Unbelievable Baguio Adventure: Your Dream Grand Vacation Awaits!

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Unbelievable Baguio Adventure: Your Dream Grand Vacation Awaits!

Unbelievable Baguio Adventure: My Messy, Wonderful, and Totally Honest Review (Plus a Plea to Book!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a (drumroll please…) Unbelievable Baguio Adventure and, well, "unbelievable" is… a word. Let's unpack this chaotic, joy-filled experience, shall we? Prepare for a review that's less polished prose and more… well, me.

First Impressions: The Good, the Messy, and the "Wait, Where's the Hotel Again?"

Driving up to Baguio is always a vibe, right? The crisp air, the pine trees, the…traffic. Yes, Baguio traffic. But thankfully, once we (finally!) arrived, finding the hotel was pretty easy. They did have a helpful doorman, so at least we weren't on our own in the beginning. The exterior? Clean, well-maintained, and promising. Score one!

Accessibility? A Mixed Bag, Honestly.

This is where things get, shall we say, complicated. While the website boasts "Facilities for disabled guests", it's not always clear what those facilities are. There's mention of an elevator, which is a godsend. BUT, and this is a big but, I didn't see specific details about wheelchair accessibility in the restaurants or pool area. So, while I'm assuming they try, verifying is key, especially if you or someone you're with requires it. Verdict: Check directly with the hotel before you go!

Inside the Rooms: Comfortable, But Not Without Its Quirks

Okay, let's talk room. We opted for a non-smoking room (essential for me, a reformed smoker who still appreciates clean air), and it was, on the whole, pleasant. Loved the black-out curtains! Finally, a good night's sleep! The bed was comfy, and the included free Wi-Fi? A must in this day and age. And they actually delivered! (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! - Score!)

However… the mirror. It was too far from the only available socket. It made getting ready an ordeal. I mean, seriously, who designed this? But hey, I'm alive. The air conditioning was a lifesaver. (Thank goodness for Air Conditioning!).

Speaking of necessities, they had Free bottled water! (Saved us a trip to the store). And clean towels, fluffy bathrobes - essential amenities for a trip to the spa where I'd be going later.

Internet Access: Praise the Wi-Fi Gods!

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – I've said it already but it bears repeating because it's that important. I needed to check emails, keep up with work, and stalk my ex, all vital. The LAN option was available too, just in case you're a techie. .

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Rollercoaster.

Okay, let's get real. This is where things get…interesting.

  • Breakfast (Buffet): The breakfast buffet was an adventure. The "Asian breakfast" was a mixed bag. Some things were delicious, others… less so. There a Restaurant and Coffee/Tea in restaurant. The Buffet in restaurant was generally okay, and you can Breakfast service, so that's a plus. The Bottle of water was available. They offer a Coffee shop, but I did not use it, so I can only give some rating.

  • Lunch/Dinner: The Restaurants offered a varied menu, with both International cuisine and Asian cuisine. You can pick A la carte in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, and Soup in restaurant. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was a lovely treat, and there was a poolside Snack bar, which always good.

  • The Bar: The Bar was lively, especially during Happy hour. A perfect spot for pre-dinner drinks.

  • My Food Delivery Horror Story (and How They Saved the Day!) - We ordered food delivery one night. A disaster. The order was wrong, cold and it was a complete mess. I was hangry. I called reception, expecting a shrug. Instead, they immediately jumped into action. They sorted it out, comped the meal, and apologized profusely. I was so impressed. They didn't have to do all that. Verdict: Dining - Definitely a mixed bag, but the staff’s response to our issue was exceptional.

Relaxation Station: Spa, Pool, and the Pursuit of Zen.

Alright, this is where the Unbelievable part comes in. I splurged on the spa! The Spa was a highlight. I opted for body scrub, a massage and a foot bath, all of which were utterly divine. The Sauna and Steamroom were a nice touch, too. Seriously, it washed away all the stress of my life. . The pool with a view was gorgeous, the Swimming pool was great, not too crowded, and the water was actually refreshing.

Cleanliness and Safety: Mask Up, People!

The current safety protocols were impressive. There was a Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff were all masked up. Daily disinfection in common areas was a relief, and I definitely felt safe. They even offer Room sanitization opt-out available which is good for those with sensitive beliefs. The Safe dining setup was noticeable.

Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the Whoa!

They had a Concierge (super helpful), Daily housekeeping, and Luggage storage I used it, it was great! The Cash withdrawal option and Currency exchange came in handy. However, the Gift/souvenir shop was a little…limited. But hey, at least they tried, right?

  • The Elevator Advantage: Because of the elevator, it made it easier to access the different services.
  • The Irony of the Laundry Service: Great service, but if you've already packed for a trip maybe it's not so important.

For the Kids: I can't really say

I didn't see much of the For the kids section, but they had a Babysitting service, which is useful for some.

Getting Around: The Car Park and the Taxi Triumph

Free car parking? Awesome! I had no issues. The Taxi service was reliable, and the staff were always willing to help arrange transport. .

Overall Verdict: Is it the "Dream Grand Vacation"?

"Unbelievable" is a bold claim, but Unbelievable Baguio Adventure delivers a solid experience. It's not perfect, and it has its quirks, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. The staff are fantastic, the spa is amazing, and the location is prime - you’re in Baguio!

My Honest Recommendation (and a Plea to Book!)

Look, if you're looking for a perfectly polished, flawless vacation, this might not be it. But if you're seeking a comfortable, value-packed, and memory-making getaway, with a dash of adventure and a whole lot of Baguio charm, GO!

Here’s My Persuasive Offer:

Book your Unbelievable Baguio Adventure NOW and receive:

  • A complimentary 30-minute massage at the award-winning spa (because, let's face it, you deserve it!).
  • A free upgrade to a room with a balcony.
  • A voucher for a delicious dinner at the hotel restaurant, my treat! Be sure to complain loudly if it doesn't live up to your expectations, just to get the manager's attention!

But Wait, There's More!

  • Contactless Check-in/Check-out for peace of mind.
  • 24-hour Security I felt safe during the stay.
  • Smoke alarms (very important!)

Don't wait! Baguio is calling, and your next Unbelievable Adventure awaits! (Seriously, book now. Don't be like me and miss out).

(I’m no longer affiliated with the hotel, this is the most honest review you're likely to get.)

Escape to Paradise: Anandamay Homestay, Alibaug Awaits!

Book Now

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Baguio Breakdown: A Messy, Magnificent Marathon (aka My Trip Diary!)

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your polished travel brochure itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered, slightly panicked account of my Baguio adventure. Expect typos, tangents, and the occasional existential crisis. You’ve been warned!

Day 1: Arrival, Altitude, and Awkward Awesomeness

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up in Manila, bleary-eyed and praying the bus ride doesn't kill me. (I have a history of motion sickness. Pray for me…again.)
  • 8:00 AM: Actually made it to the bus station! Score one for adulting. Purchased a box of emergency crackers, just in case. My "just in case" kit is legendary, mostly because I'm perpetually terrified of everything.
  • 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM: The bus ride. So. Long. But hey, the views! Lush green mountains, ridiculously winding roads. Started feeling a bit queasy about halfway through. Ate half a cracker. Reminded myself to breathe. Found myself oddly mesmerized by the way the sunlight hit the rice terraces. The scenery was breathtaking, which in my case, meant literally… I felt short of breath at one time!
  • 2:30 PM: Landed in Baguio! The air is crisp, like you're breathing straight from a pine tree. It’s immediately better than the smog I'm used to in Manila. Found a taxi! (Pictured me, frantically waving my arms in a desperate attempt to be noticed.)
  • 3:00 PM: Arrived at my hotel, "The Camp John Hay Manor Hotel." It actually looks like a manor! Or like, a vaguely spooky, slightly dilapidated manor. Charm! Found my room. Pretty basic, but hey, I'm not here to live in luxury. I'm here to… well, I'm not entirely sure yet.
  • 4:00 PM: Attempted to walk to Session Road. Mistake number one. I got lost. Found myself wandering through a residential area, where I'm pretty sure I saw a dog wearing a tiny sweater. Okay, maybe it's the altitude affect!
  • 5:00 PM: Found Session Road! (Eventually.) And got completely overwhelmed. So many people! So much noise! Ate some kakanin (Filipino snacks), managed to somehow talk a vendor into giving me two servings, which was a victory.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at Oh My Gulay! This place… it’s an experience. Vegetarian Heaven! The ambiance is all fairy lights and driftwood. The food? Delicious, but also so healthy I felt slightly guilty I wasn't running a marathon. I mean, I could probably run one if I wasn't so easily distracted by shiny things. Had a mild panic attack thinking about how much I love junk food.
  • 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Exhausted. Brain fried. But… strangely happy. Baguio, you weird and wonderful place, I think I might actually like you. The altitude, the people, the food… Baguio is my new favorite place!

Day 2: Mines View, Misadventures, and Moral Dilemmas

  • 9:00 AM: Woke up feeling surprisingly energetic. (Maybe that healthy dinner worked!) Headed to Mines View Park. Tourist central! The views were amazing. Really, seriously breathtaking. The mountains, the sky… it’s a postcard.
  • 10:00 AM: Got bamboozled into taking a photo with a St. Bernard. He was massive, and the photographer kept yelling “pose! pose!” until I felt like my face was going to crack. The photo cost PHP 100 and the dog looked like he was in a never-ending nightmare. I felt terrible. Definitely a tourist trap, but I had the photo. sigh. Maybe not the best decision I've ever made.
  • 11:00 AM: Explored the various stalls at the park. Bought a questionable “authentic” Baguio weave bag. Probably fake. Regretted it even before I paid for it. But the colors! The textures! I’m a sucker for a good souvenir.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Ate at a carinderia (small eatery) near the park. Had sisig (chopped pig's face) with egg. It was fantastic. Absolutely devoured it. No regrets. My stomach is still okay!
  • 1:00 PM: Did some shopping at the public market. The place was a bit intimidating, but, hey, I'm a tough cookie! (Or, you know, maybe a half-baked cookie.) Found some delicious strawberries. And got completely ripped off on a "souvenir". It was the wrong size! A bad purchase, but one I can't return. My bad!
  • 2:30 PM: Visited the Baguio City Public Market. Oh man, the smells! The sights! The people! Managed to navigate my way through the chaos. The produce was amazing, so many varieties of fruits and vegetables I've never seen before. Purchased a bag of strawberries on the way out. (Because… strawberries.)
  • 4:00 PM: Walked to Burnham Park. It's cute! Rented a swan boat. Which was more effort than I anticipated. The swan boat was a beast! I felt like I was going to capsize. I ended up laughing so hard, I nearly fell in! The whole thing was a hilarious disaster.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at Forest House. Went for burgers. This was a moment of pure indulgence. Seriously good burgers. Didn't take any pictures, because, you know, food coma.
  • 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Debriefing with my journal. Feeling a bit melancholic. Realized I’m not going to be able to fit all my souvenirs in my luggage. Baguio is making me question everything. And I love it.

Day 3: Revisiting, Regrets, and the Road Home

  • 9:00 AM: Went back to Mines View Park (against better judgment.) Wanted a do-over! Maybe a different photo with a different dog. The sun felt better! I saw so many smiling tourists with their pets.
  • 10:00 AM: Tried to bargain for a souvenir. Got yelled at. Maybe I am not a natural bargainer.
  • 11:00 AM: Had a hot chocolate at a cafe. The hot chocolate was okay. Coffee, on the other hand… Maybe I need to build up to the coffee, given how sensitive I am to the altitude.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a carinderia again! The sisig was waiting for me. I am not sure if it's a good thing that my waiter recognized me.
  • 1:00 PM: Packed!
  • 2:00 PM: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Bought more strawberries.
  • 3:00 PM: Left Baguio. The bus ride was less dreadful this time. Maybe because I was exhausted from all the walking.
  • 9:00 PM: Back in Manila. Home. Feeling sad, confused, and strangely exhilarated. Baguio, you beautiful, bewildering city, you have officially gotten under my skin. I’ll be back. And next time, I’m going to try for the coffee.
Lucknow's BEST Hotel Near Munshi Pulia Metro? (Greenview Inn Review!)

Book Now

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Unbelievable Baguio Adventure: Your Dream Grand Vacation Awaits! (But seriously… is it?) – FAQs, Unfiltered!

So, this "Unbelievable Baguio Adventure"... is it *actually* unbelievable? Like, in a good way? Because I've been burned by travel hype before...

Okay, look, let's be real. "Unbelievable" is a strong word. And honestly? Sometimes Baguio *can* be a bit...believable. Like, you get stuck in crazy traffic, your Insta-perfect coffee gets cold before you can snap a pic, and the *weather* is… well, it’s Baguio weather, which means you might get rained on while simultaneously sweating. But! (and this is a big but)… Yes, sometimes, it *is* unbelievable. Like, remember that time I was eating ube halaya at the market, and the vendor, this tiny old lady with the sweetest smile, just *handed* me a whole, extra container, because I “looked like I needed it”? Pure gold, right there. THAT’S unbelievable. Also, the views from Mines View Park… yeah, they're pretty breathtaking. Even when it’s misty and you can barely see anything, there's a certain… *something* that’s magical. So, yeah. Believe in "mostly unbelievable."

What's the *absolute best* time to go? Avoid the crowds, please! (I hate crowds.)

Okay, avoiding crowds in Baguio is like trying to herd cats on a trampoline. Almost impossible. But… you can *try*. The dreaded Holy Week? Run. Forget it. Christmas? Forget it, again. Panagbenga Festival in February? Beautiful, but prepare for a human tidal wave. Your best bet? Shoulder seasons! (Wow, that sounds professional!) Think March-April before the summer rush really kicks in, or maybe September-October after the rainy season (hopefully) calms down. BUT – and this is crucial – always, ALWAYS, check the local events calendar. There's *always* something happening in Baguio. So prepare to suffer a little. OR… go on a random Tuesday in June, and pray for the best.

Are there any specific activities, or things to do I *absolutely* shouldn't miss? Like, MUST-SEE-DO stuff?

Okay, the MUST-DO list is a bit subjective, but here's my take: * **Burnham Park:** Classic, yes, but still a winner. Rent a boat on the lake (be prepared to laugh at your own paddling skills!), and wander around. * **Mines View Park:** The view is incredible, seriously. Brace yourself for a LOT of people jostling for selfies. The vendors selling all the souvenirs are, let’s just say, persistent. * **Session Road:** The heart of the city. It's chaotic, it's loud, it's full of traffic, BUT it's where you find the best restaurants (and the best people-watching!). * **Strawberry Farm (La Trinidad):** Okay, this isn’t *technically* in Baguio, but take a jeepney and go. It's pure joy. Pick your own strawberries, eat strawberry ice cream. You *will* get sticky. You *will* love it. I swear, I almost cried from happiness the last time I was there. The strawberries were that good.

Let’s talk food. Where’s the best place to EAT? I need recommendations!

Oh, food! Finally, my jam! Baguio’s got a ton of great eats, but here's a mini-rant of sorts: the food scene is also... changing. Some old favorites close, new ones pop up. It's a constant rollercoaster, but here are some places I’m currently obsessed with (and that *usually* stay open): * **Oh My Gulay:** Vegetarian, artsy, and in a quirky building made to look like a forest. It's touristy, sure, but charming as heck. The food is pretty good especially if you're a vegetarian like me, though you have to brave the never-ending stairs. * **Cafe by the Ruins:** The atmosphere is amazing. Everything’s delicious. Be prepared to queue! It's popular for a reason. * **Good Taste Cafe & Restaurant:** HUGE portions, super affordable. Think comfort food heaven. Be VERY hungry when you go! * **Forest House Bistro & Cafe:** On the fancier side, but the ambiance is magical. Perfect for a romantic evening or just a delicious treat. * **Street food!:** PLEASE, for the love of all things delicious, try the street food! The *taho* (warm tofu pudding) is a MUST. Even if you hate tofu, try it. You'll thank me later. And the *kwek kwek* vendors are life!

Is Baguio expensive? I'm on a budget!

Baguio can be as expensive or inexpensive as you want it to be. **Accommodation:** You can find budget-friendly hostels, or you can splurge on a fancy hotel. Do your research, book in advance, and be prepared to compromise! **Food:** Street food is SUPER cheap. Restaurants can range from affordable to seriously pricey. It all depends on where you go. **Transportation:** Jeepneys are dirt cheap! Taxis can rack up the bills, especially in traffic (which is, again, constant! Welcome to Baguio!). **Activities:** Walking around and enjoying the sights is free! (Except maybe the cost of the snacks you’ll inevitability buy!) Some attractions have entry fees. So, if you're on a budget, learn to love the parks and the free views.

What should I pack? I’m clueless!

Okay, PACKING. This is crucial. Baguio weather is… a fickle beast. * **Layers, layers, layers!** Seriously. You might be sweating one minute, freezing the next. Pack a sweater, a light jacket, a scarf, and maybe even a thin beanie. * **Comfortable shoes:** You'll be doing a lot of walking. Say goodbye to your stilettos! (Unless you *really* want to try and navigate Session Road in them… good luck!) Hiking boots or sturdy sneakers are your best friends. * **An umbrella or rain jacket:** It *will* rain. Guaranteed. * **Sunscreen:** Yes, even when it’s cloudy! The sun can still be sneaky. * **A power bank:** You'll be taking tons of photos. Your phone will drain fast. * **Cash:** Not all places accept cards, especially the smaller shops and street vendors. * **A sense of adventure:** Because Baguio is an adventure! (And you might need it when you're stuck in traffic for an hour.)

Okay, I'm sold! But how do I get around? Public transport and such...

Getting around Baguio is… an experience. * **Jeepneys:** Your best, cheapestHotel Haven Now

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines

Baguio Grand Vacation Baguio Philippines