Dickinson's BEST Kept Secret: My Place Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into Dickinson's BEST Kept Secret: My Place Hotel. Forget pristine, glossy reviews that smell of air freshener and corporate speak. This is the REAL DEAL, warts and all, because let's be honest, perfection is boring. And trust me, you'll either love this place or… well, at least you'll have a story.
My Place Hotel: Dickinson, ND - A Whirlwind of Worth It? (And Did I Mention the Pizza?)
SEO Keywords (Get that Google juice flowing!): My Place Hotel Dickinson, Dickinson North Dakota Hotels, Accessible Hotels Dickinson, North Dakota Hotels with Free Wi-Fi, Dickinson ND Spa Hotels, Pet-Friendly Hotels Dickinson, Hotels with Free Parking Dickinson, Dickinson Hotels with Breakfast, Hotels with Fitness Center Dickinson, Hotels Near Dickinson State University, My Place Hotel Reviews
First Impressions: The "Oh, It's Like THAT" Moment
Pulling up to My Place in Dickinson, ND, it wasn’t exactly the Ritz. More like… a very well-kept, slightly unassuming box. But hey, that's fine, right? I'm not lookin' for pretense, I'm lookin' for a safe, comfy spot to rest my weary bones. And, important sidenote, I had my trusty sidekick, Mr. Fluffernutter (my dog), in tow. Which is a HUGE win, because, listen, finding pet-friendly hotels in North Dakota is like finding a unicorn that delivers pizza. Speaking of…
(Accessibility - Let's Get Real)
Okay, let's talk beans. I didn't check for full wheelchair accessibility because, thankfully, I don't need it! But the lobby, elevators (YES, there's an elevator! Thank the heavens!), and general layout seemed pretty darn accessible. The staff was friendly, but I didn't see any specific accessible rooms at the online booking. That's a major caveat, gotta be honest. Important: if you or a loved one has specific accessibility needs, CALL THE HOTEL DIRECTLY. Don't take my word for it – verify! Google Maps also said it would be easy to visit other places with a wheelchair. If you're looking for an accessible vacation destination, My Place would probably be good for you and your loved ones.
(Internet: The Lifeline of the Modern Traveler… and Binge-Watching Enthusiast)
FREE WI-FI IN ALL ROOMS! HALLELUJAH! My soul did a little dance. And it was surprisingly decent. I’m talking Netflix streamed without buffering (mostly). No more agonizing over hotel Wi-Fi that crawls like a sloth on Valium. This is a biggie, folks. A REALLY biggie. You know how brutal it is to start your day with a bad connection. My Place's fast Wi-Fi is a huge win for the hotel.
(Cleanliness and Safety: Because Let's Not Get Sick)
In these crazy times, this is HUGE. My Place seemed to take things seriously. There were signs everywhere about their enhanced cleaning protocols. I saw staff wiping down everything, and while I didn't dissect the cleaning products with a microscope, the place felt… clean. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hand sanitizer stations everywhere? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Gotta trust 'em on that one, but sure, seemed legit. All made me feel safer during my trip.
(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Pizza Dreams and the Breakfast Odyssey)
Alright, here's where things get… interesting. My Place doesn’t have a full-blown restaurant. But there's a convenience store right in the lobby. And, hear me out, they have… PIZZA! Not gourmet, mind you. Think… college dorm-room pizza. But after a long day of… whatever you do in Dickinson (chasing tumbleweeds? I dunno!), a slice of warm, cheesy, slightly-doughy pizza is a surprisingly comforting experience. Pure comfort.
Then there was the breakfast. It’s a grab-and-go situation. Breakfast takeaway service is the name of the game. Think pre-packaged muffins, yogurt, instant oatmeal, and, bless their hearts, hard-boiled eggs. Honestly, it’s not the most exciting culinary experience on Earth. But it’s FREE. And it’s food. And it's better than nothing when you need to get going!
(The Room: My Cozy Fortress… and the Odd Smell That Wouldn't Quit)
The room itself was… adequate. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Double-check. Comfortable bed? Yep, slept like a log. Free bottled water? Yes, which is a nice touch. They weren't kidding with the extra long bed. I'm a pretty tall dude, and my feet didn't touch the end.
But here’s the honest truth: there was a faint… something. A smell. Like… air freshener fighting with… something else. Not horrible, not overwhelming, but it lingered. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe a ghost of prior guests? Or maybe the lingering scent of the pizza? Who knows? In the end, it didn't ruin my stay, but it was a minor imperfection.
(Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter)
Front desk [24-hour]? Excellent! Daily housekeeping? Very good. Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]? AMAZING! Free parking? Huge in a place like Dickinson. Laundry service? Ah, nope. Not here. Coin laundry? Yes, there's that. The elevator was absolutely critical. My stay was easy going which is a big win for the hotel. They accommodated me and Mr. Fluffernutter.
(Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Finding Your Inner Zen (Or Just a Place to Sit)
Okay, let's rewind to the big picture. They have a fitness center. I peeked in, it looked… functional. treadmills, weights, standard stuff. No pool, no spa, no sauna unless you build you own. So, if you're looking for a resort experience, this ain't it.
But honestly? Sometimes, all you need is a place to crash after a long day. And My Place provides that. It is great for relaxation.
(For the Kids: Not Exactly Kiddie Land)
They're family/child friendly which is good to know. They provide babysitting services, which is neat!. Kids meal is also available for the young ones!
(Pet-Friendly Paradise? (Almost))
My Place is pets allowed unavailablePets allowed! This is HUGE. So many hotels give you grief about your furry companions. My Place welcomes them, and that, my friends, is worth its weight in gold. Be prepared to pay a small fee. And remember to be a responsible pet owner – clean up after your buddy.
(Check-in/out [express]: Making it Easy)
I felt like the staff was super friendly and helpful during my stay. This made my check-in/out process fast and efficient. A win!
(Getting Around: Wheels Up (or Down, Depending on Your Style))
Airport transfer? Nope. Taxi service? Probably. Car park [free of charge]? YES! If you're driving (which you probably are in Dickinson), this is a major perk.
(The Verdict: The Best Kept Secret? Maybe Not, But Definitely a Solid Choice)
My Place Hotel in Dickinson isn't a five-star resort. It's not glamorous. It's not trying to be. It's a clean, comfortable, convenient place to stay. If you're looking for that, then it's a pretty darn good choice. The accessible features, free Wi-Fi, pet-friendliness, and free parking are huge pluses. The pizza? Well, let's just say it's a culinary experience that you won't forget.
The Score:
- Cleanliness: 8/10
- Comfort: 8/10
- Convenience: 9/10
- Friendliness: 9/10
- Pizza Factor: 7/10 (Hey, it’s pizza!)
- Overall: 8/10 - A solid choice.
Quirks and Imperfections:
- The lingering smell. (Seriously, what WAS that?)
- The grab-and-go breakfast. It's functional, but not fancy.
- No bells and whistles, but that's not what it's selling.
The Dickinson Deal You NEED to Snatch:
Here's the Pitch:
Tired of hotels that nickel-and-dime you for everything? Craving a comfortable, clean, and convenient stay without breaking the bank? Then My Place Hotel in Dickinson, ND, is calling your name!
Right now, get a minimum 15% discount on your stay when you book directly through their website and mention the code "PIZZA-PARTY"
But wait, there's MORE!
- Free Wi-Fi that'll keep you connected (and entertained).
- **Pet
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the wild, woolly, and possibly slightly-too-much-coffee-fueled adventure that is… my stay at the My Place Hotel in Dickinson, North Dakota. Dickinson! Sounds thrilling, right? Just kidding. Kinda.
Day 1: Prairie Dreams (and Maybe a Nightmare)
1:00 PM: Arrival and the Great Hotel Hunt. Okay, so first things first: finding the damn hotel. GPS, bless its technological heart, led me on a merry chase around Dickinson. Turns out the My Place is tucked away, a beacon of beige in a sea of… vastness. The parking lot? Already looking a little…occupied. Lots of work trucks. Should've known.
1:15 PM: Check-In: Bless Her Heart. The front desk lady, Brenda, was an absolute doll. So sweet. Overenthusiastic, maybe a little bit. "Welcome to Dickinson! Are you EXCITED to be here?!" Uh, Brenda… Let's just say my excitement level was hovering around lukewarm after a six-hour drive.
- Anecdote:* Tried to be funny, "Is it going to be as exciting as the last time?" she didn't know what I was talking about. Probably a good thing.
1:30 PM: The Room Reveal (And a Mild Panic Attack). Okay, here it is. The room. Clean. Not too small. Standard hotel fare. Except… there's a peculiar smell. Not BO, not stale smoke, but… plastic? Brand-new plastic, mixed with a hint of… something vaguely chemical. Is this a sign? Am I doomed?
- Emotional Reaction: Okay, deep breaths. It's just a room. You can handle this. (Narrator: She cannot handle this.)
2:00 PM: The Great Quest for Food. Dickinson. Population: Enough. Restaurants: Fewer. Went to a diner. Ate a burger. It was fine. Nothing to write home about. Actually, maybe that's the point. The emptiness of the North Dakota sky matches the emptiness of my soul after that burger.
- Quirky Observation: The only other people in the diner were a group of extremely weathered men, all wearing similar work boots and ball caps. I bet they know things. Important things. Like where to find a decent steak in this town.
7:00 PM: Netflix and Numbness. Settled in. Netflix. Attempting to escape the room smell.
Day 2: The Badlands Beckon (Maybe)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast: The Promised Land of Oatmeal. My Place, bless their hearts, offers a "breakfast bar." Oatmeal. It's oatmeal. The kind that comes out of a packet. Fine. Edible. Fuel. (I need fuel. Lots of fuel.)
- 9:00 AM: Decision Fatigue and the Great Badlands Dilemma. Okay, the Badlands are like… right there. Literally. But the drive? It's a drive. And the thought of driving further than I already have just… doesn't do it for me.
- Messier Structure and Rambles: Okay, okay. So, this is the problem with travel, isn't it? The constant weighing of options. The internal debate. "Should I? Shouldn't I? Will I regret it?" Argh!
- *Opinionated Language: *Look, I signed up for this. I want to embrace the adventure. But sometimes, adventure looks like staying in my room and watching reruns of "Forensic Files." Don't @ me.
- 9:30 AM: Second Breakfast (The Emergency Kind). Packets of instant oatmeal, and a questionable apple. I need more sustenance.
- 10:00 AM: The Room: A Deeper Dive Into the Smell. The plastic smell is persistent. It's… haunting. Like the ghost of a newly-manufactured Tupperware container has decided to haunt me.
- Emotional Reaction: Okay, I'm going to say it. I hate this room. It's not the worst room in the world, but it's just… off. I miss my bed. I miss my cat. I miss the faint smell of my own life.
- 11:00 AM: Attempted Badlands. I drove. Briefly. The wind. The vastness. The emptiness. Nope. Turned around. Too much, too soon. Plus, I’d forgotten my sunglasses.
- 1:00 PM: The Dickinson Galleria: A Place to Kill Time(Slightly, Morbidly). I'm so bored, I'm willing to attempt going to the Dickinson Galleria. A mall. In North Dakota. What could possibly go wrong? (Narrator: Everything.)
- 2:00 PM: The Dickinson Galleria: Actually Nothing Went wrong. They surprisingly had a good bookstore in the mall, and I bought a book.
- 4:00 PM: Bedtime. A premature return to my room. I'm tired. I'm cranky. I'm the "everything is worse than it seems" kind of person.
Day 3: The Great Escape (Or, at Least, Departure)
- 8:00 AM: The Oatmeal Requiem: A Final Goodbye. One last packet. This time, I add some of the terrible instant coffee. It's a fitting farewell to the breakfasts from the hotel.
- 8:30 AM: Brenda's Farewell. An emotional goodbye Brenda asks if I enjoyed my time. Told her it was great, and to keep smiling.
- 9:00 AM: The Escape: Freedom from Dickinson! Okay, I'm out. Sweet, sweet freedom. This hotel? Never again.
- 9:30 AM: Driving to the next hotel. The drive continues.
- 10:00 AM: Final thoughts on the My Place Hotel. Emotional Reaction: I would not recommend it, there are better hotels
Final Thoughts:
Listen, the My Place Hotel in Dickinson, ND? It was a place. It housed me. It had a bed. Clean sheets. It didn't kill me. So, on a basic level, mission accomplished. But that plastic smell? The vast sense of… loneliness? It lingers. I'll need therapy. Or maybe just a really, really good vacation.
Would I do it again? No. Not unless I'm being held at gunpoint. But hey, at least I have a story to tell. And that, my friends, is the beauty of travel. Even when it's a little…off.
Uncover Kefalonia's Hidden Gem: Villa Iokasti Awaits!Dickinson's BEST Kept Secret: My Place Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!) - FAQ's & Ramblings!
Okay, spill it! What's the big deal about My Place Hotel in Dickinson? Why should *I* care?
Alright, alright, settle down! Look, Dickinson, North Dakota, isn't exactly known for luxury. It's oil country, right? Rough and tumble. So, finding a hotel that's actually... *pleasant*... feels like stumbling upon a gold nugget. My Place? It's kind of a haven. It's clean, seriously clean. And for me personally? After a 12-hour drive, the thought of actual civilization was the biggest motivator. So there you go, you should care because tired travelers deserve something more than a flickering neon sign and questionable carpet stains. (Seriously, the carpet...more on that later.)
Is it really a "best kept secret"? It's a hotel, not the Ark of the Covenant!
Okay, "secret" might be a *slight* exaggeration. But in a town where options are... well, limited, it feels like a secret discovered. It's not like it's plastered all over travel blogs, ya know? Finding good value and decent accommodations at a reasonable price is a feat in itself. It's more like... a well-kept *whisper* amongst weary road-trippers. Trust me, I heard it from a waitress who'd seen a lot of hotels, and she said, *“My Place is your best bet.”* And she was right.
What makes it "good"? Give me specifics! I need proof!
Okay, here's the lowdown: First, the rooms are surprisingly spacious. It felt like I could actually *breathe*! (A big deal after being cooped up with my dog in a car for a day.) The beds were actually comfortable – not the rock-hard, spine-destroying nightmares you often find in budget motels. The staff? Friendly. Not fake-friendly, but genuinely helpful. I remember once I forgot my phone charger (the absolute worst!), and the front desk person hunted one down for me. A lifesaver! Plus, each room has a good-sized fridge and a microwave, perfect for leftovers or a midnight snack! Okay, and maybe a slightly generous amount of free shampoo and conditioner (love it, I always forget them!).
Describe the *ambiance*. I need to *feel* it.
Hmm, ambiance... It's not the Ritz, okay? It's not shimmering chandeliers and velvet ropes. But it's... functional comfort. Think: clean lines, well-lit hallways, a faint smell of cleaning products (a good thing, trust me!). It's designed for practicality, for resting after a long day. It has an air of calm, which is frankly, heavenly after hours on the road. I felt a sense of relief when I walked in—like the weight of travel had been lifted, even if just for a night. The place just makes you breathe, which is worth *gold* to me. The breakfast area is functional.. but the coffee is actually pretty good. Okay, the free coffee is *vital*.
Okay, there has to be a catch. What's the *bad* part? Don't sugarcoat it!
Alright, alright, the bad. Okay, the breakfast. It's the usual: waffles (with batter that's often a bit thick), pre-packaged pastries, and cereal. Think quality control could be better. Nothing to write home about, but I'm not looking for gourmet, so I powered through. (Seriously, the waffles, sometimes… yikes.) And this is a smaller thing, and really nit-picky, but the TV channels are a little limited. After a long drive, sometimes you just want to veg out and watch some trash TV. The selection… left a little to be desired. Honestly though, I was tired, so I fell asleep anyway.
What about the location? Is it convenient?
The location is pretty decent! It's not *right* in the middle of downtown (is there even really a "downtown" in Dickinson? I'm not sure!), but it's close to the main roads and easy to find. There's a gas station and a few fast-food options nearby. Easy access is always a win in my book, especially when you're just trying to get back on the road. And no, I didn't see any meth labs. That's always a win, too.
The carpet! You mentioned the carpet. What's the deal?!
Okay, the carpet. This is where it gets… personal. Let me paint you a picture: I'd been driving for hours. Miles and miles of nothingness. Arrived at the hotel, completely wrecked. Dragged my suitcase into the room, dropped it. That carpet… It wasn't *dirty*. Not in that obvious, "avoid touching it" way. It was just… *old*. Like, seen-a-lot-of-boots, spilled-coffee-and-who-knows-what-else-carpet. The pattern was busy, maybe to hide the inevitable stains? It just felt…worn. But then, I took a deep breath, remembered the clean sheets, the real-ish coffee, and mentally shrugged. It's a small thing, and honestly, it's probably just me and my overly analytical brain, but it stuck with me! It wasn't a dealbreaker, but it definitely wasn't a highlight. But you know what? The bed was clean, I fell asleep fast, and it really wasn't all that bad. But still... *that carpet*...
Would you stay there again? Seriously.
100%, YES. Absolutely. Without a doubt. Absolutely. Listen, I'm not looking for perfection. I'm looking for a clean, comfortable place to crash after a long drive. My Place in Dickinson ticks those boxes. It's not glamorous, but it's honest. It's a solid, reliable choice. And after battling the elements, the endless highway, you need reliable. And honestly? The price is right! I'd go back in a heartbeat. Plus, I am ready to test the waffle situation again. For science, of course! And to see if that carpet is still there.
Final Verdict? Sum it up in a sentence (or three!).
My Place Hotel in Dickinson is a solid choice, especially if you're road-tripping or need a decent place to stay in this part of North Dakota. It's clean, the staff is friendly, and the beds are comfy. Just lower your expectations a bit for the breakfast and try to avoid staring at the carpet for too long... you know... because of the carpetWorld Wide Inns