Howell's Hidden Gem: At 9 Motel's Unbelievable Perks!

At 9 Motel Howell United States

At 9 Motel Howell United States

Howell's Hidden Gem: At 9 Motel's Unbelievable Perks!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into a review of Howell's Hidden Gem: At 9 Motel's Unbelievable Perks! This ain't your grandma's sterile hotel write-up. We're talkin' REAL talk, the good, the bad, and the utterly bizarre. Let's get this show on the road!

[Accessibility] - Is it, you know, accessible?

Look, I'm not gonna lie, I'm not physically challenged. But the website promised accessibility. And you know how promises go in the hotel biz, sometimes they're just… well, aspirational. They claimed wheelchair accessibility, and I did spot an elevator (hallelujah!), but truth be told, I didn't personally test every nook and cranny. I did see ramps, which is a good start. So, probably accessible, but I'd suggest calling ahead and grilling them about specifics if you truly need it. Don't trust my lazy assessment, ya hear?

[On-site accessible restaurants / lounges]

Didn't see anything specifically labeled accessible-restaurant or lounge, though the primary restaurant has ramps around the building.

[Wheelchair accessible]

See above. Potentially, pending detailed personal investigation.

[Internet Access & The Wi-Fi Saga] Internet Access – the lifeblood of the modern traveler:

Let's be candid: reliable Wi-Fi is no longer a luxury; it's a fundamental right. "Free Wi-Fi in ALL rooms!" they crowed. Well, it worked, sometimes. Okay, most times. Fine, like… 70% of the time. I wasn't able to stream much of anything without a lot of buffering, and it was almost a constant battle. Seriously, in this day and age, a stable internet connection should be a given!

Internet [LAN] – A relic or a lifesaver?:

Honestly, I barely used it. Who even remembers LAN cables? Let's be honest, the hotel probably hasn’t updated their internet tech.

Internet services – Let’s see how unreliable this is:

The internet services in general had quite a few problems…

Wi-Fi in public areas:

It was a little more reliable than the in-room Wi-Fi, but it still wasn't exactly blazing fast.

[Things to do, ways to relax, & the "Spa" Illusion]

Alright, so they claim to have a spa. I put "spa" in quotation marks because… well, let's just say my expectations were… adjusted. The "sauna" looked suspiciously like a glorified closet, and the "steam room" gave me flashbacks to a poorly ventilated high school locker room. They had a "pool with a view," which was lovely – if you didn't mind the occasional rogue leaf and the sound of the nearby highway. The "massage" option was a bit of a mystery – I’m pretty sure they had a masseuse, but I didn't manage to find them.

Seriously, don't go expecting a Four Seasons experience. But hey, the pool was actually pretty pleasant for a quick dip.

Here is a breakdown of some of the other "relaxing" options:

  • Body scrub/wrap: Pass. I ain't gonna risk it.
  • Fitness center: Probably functional.
  • Foot bath, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: See above "Spa" section. Proceed with caution.
  • Gym/fitness: Probably functional.
  • Massage: If you can find it, maybe it's good? If it's a cheap massage, don't expect miracles.
  • Swimming pool: See above.
  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: See above.

Cleanliness and Safety – Are We Surviving?

Okay, this is where Howell's actually SHINES. They seemed to genuinely care.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Check.
  • Cashless payment service: Convenient.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Yup, noticed it.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
  • Hot water linen and laundry washing: Probably.
  • Hygiene certification: Good to know.
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Nice touch, but also a bit wasteful? Hmm…
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Okay.
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services: Okay!
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Good!
  • Safe dining setup: Alright.
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Good!
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Felt like it.
  • Sterilizing equipment: I didn't see it, but I'll trust them.

They REALLY seemed to have stepped up their game in this department.

[Dining, drinking, and snacking – A Culinary Odyssey (or Mishap)]

The food situation was… interesting. Let's just say it wasn't a Michelin-star experience. But again, it’s a motel!

  • A la carte in restaurant/ Buffet in restaurant: Not sure if there's much of a choice.
  • Alternative meal arrangement/ Breakfast takeaway service/ Bottle of water: Good!
  • Asian breakfast/ Asian cuisine in restaurant: Unsure, didn't see it.
  • Bar/ Happy hour/ Poolside bar: I didn't see anything.
  • Breakfast [buffet]/ Breakfast service/ Coffee/tea in restaurant: Maybe.
  • Coffee shop/ Desserts in restaurant/ Salad in restaurant/ Snack bar/ Soup in restaurant/ Vegetarian restaurant/ Western breakfast/ Western cuisine in restaurant: Did not see.
  • Room service [24-hour]: This is, at least on paper, a MAJOR plus – a midnight snack? But I was really afraid of what they'd serve to me.

Anecdote Time!

One morning, I ordered room service. I figured, hey, 24-hour room service! Living the high life! I requested the "continental breakfast." What arrived… was… well, let's just say it looked like a hostage situation on a plate. A sad croissant, a pre-packaged muffin, some questionable fruit, and a cup of instant coffee that tasted like desperation. Oh, and a hefty bill. I still ate it. But it was a moment, a testament to the human capacity for disappointment.

[Services and Conveniences – The Usual Suspects]

  • Air conditioning in public area: (Probably).
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events: Doubtful, but maybe?
  • Business facilities: Okay.
  • Cash withdrawal/ Doorman/ Dry cleaning: Doubtful.
  • Elevator: Yes!
  • Essential condiments/ Facilities for disabled guests/ Food delivery: Okay.
  • Gift/souvenir shop: Never saw it.
  • Indoor venue for special events: Maybe?
  • Invoice provided/ Ironing service/ Laundry service/ Luggage storage/ Meeting/banquet facilities/ Meetings/ Meeting stationery: Okay.
  • On-site event hosting: Doubtful.
  • Outdoor venue for special events/ Projector/LED display/ Safety deposit boxes: Okay.
  • Seminars/ Shrine/ Smoking area: Doubtful.
  • Terrace/ Wi-Fi for special events/ Xerox/fax in business center: Doubtful.

[For the Kids – A Family-Friendly Paradise? (Maybe Not)]

  • Babysitting service/ Family/child friendly/ Kids facilities/ Kids meal: Not really.

[Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms!]

Okay, the rooms… they were… serviceable. Clean enough, I guess.

  • Additional toilet/ Air conditioning/ Alarm clock/ Bathrobes/ Bathroom phone/ Bathtub/ Blackout curtains/ Carpeting/ Closet/ Coffee/tea maker/ Complimentary tea/ Daily housekeeping/ Desk/ Extra long bed/ Free bottled water/ Hair dryer/ High floor/ In-room safe box/ Interconnecting room(s) available/ Internet access – LAN/ Internet access – wireless/ Ironing facilities/ Laptop workspace/ Linens/ Mini bar/ Mirror/ Non-smoking/ On-demand movies/ Private bathroom/ Reading light/ Refrigerator/ Safety/security feature/ Satellite/cable channels/ Scale/ Seating area/ Separate shower/bathtub/ Shower/ Slippers/ Smoke detector/ Socket near the bed/ Sofa/ Soundproofing/ Telephone/ Toiletries/ Towels/ Umbrella/ Visual alarm/ Wake-up service/ Wi-Fi [free]/ Window that opens: Standard stuff. Nothing flashy.

Quirky Observation: My room had a particularly… enthusiastic air conditioning unit that sounded like a jet engine taking off. It was either freezing cold or searing hot. There was no in-between.

[Getting Around – The Transportation Tango]

  • Bicycle parking/ Car park [free of charge]/ Car park [on-site]/ Car power charging station/ Taxi service/ Valet parking: Okay.
  • Airport transfer: Unsure.

My Verdict?

Look, Howell's Hidden Gem isn't glamorous. It

Tokyo Riverside Dream Home: 2BR Gem in Tangerang!

Book Now

At 9 Motel Howell United States

At 9 Motel Howell United States

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to At 9 Motel in Howell, Michigan. Let's get this show on the road - or at least, plan to get on the road.

The "At 9 Motel or Bust" Itinerary: A Messy, Emotional Rollercoaster

Phase 1: Pre-Departure Anxiety & The Great Packing Debacle (or, "Where Did All My Socks Go?!")

  • Day 1: D-Minus 2 Days (ish)

    • Morning (8:00 AM - theoretically): Wake up. Or, attempt to wake up. Let's be honest, the actual waking up probably happens closer to 10. Coffee. A LOT of coffee. This is crucial fuel for the impending chaos.
    • Late Morning/Early Afternoon (11:00 AM - whenever I get around to it): The packing panic commences. "I need EVERYTHING," I'll wail internally. "What if it rains? What if there's a sudden, unexpected ice-skating competition? I must be prepared for all eventualities!" This leads to me staring blankly at my closet for an hour. This phase is usually accompanied by frustrated sighs and the muttered phrase, "I swear I had a new pair of jeans…" (Spoiler: I probably don't).
    • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Attempt a packing list. Fail miserably. Write down "socks" and then realize I have no idea how many pairs I own. Begin a frantic sock search that will likely uncover long-lost treasures like rogue pens and mysterious receipts for things I've completely forgotten buying.
    • Evening (7:00 PM - or later): Give up on packing. Order takeout food. Binge-watch something completely irrelevant to the trip. Tell myself, "I'll pack tomorrow." The inherent lie of the procrastinator.
  • Day 2: D-1 (The Pre-Trip Meltdown)

    • Morning (8:00 AM - bleary-eyed): Waking up in a state of pure, unadulterated dread. The packing list sits tauntingly at my desk. Panic sets in as I consider all the things I'll inevitably forget.
    • Midday (12:00 PM): Finally, packing. Stuff everything haphazardly into a bag. Realize I've overpacked. Tell myself I'll sort it all out at the motel. (Pro-Tip: This never happens). Check and double-check the reservation. "At 9 Motel…right? Howell…Michigan. Okay, cool." (Pause for internal reassurance, and a slight spike in blood pressure.)
    • Afternoon (4:00 PM): Last-minute errands. Buy snacks I don't need. Wander aimlessly through a store, adding pointless items to the cart. This is a crucial element because it's necessary for the "feeling" of preparation.
    • Evening (7:00 PM): The Departure Ritual. A solemn goodbye to the cat (who, of course, will ignore me). A final sweep of the house to make sure I haven't left the oven on (again). Last-minute double-checking of the suitcase and, inevitably, finding something else I supposedly forgot. And, because I always seem to run a bit behind, the frantic sprint to the car.

Phase 2: The Road Trip to Howell – AKA, the Journey of Questionable Life Choices

  • Day 3: Departure Day! (Morning)
    • (Early) Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): The absolute last-minute rush. The frantic scramble for keys, wallet, phone, and any other item that can possibly be forgotten. A mad dash to the car (or the airport if that is the case), where I will be promptly and severely late.
    • (Mid) Morning/Early Afternoon (10:00 AM - 4:00 PM): Road trip begins! Blast music, sing badly, and try to avoid getting too distracted by the scenery. Constant refuelling of caffeine and snacks. Make the obligatory (and often uninteresting) commentary about the passing landscape.
    • (Early) Afternoon - (Between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM): Arrival at the At 9 Motel in Howell! Check-in, hopefully without too much awkwardness. Check the room. Do a quick sweep for bugs, even though it's probably unnecessary. Make mental notes about any quirks of the room, like the location of the vending machine, or if there is a microwave.
    • (Late) Afternoon/Early evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): A necessary break! I'll be needing a bit of down-time, maybe binge-watch some tv or read a book. Perhaps a nice, long, cleansing shower at the end of a long, and probably hot, road trip.
    • Evening (8:00 PM onward): The Great Howell Adventure Begins!! (Well, after dinner.) The possibilities!

Phase 3: At 9 Motel: The Main Event!

  • Day 4:

    • Morning: Wake up (maybe). See what's going on that day!
    • Mid-day: Explore, relax, have fun!
    • Evening: Go over the events of the day!
  • Day 5:

    • Morning: Start to pack up, or at least start thinking about it.
    • Mid-day: Some more relaxing and enjoying the surrounding area. Maybe revisit somewhere previously visited!
    • Evening: Have a final dinner at a nice restaurant!
  • Day 6:

    • Morning: Final packing, and final goodbyes. Head home.
    • Mid-day: Start the journey back to reality!
    • Evening: Back home!! Safe and sound.

Phase 4: Post-Trip Reflection & The Emotional Hangover

  • Day 7 (and beyond):
    • Immediate Aftermath: Unpack (eventually). Lament the fact that all the snacks are gone. Begin planning the next trip, because, let's face it, the travel bug is real. Possibly develop post-vacation depression, which can only be cured by more travel.
    • Long-Term: Ruminate on the trip, the memories, the good times, the bad ones, the funny moments, the weird ones. Tell everyone who will listen (and some who won't) endless anecdotes about the trip, embellished with each telling. Start the cycle all over again, of course, because adventure awaits, and packing lists are calling.

Important Notes & Disclaimer:

  • This itinerary is a suggestion and is subject to change based on my mood, the weather, the availability of snacks, and the general whims of the universe.
  • I am not responsible for any spontaneous purchases, lost luggage, or existential crises that may occur during this trip.
  • Please pack comfortable shoes. You'll need them for all the walking (or, you know, accidentally tripping).
  • Most importantly: Have fun! Embrace the chaos, the spontaneity, and the inevitable imperfections. That's where the real adventures begin.

(And, if anyone spots me at the At 9 Motel in Howell, Michigan, please feel free to say hi…but maybe bring me a coffee. I'll probably need one.)

Luxury Zurich Living: Vision Apartments Wolframplatz - Unbelievable Views!

Book Now

At 9 Motel Howell United States

At 9 Motel Howell United StatesOkay, buckle up buttercups! We're diving headfirst into the weird and wonderful world of the 9 Motel in Howell, Michigan. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, because this isn't your grandma's sterile hotel review. This is the REAL DEAL.

Alright, spill the beans! What's *actually* good about the 9 Motel? I'm seeing a lot of "hidden gem" talk...is it just hype?

Hype? Maybe a little. But listen, I'm a cynic, a jaded traveler, the kind who judges a book by its stained cover. And even *I* was charmed. Seriously. The 'hidden gem' thing isn't just marketing fluff. It's about the…well, almost *knowing* that the 9 Motel is *trying.* And the trying is what REALLY sells it. It has this…*vibe*. Okay, so here's the lowdown: It’s CLEAN. Like, shockingly clean for a budget motel. I’m talking no suspicious stains on the sheets, no lingering smells of…well, let’s just say *other* motels. Plus, the staff are LEGITIMATE champions of service with a smile. They *act* like they care. That's a big deal. Not just a forced, plastic smile. Real human connection.

Okay, clean is good. But what about the practical stuff? Like, breakfast. Is it even worth getting out of bed for?

Oh, the breakfast. This is where things get *interesting.* It’s not the Ritz. Don't expect a mimosa bar or a foie gras station. Think…cereal, toast, maybe some pre-packaged muffins that have seen better days. But here’s a confession: I LOVE pre-packaged muffins. So, for me, the breakfast was a triumph! It's about expectations, people. Lower them. This is not about gourmet food. It's about FUEL. And the coffee… well, it's that slightly-burnt-but-still-gets-the-job-done kind of coffee. But the breakfast *area*… that was its own experience. It had that low-key, early-morning vibe that I really dug.

The pool…is it as sketchy as it looks in the photos? Give it to me straight!

Okay, the pool. Let’s not beat around the bush here. It looks like it's been through a few… *things*. The tiles might be a little chipped. The chlorine smell might hit you like a ton of bricks. But...and this is a BIG BUT...it's *functional*. I saw kids in there, having a blast. Adults cautiously dipping their toes. I mean, it *works*. It’s not pristine. It’s not Instagrammable. It's…*real*. And you know what? Sometimes, REAL is what you need. I actually *wished* I had brought my swim trunks.

Tell me about the ROOMS! Are they claustrophobic? Are they…haunted?

The rooms. Ah, the rooms! Alright, they are not palatial suites. They are…practical. Functional. Think, basic motel room, but *very* clean. I'm serious, the cleanliness factor is consistent. Now, are they haunted? I didn't experience anything overtly spectral. But, let’s be honest, in a motel setting, you're always *sort of* expecting a ghost story, right? One time I DID hear a strange thumping noise, which I’m pretty sure was coming from the...the *ahem*.. person in the room next door. It was a *very* active night. Suffice it to say, I was very glad I had my earplugs. The important thing is the bed. And the bed? Was comfy. Perfectly adequate. I slept like a log.

What's the *best* thing about the 9 Motel, the thing that makes it truly special?

This is really hard. It's not the pool (though it is a memorable experience, I'll say that). It's not the free breakfast (though those muffins are good…dammit!). It's not even the impressively clean rooms. The BEST thing? Okay.. get ready for it… it's the FEELING. The 9 Motel doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. It's honest. It's unpretentious. It's…*charming* in its own, slightly ramshackle way. It felt like a place where real people actually stay. Not just tourists passing through. It's welcoming. It’s a place that embraces the fact that it’s a motel, a *budget* motel. Not a stuffy hotel. They’re not trying to be something they’re not. This is a huge selling point if you ask me. It’s…comforting? Yes, comforting.

Okay, okay, you’ve convinced me. But what’s one thing, *one tiny little thing,* that was a total train wreck?

Oh, there's always a train wreck somewhere, isn’t there? Hmmm. Let me think. Okay, I'm gonna call out the… the ICE MACHINE. Yes. The ice machine. It was a *nightmare*. On the first night I tried to get ice, and it was completely broken. I mean, it was *obliterated*. I'm talking, you might as well be looking at the inside of a cave. I had to go to the front desk, sheepishly, and ask…they claimed they were going to fix it. I got ice from the front desk, but then the next day? Still broken! I felt like I was in a bad movie. I’m not saying the broken ice machine ruined my entire stay, but it did add a certain… *grittiness* to the experience. It was memorable, in a "I-will-always-remember-the-ice-machine" kind of way.

Would you go back? Be honest!

Absolutely. Without a doubt. I’d go back in a heartbeat. I’d even bring my (noise canceling) earplugs this time. It's got that certain *je ne sais quoi.* Plus, I’d go back just to see if they *ever* fixed the ice machine. Maybe, just maybe, it's a permanent fixture of the 9 Motel’s charming personality. I'm going to give it a shot and see.
Budget Travel Destination

At 9 Motel Howell United States

At 9 Motel Howell United States

At 9 Motel Howell United States

At 9 Motel Howell United States