Escape to Paradise: Artemis Hotel Amarynthos, Evia - Your Greek Dream Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the slightly chaotic, absolutely glorious world of the Artemis Hotel Amarynthos in Evia, Greece. Forget the polished travel brochures; I'm here to tell you the REAL deal, warts and all, in a review that's as Greek as… well, as a plate of dolmades left out in the sun for a few hours (in a good way, I promise!).
Escape to Paradise: Artemis Hotel Amarynthos - Your Greek Dream Awaits! (…Maybe…Depends on Your Definition of "Dream")
Right, let's get this straight: this isn't your cookie-cutter, sterile hotel experience. The Artemis has character. That’s code for “it’s not perfect,” but honestly, that’s part of its charm. This review is gonna be a wild mix – expect some gushing, some grumbling, and a whole lot of truth-telling.
First Impressions & "Accessibility" (Or, The Elevator Saga)
Okay, first things first: Accessibility. This is where things get… interesting. The website says "facilities for disabled guests," which, yeah, technically true. There's an elevator! Hallelujah! But the elevator, my friends, is a story unto itself. It’s like the grumpy old uncle of elevators – slow, temperamental, sometimes randomly refuses to go to the floor you want. So, if you're severely mobility-challenged, call ahead and get the lowdown before you book to ensure they can cater for your needs, I mean it. The hotel does seem to try - the staff is genuinely warm and helpful, which is a huge plus in itself. Outside of the elevator, there’s the usual stuff, ramps, etc. But that lift… that’s what you need to investigate.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized Kitchens & the Phantom Hand Sanitizer
Look, especially in these crazy times, cleanliness is HUGE. The Artemis scores pretty well here. They’re obviously trying. I saw anti-viral cleaning products being used, and there was hand sanitizer somewhere. The rooms were sanitized between stays, and they're advertising daily disinfection in common areas. They're doing the right thing. But… the phantom hand sanitizer… sometimes I saw, sometimes I didn't. I'm guessing it's a minor supply issue. But I’m not gonna lie, I was constantly reaching for my own little bottle. Hygiene certification too, which is a good sign, but I'd still keep that personal hand sanitizer handy just in case. They also claim a Safe dining setup and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: I never got ill, so I’ll take that as a win.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: From Buffet Battles to Poolside Paradise
Okay, the food! This is where the Artemis really shines, and also where it occasionally… stumbles.
- Breakfast: The breakfast buffet is a must-do. It's a slightly chaotic affair, with more people grabbing and pushing than a Black Friday sale, but the food is decent! I'm talking the usual stuff: pastries, some (admittedly amazing) Greek yogurt, the infamous Asian breakfast (it’s a thing, trust me). If you're craving a proper western brekkie with bacon and poached eggs, you're in luck. The buffet in the restaurant is a bit crowded during peak hours but offers plenty of variety to choose from.
- Lunch & Dinner: Here, you have options: Restaurants, an A la carte in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, and a Snack bar. I loved the Poolside bar. Think: sunset, a cocktail, the gentle lapping of the sea… pure bliss. The restaurants offer both International and Western cuisines which will satisfy most tastes.
- The Restaurant's Quirky Charm: The restaurant is amazing. Try the tzatziki! (essential condiments available). The menu lists food items. I also recall a delightful incident involving what seemed like a slightly overenthusiastic waiter, a plate of grilled octopus, and a near-miss involving my new white shirt. I can't tell you how that happened, the waiter didn't speak much English! But he brought us the octopus. Which was amazing. The point? It's all part of the experience!
- Vegetarian Restaurant Yes, they offer vegetarian dishes! But if you really need something special, the best bet is Alternative meal arrangement.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams & Gym Disasters
Ah, the relaxation! Here's the deal: this place could do with better maintenance.
- Spa/sauna: Yes, there's a Spa. It's okay. Nothing to write home about. It's a bit basic. Though, I did indulge in a Body scrub. The Body wrap was pretty good. I did enjoy massage, so top marks for that!
- Swimming Pool: The Swimming pool [outdoor] is lovely! The Pool with view is gorgeous. Spent hours in the pool.
- Fitness Center: The Fitness center? Let's just say it's… well, let's just say it's present. The Gym/fitness experience was slightly awkward though. It needed a little TLC.
- More Relaxation: The Steamroom and Foot bath were a nice touch.
Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms (Mostly!)
My room? Pretty darned good. Air conditioning: Thank God. Wi-Fi [free] was a blessing (in most areas, though I did have issues in the more remote corners). The bed itself was comfy, and the blackout curtains were clutch for those lie-ins. They offer Non-smoking rooms. Additional toilet, I didn’t get, but I didn’t need it.
- Amenities: They offer everything: Hair dryer, Mini bar, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea,
- The Annoying Bits: This is where some of the imperfections start creeping in. The internet access – wireless was a bit spotty. The safe box (safety/security feature) was an excellent peace of mind.
Services and Conveniences: Concierge Chaos & the Luggage-Storage Lottery
- Concierge: Okay, the Concierge… Sometimes they're helpful. Sometimes they're… well, they're trying. It's a bit hit-or-miss. Embrace the chaos!
- Food: They offer Food delivery: a lifesaver when you're feeling lazy.
- Daily housekeeping was faultless!
- For the Kids: Babysitting service & Family-friendly This is a very family-friendly hotel, which is a major plus.
Getting Around – The Journey In and Out…
- Airport transfer: Brilliant. Honestly, get it. It's a lifesaver.
- Car park [free of charge], Very useful, and car park [on-site].
The Verdict & The Big Sell: Forget the Filter, Embrace the Aegean!
Okay, so the Artemis Hotel Amarynthos isn't perfect. It's got its quirks, its slightly chaotic moments, and its elevator dramas. But… that’s part of its charm.
Here's the deal, my friends: Book this hotel IF you're looking for:
- A truly relaxing escape from the everyday, with stunning views and that amazing sea.
- A place that feels Greek, not a sterile hotel chain.
- Delicious food, whether it's a simple snack or a fancy dinner.
- A hotel where the staff genuinely care (even if the Wi-Fi is a bit flaky).
Don't book this hotel if…
- You need everything to be flawless, precise, and perfectly organized.
- You’re only interested in a luxury experience.
SEO-Friendly Call to Action (And Maybe a Little More Chaos):
Ready to trade the ordinary for something extraordinary? Escape to Paradise: Artemis Hotel Amarynthos, Evia - Your Greek Dream Awaits!
Get ready for unforgettable experiences. Click here to book your escape now!
(P.S. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to see the sunset from the Poolside Bar. And it’ll be worth every single slightly-wonky moment. Trust me.)
Uncover Cebu's Hidden Paradise: Serenity at Horizon Awaits!Artemis Hotel Amarynthos: My Slightly-Off-Kilter Greek Getaway (A Messy Itinerary)
Okay, so here's the deal. I, like, officially needed a vacation. Brain fried, soul depleted, the whole shebang. Greece was calling, specifically the Artemis Hotel in Amarynthos, Evia. Don't ask why Evia, I just felt it. And buckle up, because this isn't your perfectly curated travel blogger's itinerary. This is me, in Greece, warts and all.
Day 1: Arrival & The Existential Crisis of Beach Lounging
Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Flew into Athens. The flight was delayed, naturally. Spent an hour glued to a wobbly airport chair, simultaneously praying I'd packed enough sunscreen and mentally composing scathing emails about my inbox. Made it though! Picked up a rental car (more on THAT later).
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): The drive to Amarynthos. Beautiful! Utterly breathtaking! Me, sweating, white-knuckling the steering wheel, dodging scooters like they were sentient kamikaze pilots. Google Maps kept trying to send me on dirt tracks. Minor panic attack. Eventually arrived, sweaty, slightly traumatized, but alive, at the Artemis. First impression? Gorgeous. Seriously. Bougainvillea everywhere, that salty sea air… Pure bliss.
Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Whenever I Pass Out): Checked in. Room wasn't exactly what I expected (it was a little… less "ocean view, balcony" and a little more "parking lot adjacent"). Oh well. Tried to channel my inner beach bum. Settled onto a sun lounger. Struggled. Like, REALLY struggled. Suddenly, the inherent absurdity of lying motionless in the sun, baking like a rotisserie chicken, hit me hard. Cue the existential crisis. Felt the sudden urge to write a novel about the tragic lives of beach towels. Ended up people-watching, judging (in my head, mostly), and getting a stellar tan line on my nose because I fell asleep. Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Delicious grilled octopus, though I may have accidentally swallowed a tentacle. Just a small one.
Day 2: Evia's Hidden Treasures & the Great Olive Oil Debacle
Morning (8:00 AM- 12:00 PM): Okay, so I’d had a plan: Exploring Amarynthos first and Evia's charming villages. Didn't happen. Slept in. Needed it. But finally managed to drag myself out and rented a bike! (Because why not, right?) Rode along, and saw some really gorgeous houses, the blue everywhere just hits different and some quiet beaches.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Headed out to try a nearby taverna - I forget the name, but it's along the waterfront. The Greek Salad. Oh. My. God. Simple, perfect, bursting with flavor. Suddenly, my entire life's culinary experience felt like a lie. Followed that up with fresh fish. Spent a solid hour just staring out at the sea, feeling utterly content. That's the good stuff.
Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Whenever the Sun Sets and I'm Safely Back in My Room): This is where things get interesting… and oil-y. I signed up for an olive oil tasting experience! Sounded… intriguing. Ended up standing in front of a table of olive oil samples. The instructor, a very enthusiastic local gentleman named Dimitri, explained the nuances of sniffing, swirling, and slurping. Swallowed way too much. Started coughing. Dimitri was concerned. He kept saying "You must not rush it, my friend!" I was practically hyperventilating. Now, to be completely honest, I couldn't tell a difference between the oils. Maybe I'm a Philistine, or maybe my taste buds needed a full-blown cleanse. After the tasting? I bought ALL the olive oil. Dimitri looked so happy. I'm now the proud owner of enough olive oil to bathe a small elephant.
Day 3: Ferry to Eretria & The (Near) Car Catastrophe.
Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Determined to see more of Evia. This called for a ferry trip! Headed to Eretria, a nearby ancient city. The ferry wasn't a majestic cruise liner. More like a slightly rusty, but endearing, workhorse. It was chaotic in the best possible way. Everyone was shouting, waving, and carrying bags of groceries. Loved it.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Explored Eretria. Wandered through ancient ruins (my head filled with thoughts of Socrates and the Peloponnesian war). Got a little lost. Got hopelessly hangry. Found a tiny taverna and devoured a souvlaki. The best souvlaki. Ever. (Note: I say this about everything).
Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - 8:00 PM): The Great Car Catastrophe. Driving back from Eretria. Remember the rental car? Well, let's just say I was attempting a U-turn in a narrow street. Let's just say I messed up. Let's just say I almost took out a parked scooter. Cue more panic. Managed to escape without incident, but my hands were still shaking hours later. Needed a stiff drink (or three) at the hotel bar. Tried to laugh it off. Failed. Eventually, I fell asleep watching a rerun of a Greek soap opera, despite not understanding a single word.
Day 4: Relaxation… and a Slightly Overambitious Day Trip
Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): My nervous system needed a recharge. Decided to do absolutely nothing except read a book by the pool. Succeeded… for about an hour. Then the siren song of exploring got too alluring.
Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): This is where the overambitiousness kicked in. Decided to drive to the Monastery of St. John the Russian. Which, according to the guidebook, was a "short drive". Spoiler alert: it wasn't. The roads got increasingly windy and precarious. The scenery was stunning, but I was too busy gripping the steering wheel to truly appreciate it. Almost missed the turnoff. Almost drove off a cliff. Arrived at the monastery, slightly green around the gills, but in awe.
Late Afternoon/Evening (5:00 PM - Whenever Dinner Was Ready): The monastery was beautiful. Serene. Peaceful. Needed that. The air felt different there. Felt my heart rate finally slow down. On the way back? Got lost. Again. Reached the Artemis after dark, exhausted, and slightly traumatized. Ordered a HUGE plate of pasta. Needed carbs. Needed love. Needed to never see a winding road again.
Day 5: The Last Day – Beach, Reflections, and a Promise
Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): After all the hiking, driving, olive oil, and ferry rides, the beach. Finally, the beach. Sun, sand, the endless blue. Managed to actually relax. No existential crises. No near-death experiences. Just the gentle sound of the waves and the warmth of the sun. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch at the hotel. Tried everything. Savoring those last moments. Spent a long time on the balcony with a glass of wine, just staring out at the sea, reflecting on the last few days. Realized, despite the mishaps, the near-disasters, and the moments of sheer panic, that I'd had an incredible time.
Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - Whenever the Taxi Arrived): Packed my bags. Said goodbye to the Artemis Hotel (and the slightly-too-small room). The people had been amazing. So welcoming, so kind. Promised myself I'd come back. Maybe next time, I'll be a more seasoned traveler. Maybe. Probably not. But that's part of the fun, right? Taxi to Athens. Goodbye, Evia! Goodbye, Greece! Until next time…
Postscript:
- Olive oil consumption: Still going strong. May need a new kitchen soon.
- Rental car: Survived. Barely.
- Tan lines: Spectacular.
Escape to Paradise: Artemis Hotel Amarynthos, Evia - YOU NEED THIS! (Maybe… Read On)
Okay, spill the beans. Is this place ACTUALLY paradise? Or just another brochure lie?
Alright, alright, settle down. “Paradise” is a strong word, right? Look, Artemis Hotel… Amarynthos… Evia… it's definitely *close*. Picture this: I arrive, exhausted from the flight. The ferry was...well, let's just say my stomach and the Aegean Sea had a brief, unwelcomed tango. But then! Walking into the lobby... BAM! Sea view, sunlight streaming in, and the smell of… something delicious baking? It's a *moment*. Paradise? Maybe not perfect, but definitely a massive improvement from my cramped airplane seat. It’s got heart, this place. It feels real, not some sterile, influencer-approved Instagram trap. I’m already biased. Love it.
What’s the food REALLY like? My stomach is sensitive. (And I’m a picky eater.)
Okay, foodie confession time: food is VERY important to me. I mean, *who isn’t* obsessed with food? The Artemis… well, let’s just say I gained "Greek holiday happiness" weight. The breakfast buffet? Forget about it! Freshly squeezed orange juice that tasted like sunshine, those gorgeous, homemade Greek pastries (they make me weak, honestly). The feta… oh, the feta! Be prepared to eat more cheese than you thought humanly possible. I'm not normally keen on buffets, because everything feels so mass-produced. But the Artemis Hotel, they clearly put some effort to everything. The only downside? I felt like I was rolling out of the dining room every morning. (Worth it.)
The beach! Tell me EVERYTHING about the beach! Is it crowded? Is the water clear? Is it... *Instagrammable*?
The beach… okay, buckle up. It's a *stone's throw* (literally, I could probably chuck a pebble from my balcony and hit the water) from the hotel. The water? Yes. Crystal clear. Like, you can see your toes while wading in. It’s gorgeous. Instagrammable? Absolutely. I'm not ashamed to admit I spent a good chunk of my trip trying to capture that perfect Mediterranean glow. But here's the REAL truth: It does get a bit crowded, especially in peak season. I snuck down early one morning, and for an hour or so I had the place practically to myself. Pure bliss. No screaming kids, just the sound of the waves and my own, very loud, excited breathing. So, if you value peace, set that alarm!
What are the rooms like? I’m not exactly a budget traveler… (but I’m also not royalty.)
The rooms are… comfortable. They're not, like, super-luxurious, with gold-plated taps or anything, but they're definitely nice! Clean, spacious enough, and most importantly… the balconies! My balcony overlooked the sea. Every morning, I'd sit out there, sipping coffee, watching the sunrise. Pure magic! The decor is a bit… basic, let's say. Think clean lines and the usual hotel-room aesthetic. But honestly? Who cares? You're there for the view, the sunshine, and the escape. The air conditioning worked, which is crucial, especially when you're attempting to nap after a big lunch. My only slight grumble? The Wi-Fi. It can be a bit… patchy. But hey, it forces you to disconnect, right? (I secretly loved it.)
The Staff! Are they friendly? Do they speak English? Are they used to annoying tourists like ME?
Okay, this is a big one. The staff at Artemis are *amazing*. Seriously. From the front desk folks, who were patient with my terrible Greek ("*Efharisto*… or is that… *Gamiseta*?*") to the cleaning staff, who always had a smile, they were wonderful. Most of them speak English, and they're SO helpful. They're used to tourists. And even more importantly, they're genuinely *nice*. They didn't have that jaded, "been-there-done-that" vibe that you sometimes encounter. They actually seem like they love working there. One of the waiters remembered my coffee order after the first day. Little things like that make a big difference. One caveat: Sometimes communication could be a little…quirky. This added to the charm, in my opinion. Expect a LOT of smiling and a little bit of translation, all of which makes you feel right at home.
What is there to do besides sitting on the beach and eating? (I'm easily bored.)
Okay, for the restless souls, listen up! Amarynthos itself is a charming little town. There are shops, tavernas… and a harbor where you can sit and watch the boats. You can rent a car and explore Evia. Definitely do this! Beautiful scenery, ancient ruins, charming villages… But here's my insider tip: Take a boat trip. There are several available. You can explore hidden coves, swim in turquoise waters, and eat grilled fish on deck. I did one of those… and it. Was. Magical! It was the best thing I did all holiday. It wasn't *perfect*. The boat was rocking a little too much for my liking, and the seafood… let's just say, I've had better. But overall, it was an out-of-body experience. You'll be out of your brain and into the sea, guaranteed. I'm still dreaming about it! Seriously, book a boat trip. Trust me.
Is it worth it? Should I book this trip, or am I better off spending this money on a… I don’t know… a new car?
Okay, here's the brutally honest truth. Yes! Book it! Your soul needs this! Will it be perfect? Probably not. Will there be minor annoyances? Absolutely. Will you remember the trip for years to come? YES! (I’m still dreaming of feta, sunshine, and sea). Will the new car be fun? Sure, for a while. But this is about creating memories, escaping the daily grind, and recharging your batteries. The Artemis Hotel isn’t just a place to stay; it’s an experience. You’ll come back feeling refreshed, revitalized, and with a camera roll full of Instagram-worthy photos. Go. Book it. Now! (Tell them I sent you… maybe they'll give me a free pastry next time.)
Any hidden costs I should be aware of? Don't want any nasty surprises!
Alright, let's talk brass tacks. Hidden costs? Well, theMy Hotel Reviewst