Escape to Paradise: Appleton Villa's Unforgettable Nuwara Eliya Getaway
Escape to Paradise: Appleton Villa - My Nuwara Eliya Rollercoaster (and Why You NEED to Go!)
Okay, buckle up folks, because this isn't your typical hotel review. This is a full-blown, unfiltered account of my recent Nuwara Eliya adventure at Appleton Villa. And let me tell you, it was… an experience. Forget perfectly curated Instagram feeds; this is the REAL DEAL. (And yes, I'll try to sneak in some SEO goodies for those who care, but mostly, we're talking FEELINGS here!)
First Impressions & Accessibility (and My Surprisingly Awkward Entrance)
Getting to Appleton Villa? Easy peasy. Nuwara Eliya itself is… well, it's Nuwara Eliya. Gorgeous mountain air, tea plantations for days, and roads that sometimes resemble actual roads. Accessibility: This is where things get a little… nuanced. While they claim to have "Facilities for disabled guests", I'd suggest calling ahead and confirming specifics. My (perfectly able-bodied) self found the villa's layout a bit… charmingly eccentric, with some stairs and uneven surfaces. Definitely not a place for serious mobility issues without some advance planning. Getting Around: The free car park (phew, that's a win!) was a lifesaver. They also offer a pricey Airport Transfer (more on that later).
Walking into the lobby… wow. The air just hums with old-world charm. Think colonial-era elegance, updated with a modern twist – but still, you get that feeling! The staff are genuinely lovely, but my first interaction was… interesting. I somehow managed to trip (gracefully, I assure you) on the welcome mat. Face-plant-level awkwardness. Thankfully, the front desk (24-hour, by the way!) handled it with grace and a quick offer of a complimentary chamomile tea, which I'd say was a great recovery. Check-in/out [express]: Worked like a dream after that initial stumble (thank goodness).
The Room: My Sanctuary (and Occasional Battleground)
My room? Oh, my room! Let's start with the good stuff: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Bless you, Appleton Villa!), a mini bar that, let's be honest, I raided at least twice a day, and the complimentary tea & coffee maker, a godsend for my relentless caffeine cravings. The bed? HEAVENLY. Seriously, extra long bed! The blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleeping in after a day of exploring. I spent a lot of time in my bathrobe, writing, and planning my life, which is my ideal day.
The bathroom? Perfectly adequate. Bathtub? Check. Separate shower/bathtub? Check. Now, the in-room safe box. I have trust issues, so I stored my passport, but I never truly feel secure. (But hey, that's my problem, not the villa's!)
The downside? The carpet needed a revamp; but the non-smoking room was fantastic. I had a weird "thing" for the complimentary water, but I think it was just because it was the best water I'd had in ages. Oh, and the soundproofing wasn't perfect, but nothing is.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Culinary Crusade
Okay, this is where Appleton Villa really shines. Restaurants? Plural! They have several! The food was generally superb, although I'm a simple creature, I think.
- The Asian Cuisine: Was really good. The Asian breakfast was a daily ritual. They served a soup dish that I still dream about.
- International Cuisine: Equally impressive and the vegetarian restaurant had a few options that I wasn't expecting from outside the city.
The buffet in restaurant was generous and well-stocked. Breakfast [buffet] was a highlight, with everything you could possibly want. They also had a breakfast takeaway service, which I utilized for a day's hike. Honestly, the salad in restaurant was so fresh, it was like a slap of sunshine.
The Poolside Bar: Yes, please. I spent an afternoon there, lazily sipping a cocktail, and watching the clouds drift by. Happy hour was a particularly happy experience, if I may add.
And those desserts in restaurant! Pure, unadulterated deliciousness. I won't lie, I may have snuck a few extra pastries back to my room. Don't judge me.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax, and My Personal Spa Odyssey
This is where Appleton Villa goes from "nice hotel" to "oasis of bliss."
- The Pool with a view is something from a movie. I could literally gaze at the mountains for hours.
- The Sauna & Steamroom: I basically lived here. Pure, unadulterated relaxation.
- The Fitness Center: Full disclosure, I glanced at it on my way to the spa.
- Spa/Sauna: Yes, please.
- Massage: Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I may have fallen asleep mid-massage. Don't tell anyone.
- Spa: Overall the experience was divine and it was so worth it.
Cleanliness and Safety: Trying to Stay Sane During a Global Pandemic
Okay, let's be real: travel during this time is stressful. Appleton Villa gets it. They've got:
- Anti-viral cleaning products.
- Daily disinfection in common areas.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Rooms sanitized between stays.
- Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Safe dining setup.
I felt safe and well taken care of, which is a HUGE deal. Honestly you can opt out of room sanitization.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things that Make a Difference
Appleton Villa doesn’t forget all the little details that elevate a hotel from “just a place to sleep” to a true experience:
- Daily housekeeping: My room was always spotless.
- Luggage storage: For those odd hours before check-in.
- Concierge: Super helpful with booking tours and arranging transportation.
- Laundry service: A lifesaver after getting caught in a rainstorm.
- Free Car Park: As always, a win!
- Essential Condiments: Which I took in the end, but I didn't need since they have it all.
For the Kids: A Family Adventure (I can Only Imagine)
While I wasn't traveling with kids, the facilities seemed well-suited for families. The Babysitting service is a great option and Kids meal is available. The Family/child friendly atmosphere was a plus.
Internet, Internet, Internet: My Digital Detox (Sort Of)
Internet Access – Wireless: Wonderful. Kept me connected when I wanted to be. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! The hotel has Meeting/banquet facilities, and will provide Wi-Fi for special events.
My Nuwara Eliya Verdict:
Appleton Villa isn't perfect (nothing ever is!), but it's got a charm, warmth, and a level of service that will make you feel like you've truly escaped. It's a place to unwind, indulge, and (hopefully not) trip on a welcome mat. Highly recommended. If you're looking for an unforgettable Nuwara Eliya getaway, book it. Seriously.
SEO-Friendly Highlights:
- Nuwara Eliya Hotels: Escape to Paradise: Appleton Villa
- Luxury Hotel Nuwara Eliya: Unforgettable experience.
- Hotel with Spa Nuwara Eliya: Sauna, Steamroom, Massage.
- Family-Friendly Hotel Nuwara Eliya.
- Best Restaurants Nuwara Eliya: Asian, International Cuisine, and Buffet.
- Relaxing Getaway, Nuwara Eliya: Pool, Spa, and impeccable service.
- Accessibility, Nuwara Eliya Hotels: (Call ahead to confirm specifics!)
- Free Wi-Fi Nuwara Eliya: All rooms!
- Great Hotel Nuwara Eliya: Worth the trip!
ESCAPE TO PARADISE: Book Your Nuwara Eliya Adventure Before It's Too Late!
Tired of the same old boring vacation? Craving an escape to a place where time slows down, worries melt away, and pure bliss reigns supreme?
Then get ready to fall in love with Appleton Villa in Nuwara Eliya!
Imagine waking up to breathtaking mountain views, savoring a delicious Asian breakfast, and spending your days indulging in spa treatments, dips in the pool, and exploring the lush tea plantations that surround you.
Here's what awaits you at Appleton Villa:
- Unwind in luxurious rooms with free Wi-Fi and stunning views.
- Indulge in a culinary journey with Asian and International dining options.
- Rejuvenate at the spa with massages, saunas, and steam rooms.
- Experience impeccable service and a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
- Enjoy free parking.
But hurry! Rooms at Appleton Villa are booking up fast
Calais Beachfront Luxury: Your Dream Apartment Awaits!Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your meticulously planned, color-coded itinerary. This is me, spilling my guts (and hopefully some good travel tips) after a trip to the ridiculously charming Appleton Villa in Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka. Consider this less a schedule, and more… a nervous breakdown/confession/love letter, all rolled into one.
Day 1: Arrival - Altitude Sickness & Afternoon Tea, or "My Brain Feels Like a Soggy Biscuit"
Morning: Landed in Colombo. The humidity hit me like a wet blanket, instantly undoing any attempt at looking remotely presentable after a 14-hour flight. The drive to Nuwara Eliya? Let's just say it involved more switchbacks than I thought humanly possible. And I, being a delicate flower from sea level, started feeling… weird. A light headache, followed by a disconcerting feeling of general fuzziness. Altitude sickness, I suspect. My brain felt like a soggy biscuit.
Afternoon: Finally, the Appleton Villa. Oh. Em. Gee. Photos didn't do justice. Think cozy English country manor meets Sri Lankan hospitality. Fireplaces? Check. Cozy armchairs begging to be napped in? Double check. The view… breathtaking. Lush green hills rolling on forever. Despite my altitude-induced misery, I knew, knew, I was going to love it.
Tea Time Tango: And then… the tea. Oh, the tea! (Why am I yelling? Still the altitude, probably.) They brought us this amazing spread – finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream (yes, clotted cream!), delicate pastries. I, being a caffeine fiend, practically inhaled it. Made a HUGE mistake, I think. The caffeine kicked in, amplified by the altitude, and I was buzzing like a hummingbird in a wind tunnel. Suddenly, I was talking a mile a minute, babbling to the staff about my life, my anxieties, and my undying love for fluffy kittens. Mortifying.
Evening: Struggled to eat dinner. Everything looked so delicious – curries, rice, the works. But my stomach felt like a little washing machine. Managed to pick at some dahl (delicious!), then retreated to the room, feeling a potent combination of euphoric and nauseous. Watched the fire crackle and vowed to embrace the slow living, or at least try.
Day 2: Rambling Through the Tea Plantations & Discovering My Inner Tea Snob
Morning: Woke up with a thumping headache that ached as though my head would explode. Decided to power through it with lots of water and maybe a prayer
11:00 AM We visited a tea factory – that's where it all began. You know, the magic of Ceylon tea? I was not expecting to be so utterly captivated. The whole process, from plucking to packaging felt like an art form. The guide, a jolly older man with a twinkling eye, was fantastic. He was explaining the science behind the tea leaves that were going on the factory floor.
Midday: That was when i went on a tea plantation tour. The tea bushes are so green they almost hurt your eyes. I felt like I was in a movie, like a rich and beautiful woman who has so much money she does not care about her life. The workers, bent low over the plants, creating the perfect cup of tea with their own hands, seemed like an ancient ritual to me. Tried some fancy, expensive tea at the end, and suddenly I was a tea snob. The first cup was good, the second was great, and by the third, I was an expert.
Afternoon: More tea! More beautiful landscapes! More overwhelming happiness! This is the place to be if you are ever in Nuwara Eliya.
Day 3: Embracing the Quirks & Battling the Blustery Winds
Morning: The wind in Nuwara Eliya is no joke. Think gale-force snuggles. Decided to take a hike around the Villa. Ended up thoroughly disheveled, with a delightful case of windburn.
Midday: Attempted to visit Lake Gregory. It was picturesque, sure, but the sheer number of people milling around slightly killed the vibe, I thought. Spent an hour or so with some locals, sharing stories.
Afternoon: Back to the Villa. Best decision ever. The sheer cozy-ness of it all has me relaxed.
Evening: Dinner. Again, too much food. Again, worth it. The staff at Appleton Villa are angels. They were so caring and ready to help.
Day 4: Departure - Goodbye Appleton Villa, and Hello, Real Life
Morning: Last breakfast. A tearful goodbye to the best curry I've ever had. The staff waved us off as we were leaving with a lot of smiles, it felt like we were leaving family. This place, this view, this whole experience? It felt like a dream. The best dream.
Afternoon: The drive back to Colombo. The humidity already started creeping back in. Goodbye cool air, hello heat. I already miss Appleton Villa almost as much as I missed the tea.
My Verdict:
Appleton Villa? Go. Just go. Don't think about it. Book it. Pack layers. Drink lots of water. Embrace the altitude. Give yourself permission to be a little bit messy and a lot happy. And for the love of all that is holy, try the tea. You won't regret it. And that's the honest, slightly rambling truth.
Osaka's Hidden Gem: EX Tenjinnomori Apartment 202 - Unbelievable Views!