Escape to Utah's Best-Kept Secret: My Place Hotel Salt Lake City!
Okay, buckle up, Buttercups! Because we're diving headfirst into the "Best-Kept Secret" – My Place Hotel Salt Lake City! And let me tell you, after sifting through all the details, I have some thoughts.
SEO-tastic Overview (Before My Rant Begins!)
Alright, so, if you're looking for a solid basecamp in SLC, specifically one that's wheelchair accessible and offers a boatload of amenities, My Place Hotel Salt Lake City probably needs to be on your radar. They’re definitely aiming for the "convenience and comfort" crowd. Let's break it down, focusing on what really matters and what's… well, less important. I'm going to sprinkle some SEO keywords throughout, because, you know, gotta help people find this place!
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)
Okay, let’s be honest: Accessibility is a HUGE deal. And let's be even more honest: sometimes hotel websites lie. But here's the lowdown, based on the hotel's claims and what I could gather: They state they offer facilities for disabled guests, and are generally wheelchair accessible, which is a fantastic starting point. This My Place Hotel Salt Lake City is aiming to accommodate. Always, ALWAYS confirm specific needs with the hotel directly, because "accessible" means different things to different people. They also seem to have an elevator. A big plus! Now, on the downside – there isn't a ton of concrete information about specific room features. Fingers crossed for good, accessible bathrooms.
Rooms: Clean and Functional, Probably (But Let's Get Real)
The room descriptions are… predictable. You get your air conditioning, blackout curtains (thank goodness!), a coffee/tea maker, free Wi-Fi (essential!), a desk, and a private bathroom. They emphasize non-smoking rooms, which is pretty standard. The extra-long beds are a nice touch for us tall folks. They also mention soundproofing, which, let's pray to the hotel gods is actually true! The refrigerator is a lifesaver. And you can always get wake-up service. But the real question is: how comfortable are they? The website doesn’t scream "luxury."
On-Site Accessibility & Dining/Drinking: Let's Eat! (Or Not?)
This is where things get a little… thin. There's no mention of on-site restaurants or lounges. This means you'll be relying on the room service [24-hour] or exploring the surrounding area for grub. They do have a convenience store, so good for snacks like Doritos.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe-ish?
They're going the extra mile with anti-viral cleaning products, hygiene certification, hand sanitizer everywhere, and daily disinfection in common areas. They use professional-grade sanitizing services, rooms are sanitized between stays, and there's no room sanitization opt-out available, which makes sense in this day and age. The staff is, supposedly, trained in safety protocol. Let me tell you, it's reassuring to see how they are taking safety/security feature seriously. They also have a first aid kit, which is always a good idea.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Bring Snacks!
Okay, so this is where the plot thickens. There's a breakfast [buffet]… in the form of a breakfast takeaway service. That says what you need to know. There's a coffee shop, but that’s it. No restaurants listed. No bars. So, plan accordingly! Stock up the fridge.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the Meh
This is where you get a bit of everything, including air conditioning in public area, a concierge, and daily housekeeping. They have cash withdrawal, and laundry service. Luggage storage is always a plus! They offer car park [free of charge], a massive bonus for us budget travelers.
For the Kids:
They're family/child friendly, but that's the extent of it. Don’t expect a kid's club or a playground.
Getting Around:
They have a taxi service, and car park [free of charge].
Now, The Real Honest Truth (My Actual Feelings, Unfiltered!)
Okay, so I've been doing some research. My Place Hotel Salt Lake City is fine. It's the kind of place you stay when you need a clean room, a decent price, and a functional basecamp. Don't come expecting a spa day, a poolside bar, or a Michelin-starred meal. Come expecting a clean, straightforward stay.
My Personal My-Place Moment: The Breakfast Debacle (A True Story, I Swear!)
Okay, so I love breakfast. Like, REALLY love it. Especially on vacation. So, the "breakfast takeaway service" REALLY had me wondering. I pictured the tiny paper bag containing a muffin. The description says "buffet.” The reality, my friends, was a far cry from a grand buffet. It was sad. Don’t get your hopes up about that.
Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions (Because We're Human!)
I have to admit, the lack of on-site dining makes me a little sad. I love a good hotel bar! I also love the accessibility, but I wish they'd give us more details on it.
The Bottom Line: Is Escape to Utah's Best-Kept Secret Worth It?
For the right traveler, YES! It's probably PERFECT if you need a basecamp, are on a budget, and need accessible options. The car park [free of charge] is a HUGE plus. If you crave luxury or on-site amenities, this ain't it.
(SEO Note: If you need a "budget hotel salt lake city" or "accessible hotel utah," this might be your place!)
Escape to Utah's Best-Kept Secret: My Place Hotel Salt Lake City! - My Unconventional Offer (Because Everyone Loves a Deal!)
Are you a solo adventurer, a family on the go or someone who appreciates convenience and accessibility? Then My Place Hotel in Salt Lake City could be your next adventure! With free parking, clean rooms, and an accommodating staff, you'll have everything you need to explore this dynamic city!
Here's the deal for the month of November:
- Book a 2-night stay, get a free snack or bottle of water!
- Book a 3-night stay, and get an additional 10% off and a voucher to a local eatery!
- And let's be honest, It's a good starting point for your Utah adventures!
- Use promo code "ADVENTURETIME" when you book!
Don't wait! This deal won't last forever! Book your stay at My Place Hotel Salt Lake City today and uncover the hidden gems of Salt Lake City, worry-free!
(SEO: So book a room today and don't miss out! This is a good way to "book hotel salt lake city".)
Luxury London Getaway: Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross Awaits!Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… well, this is my version of attempting to conquer Salt Lake City while using My Place Hotel in West Valley City as my anchor. And let’s be honest, the anchor is probably going to be a little… wobbly.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Unpacking Caper
1:00 PM - Arrival at My Place Hotel, West Valley City. Okay, first impressions. It's… clean. Surprisingly clean. Which is a good start. The lobby smells vaguely of disinfectant, which, again, not complaining. It's not like I was expecting a five-star resort with a harpist. Just a bed that doesn't (hopefully) have bed bugs.
- Anecdote: Immediately upon checking in, I tripped over my own suitcase. Dignified. I’m just brimming with it.
1:30 PM - The Unpacking Saga. This is the crucial moment. The ritual. The deep dive into the abyss of the travel bag. Let's be real, I overpacked. Per usual. I mean, you never know when you might need a sequined gown in the middle of Utah.
- Observation: The room is…smaller than I anticipated. I think I could touch both walls simultaneously if I outstretched my arms. This is going to be cozy. Really cozy.
2:00 PM - Snack Procurement. I live on snacks. It’s a survival strategy. Gotta locate the nearest grocery store, because a girl needs Cheez-Its and… well, maybe some fruit to pretend I’m healthy.
- Rant: Okay, the grocery store was a nightmare. Everything’s so BIG in America. Like, the cereal boxes are practically family-sized. I feel like I need a forklift to move some of these things!
3:00 PM - Settling In (Attempted). Unpacked (mostly), snacks acquired, and… the TV remote is a mystery. Seriously, why are there so many buttons?! I swear, I'm going to spend an hour just trying to figure out how to turn the darn thing on.
- Emotional Reaction: I am starting to feel a little… overwhelmed. The travel, the unpacking, the sheer bigness of everything… I miss my cat.
4:00 PM - Exploring the Immediate Surroundings. I need air. Fresh air. Even if it's just the air around this hotel. Gotta scope out the landscape. See what my surroundings are like.
5:00 PM - Dinner Dilemma. Where to eat? I'm starving. Should I just go for fast food? Or be adventurous? Decision paralysis setting in…
- Rambling: Maybe I should try a local spot… but what if it's gross? What if the service is terrible? What if I spill something on myself? What if I accidentally offend someone with my terrible small talk?! Ugh. The internal anxieties are strong today.
6:00 PM - Dinner…Attempted. Decided to be brave. Found a diner, and the staff was incredible. A friendly waitress who called me, "honey" and I got a giant burger.
7:30 PM - Back to the Room. Honestly, I'm already exhausted. Early night? Maybe. Or maybe just collapsing on the bed and binge-watching something mindless on that infernal TV.
- Opinion: This bed is really calling my name.
Day 2: Salt Lake City Shenanigans and the Great Temple Square Incident
9:00 AM - Wake up and Attempt Breakfast. Well, there's complimentary breakfast at the hotel but what do I even expect? I grab some toast.
10:00 AM - Journey to Salt Lake City. The real adventure begins! Driving into the city. Okay, the traffic's not great.
- Quirky Observation: Everyone here seems to be driving a truck. Is there a truck convention I didn't know about?
11:00 AM - Temple Square Visit. This is THE thing to do, right? I went in and… honestly, it was beautiful. The Tabernacle was impressive.
- Emotional Reaction: Feeling a bit awestruck by the architecture. Very peaceful. The history of this city is intense.
- Great Temple Square Incident: I was wandering around, admiring the tulips, and I tripped. Right in front of a group of… very polite, very well-dressed tourists. I did the whole flail-and-catch-myself-at-the-last-minute-while-muttering-an-apology thing. Mortifying. I swear, I'm a disaster magnet.
1:00 PM - Lunchtime in Salt Lake City. The food scene is really interesting though. I found a fantastic little spot with a vegetarian plate.
2:30 PM - Exploring Downtown (Attempted). The city layout is confusing. I got a little lost.
- Opinion: The downtown area feels a bit…sterile? Maybe I'm used to things being a little grittier. Or maybe I’m just hungry again.
4:00 PM - Coffee Rescue and the Art Museum. Caffeine is key. The coffee was great, and the art museum was a lovely change of pace.
6:00 PM - Heading back to the hotel. Feeling tired and a little overwhelmed.
7:00 PM - Dinner Back in West Valley City. I'm feeling anti-social and staying in.
- Messier Structure: Ordering pizza, and probably watching terrible reality TV. Comfort food and comfort chaos.
8:00 PM - Late Night.
- Rant: I was just trying to watch television, and my neighbor started playing loud music. Why did I even bother leaving my house for the past couple of days?
Day 3: Epilogue (and Escape)
- 9:00 AM - Goodbye. Pack up and head to the airport.
- Opinion: I guess I'll come back. The scenery has been beautiful. I will definitely take another shot at an adventure trip, once I have more time to plan.
- Final Rambling: I’m tired. I’m slightly bruised. I’m missing my cat. But… I survived. Salt Lake City, you were… something. And honestly, that's probably exactly what I needed.
My Place Hotel Salt Lake City: FAQs... Because, Let's Be Real, You Have Questions. (And I Have Answers... Maybe.)
Okay, So... What *IS* "My Place" Anyway? Like, Is It Actually a Place?
Ugh, good question. It's a *hotel*. Duh! But "My Place"… sounds cozy, right? More like "My Somewhat Comfortable Stays." Look, I've been there. (Salt Lake City, not "My Place" in the abstract sense. Although, maybe in my dreams...) It's kinda like a slightly upgraded extended-stay place, perfect for a ski trip gone awry (mine, specifically. More on that later). Think mini-kitchen in your room... which is a *godsend* if you're like me and subsist on ramen and questionable snacks.
Are the Rooms Actually... Clean? Because I'm a Germaphobe. (No Judgement.)
Alright, let's address the elephant in the room (pun intended, I hope they clean those too). Cleanliness? It *is* a hotel, remember? So, you *hope* it's clean. My personal experience? Okay, FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not a germaphobe... unless I find, like, one errant hair that *isn't* mine. Then I'm practically scrubbing the place down with bleach. My Place was...mostly clean. Let's just say I didn't feel the *need* to unpack my hazmat suit. There *was* a slight… lingering scent of… something. It wasn't *dirty*, per se. Just...seasoned. Think of it as "character." Maybe I'm being too generous? See above. If you have a deep-seated fear of EVERYTHING… maybe pack extra Lysol. Or just bring your own hotel room. Which, honestly, I've considered.
What's the Deal with the Kitchenette? Is It Actually Usable?
The kitchenette! Okay, this is a game-changer, REALLY. You get a fridge (which, let's face it, is where 90% of my travel calories come from), a microwave, and a stovetop. Now, I'm no gourmet chef. I mostly use the microwave for reheating questionable leftovers (again, see ski trip). But, it's great. You can actually make, like, eggs! Or at least try. (I set off the smoke alarm doing that. Oops.) The fridge saved my bacon (literally, I had bacon.) because, let's face it: eating out three meals a day is expensive, and boring AF. Plus, I can attest that the coffee maker… well, it makes coffee. It got me going in the mornings, and sometimes that's all that matters. Just, you know, don't expect Michelin-star quality. Expect… edible.
Is There Free Breakfast? Because, Free Food!
Uh, no. Sorry to disappoint. Free, delicious, pancake-filled breakfasts are not really their thing. You get *coffee*, the kind where you're not *entirely* sure what's in it. And maybe some pre-packaged pastries that taste suspiciously like cardboard (don't worry, you can add butter to them to mask the cardboard taste). Look, I'm not going to lie, it's a letdown if you're expecting a buffet. But, hey, you've got that snazzy kitchenette, right? Load up on cereal, and start the day with that.
What About Parking? Is it a Nightmare?
Parking? Ah, yes, the age-old travel dilemma. My Place... they actually *do* have parking. It's free, which is fantastic. HOWEVER... during peak times (like when all the out-of-towners are hitting the slopes... GUILTY), it can fill up. It's not the worst I've seen, but you might have to circle a few times, hoping someone's checking out. Or, if you're really unlucky, you could end up parking a mile away. (Hypothetically. Not that I'm speaking from experience. *cough*). Best advice? Get there early, or Uber/Lyft if you don't wanna risk it. Also, always check your car for snow... I may have left mine buried under a mountain of powdery stuff. Again, not me. Someone else.
Okay, The Location. Is It Actually "Escape to Utah's Best-Kept Secret"-Worthy? Or Just... There?
Alright, let's be honest. "Best-kept secret"? That's marketing speak. It's not like it's hidden behind a secret waterfall guarded by magical unicorns. However, it's pretty well located. It's definitely not *in* the thick of downtown craziness, which can be a bonus if you're like me and value a little peace and quiet. It's relatively easy to get to the ski resorts, right? Except, for the day I went skiing, which involved a series of wrong turns and a near-death experience on an icy road. (Okay, dramatic, but scary!). The point is, it's *doable*. You can get to the mountains, you can get to restaurants... you can get to... well, everything. It's not *perfect* - you're not staying in a fairy tale. But, the location gets a solid "good".
Anything Else I Should Know? Like, hidden fees or weird quirks?
HMMMM. Hidden fees? I think they're pretty upfront about the fees. Except… I think I might have accidentally blown a fuse in my first room trying to run the hair dryer and the microwave at the same time. (Don't judge; a girl needs a hairdryer!). I may or may not have paid a small "oops, that happens" fee. Weird quirks... the elevator was a little slow, like… turtle slow. But it worked! Also, the walls… they aren't soundproof. So, if you're hoping for *complete* silence, bring earplugs. And maybe a hazmat suit. Just kidding. (Mostly.) Oh! And the staff? They were friendly enough. Not overly bubbly or, you know, *intrusively* friendly. They left you alone, pretty much. Which, for me, is a win.
Would You, Personally, Stay There Again? The Verdict, Please!
Okay, the BIG question. The grand finale! The verdict… It’s not the Four Seasons. Let's just establish that. Remember that ski trip I mentioned? (It's becoming painful just recalling it. I'm traumatized.) The price was right. The kitchenette was a lifesaver. The location…Ocean View Inn