figure out the lobby door. (True story.)

Alright, alright. The "ish" parts. Let's get to the nitty-gritty. What were the *not-so-good* aspects?

Oh, honey, where do I even *begin*? Okay, let's start with the… let’s call it the “unique” aroma. Imagine a blend of cleaning solution, stale coffee, and… let's just say, a hint of "previous occupant." It wasn't overpowering, mind you. (Unless you are an overly sensitive, detail-oriented individual, like me. *Cough*). Then there's the location. It’s technically in Sioux Falls, yeah. But it's kind of… off the beaten path? Like, if you're looking for a vibrant downtown experience, you're gonna be doing a lot of driving. Or, you know, Uber-ing. (And in a town like Sioux Falls, you might just get a chatty driver. Which, you know, could be a perk… or your personal hell. Depends on your mood, sweetie!).

Okay, you mentioned "unexpected experiences." Elaborate, please! Please, please!

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?! Buckle up, because this is where it gets *wild*. So, picture this: it's late, like, ridiculously late. I'm finally settled in, popcorn popping, ready to veg out on the TV. When - BANG! Knock on the door. "Maintenance," a gruff voice growls. "Your air conditioning is leaking." LEAKING?! At 11 pm? The thing is, it was *not* leaking. It seemed like the whole thing was falling apart! I think I went into a weird fugue state. The maintenance guy, bless his heart, was *clearly* exhausted. He poked, he prodded, he muttered about "the usual issues" (red flag, people!), and finally declared the leak... fixed? I'm not sure the air conditioning was working before the whole thing. The episode ended with us agreeing that the leak had mysteriously ceased, but really, the next day the room was warm, no matter what the thermostat was, and the bathroom began to smell like a swamp. This was the first of my "unexpected experiences". A few days after that I had to call down about a clogged drain which was promptly resolved, but a few days after that? Well, I'll let you work it out. I'm not saying this is a *consistent* experience. I'm just saying... it happened. And it's a story I will be telling at dinner parties for the rest of my life.

What about the noise? Hotels are notorious for that.

Alright, noise levels. This is where things were *mostly* okay. The walls aren't paper-thin, which is a *huge* win. I mean, you could still hear a bit of the hallway hustle and bustle, the occasional slammed door (because, you know, people), and the *very* enthusiastic late-night conversations of the people next door. But nothing that kept me up all night. I'm a light sleeper, and even *I* survived. So, that's a plus. Though, during the swamp-esque episode I mentioned earlier, breathing also presented it's own set of challenges....

So, overall... would you stay there again? Give me the bottom line, please!

Okay, deep breath... would I stay there again? Honestly? *Maybe*. If I was on a budget and needed a place to crash, and I wasn't planning on spending a ton of time in the room, and I had accepted the inherent risk of adventure... then *maybe*. The potential for a good night's sleep, a mini-fridge, and a nice chat with the staff, still carry a certain allure. BUT I would go in with a full arsenal of earplugs, an emergency air freshener, and a healthy sense of humor. Because let's face it, you might just get a story out of it. And sometimes, that's worth more than a perfectly pristine room, right? Right?! (I think?) Final verdict: 3 out of 5 stars. Would recommend… *with reservations*.

Did you try the breakfast?!

Okay, here's the thing. I'm not a breakfast person, especially not the "hotel breakfast buffet" kind. Plus, the swamp situation put me off my appetite a bit... Let's just say the idea of questionable, processed food wasn't exactly top of my priority list after the air conditioning fiasco (which may or may not have involved mold). BUT I did see the setup! Continental, the usual suspects. Donuts, bagels, maybe some questionable scrambled eggs. (I did overhear someone say they made some really good waffles.) I'll leave the breakfast specifics to the truly brave souls. I, however, opted for instant oatmeal in my room.
The Stay Journey

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States

My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD Sioux Falls (SD) United States