Escape to Paradise: Borgo I Vicelli's Adults-Only Italian Retreat

Borgo I Vicelli Adults Only Relais Bagno A Ripoli Italy

Borgo I Vicelli Adults Only Relais Bagno A Ripoli Italy

Escape to Paradise: Borgo I Vicelli's Adults-Only Italian Retreat

Escape to Paradise: My Not-So-Perfect, But Totally Awesome, Italian Escape (and Why You Should Book It)

Alright, let's be honest. Planning a getaway can feel like navigating a labyrinth. You want escape, right? Total, blissful escape. You crave a place that whispers dolce vita in your ear, a place where emails are banished, and the only itinerary involves sunshine and Aperol spritzes. Well, folks, I think I found it.

I’m talking about Borgo I Vicelli's Adults-Only Italian Retreat. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn't perfect, but it was… well, it was Italian. And that, my friends, is a solid starting point. This isn't going to be a sterile, cookie-cutter review. Prepare for real talk, a little bit of rambling (hey, it’s about escape, right?), and my unvarnished opinion. Buckle up.

First Impressions (and the Quest for Accessibility):

Right off the bat, the adults-only thing? Huge win. No screaming toddlers, no splashing, no… you get the picture. Pure, unadulterated relaxation. Now, accessibility. This is important, and I'm going to be brutally honest: Accessibility is a bit… patchy. They do list "Facilities for disabled guests" and an elevator, but I didn't see super explicit details. Do call them directly if this is a major need. My initial thought? Check that vital box before falling in love with the Aperol Spritz menu.

Rooms & Amenities: The Good, the Great, and the "Where's the Remote?"

My room? Pretty darn sweet. Air conditioning blessed me in the Tuscan heat. Free Wi-Fi? Yep, good. Everywhere. The room was clean and well-maintained. The blackout curtains are a godsend come morning and I even managed to find a little balcony. The bed, too, was wonderfully comfortable. Coffee/tea maker in the room? Check. Refrigerator for that inevitable bottle of Prosecco? Double check.

Now, here's where it gets delightfully Italian. The bathroom was a bit… quirky. I’m talking about a shower that might have leaked a tiny bit, and the TV remote was a ghost. But hey, you're in Italy. Imperfection is part of the charm, right? I was in it for the bathrobes!

Let's Talk About Pampering (and the Lack of Perfection):

Okay, let's dive into the spa. This is where Borgo I Vicelli really shines.

  • Spa/sauna, Steamroom, and Massage: all available.
  • Pool with view: Yes, multiple times. The outdoor swimming pool is stunning, a real showstopper with that view.
  • Fitness center: Had the basics but not the most comprehensive.

But here's the thing. I went for a massage. Oh, the massage. The masseuse was very good, but the background ambiance was… what to say… loud. The staff made it seem that there are no options to ask for a quiet corner. Still a memorable experience.

Food, Glorious Food (and Where to Find It):

This is Italy, people. The food needs to be good, and at Borgo I Vicelli, it generally is.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: A decent spread, but I'm a sucker for a good omelet station and I found none.
  • Restaurants: A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
  • Poolside bar: Perfect for those afternoon cocktails. Happy hour was, well, happy.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Brilliant. Ideal for those late-night cravings.
  • Snack bar: Perfect for a quick bite.

Safety, Cleanliness, and the New Normal:

They're taking hygiene seriously. I saw the anti-viral cleaning products, the professional-grade sanitizing services, and the daily disinfection in common areas. Hand sanitizer was everywhere. And they were using individually-wrapped food options.

Things to Do (Beyond Napping by the Pool):

So, you're not just going to lie around, right? (Probably).

  • Sauna, Spa/Sauna
  • Things to do: This is an area where the website could be more explicit. Beyond the pool and some spa treatments, I feel like the area itself needs more details if there are other activities around the area.

Hidden Perks & Quirky Services

  • Couple's room: Perfect for a romantic getaway.
  • Proposal spot: If you're feeling the romance, the setting couldn't be better!

The Verdict (and Why You Should Book, Even with the Imperfections):

Look, Borgo I Vicelli isn't perfect. But honestly? That's part of its charm. The beauty of Italy? It's not about flawless perfection. It's about the sun-drenched days, the relaxed atmosphere, the incredible food, and the sheer, unadulterated pleasure of being.

Here's Why You Should Book:

  • Adults-Only Bliss: Peace and quiet! Bliss!
  • Stunning Location: The views alone are worth it. You might just sit in them for hours, drinking a glass of wine.
  • Delicious Food: That Tuscan cuisine? Che meraviglia!
  • Seriously Relaxing Spa: Indulge. You deserve it.
  • Excellent Value for Money: Especially when you factor in the overall experience.

My (Stream-of-Consciousness) Offer to You:

Escape the madness. Ditch the deadlines. Tell your boss you’re busy. Borgo I Vicelli is calling. The sun is shining, the wine is flowing, and the only thing on your to-do list should be enjoying yourself.

Here’s a little something to sweeten the deal, a nudge in the right direction:

  • Special Offer: Book a stay of 5 nights or more and receive a complimentary bottle of local Chianti wine on arrival plus a 10% discount on spa treatments.
  • Limited Time: This offer is for a limited time only, so don't delay!
  • Make it Happen: Book it Now! Look, life's too short. Book your escape to paradise today and let Borgo I Vicelli work their Italian magic. You deserve it. Ciao!

(P.S. Forget my ramblings. Just go. You'll thank me later.)

Millennium City's BEST Hotel? AVA's Secret Revealed!

Book Now

Borgo I Vicelli Adults Only Relais Bagno A Ripoli Italy

Borgo I Vicelli Adults Only Relais Bagno A Ripoli Italy

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is Borgo I Vicelli, Italy… and it's about to get real.

The Relais: Where Dreams (and Wine) Are Made (or, More Likely, Drunk)

Let's be honest, I booked this place because of the photos. Like, seriously gorgeous Tuscan rolling hills, infinity pool overlooking… everything. And the "adults only" thing? Pure genius. No screaming kids, just the promise of blissful silence, interrupted only by the clinking of glasses and the gentle hum of… well, me, probably, mumbling about how perfect everything is.

Day 1: Arrival - The Glorious Mess Begins

  • Morning (ish): Arrive at Florence Airport (FLR). Okay, fine, my flight was delayed. Again. But hey, at least the airline gave a free breakfast-in-a-box with a croissant that tasted suspiciously like cardboard. Grumbling commences. Grab a rental car – a Fiat 500 because, when in Tuscany, you must. Immediately get horribly lost navigating the narrow, cobblestone streets because the GPS is a liar. Panic lightly. Eventually, find the Relais.
  • Afternoon: OMG. The photos didn't lie. This place is stunning. The villa is impossibly charming with views that will literally make you gasp. Check in: a delightful Italian woman with a smile as warm as the Tuscan sun welcomes me. Immediately feel the stress melt away. I swear, even the air smells better here. Settle into my room – a beautifully decorated space, complete with a balcony and I'm pretty sure there's a secret mini bar. (Okay, maybe not secret, but the first thing I saw). Pop open a bottle of prosecco (the mini bar is not the only one I have) and stand on that balcony for a good hour, just breathing. Bliss.
  • Evening: Dinner at the Relais restaurant. Ordered the truffle pasta, because when in Rome (or, you know, Borgo I Vicelli) eat all the truffle things. The pasta was divine. I could taste the Tuscan countryside in every bite. I might have also finished the whole bottle of wine. Oops. Fell into a happy, wine-soaked sleep.

Day 2: Wine, Wanderlust, and Walls That Talk (Maybe)

  • Morning: Wake up. Head pounding slightly (ahem), but the view immediately puts it in perspective. Decide to embrace the "recovery" with a leisurely breakfast of fresh fruit, pastries, and the strongest coffee I've had in ages. Vow to drink more water.
  • Late Morning: Wine tasting at a nearby vineyard. This was the main reason for my trip. The owner, a grizzled but charming dude named Marco, led us through a tasting. I learned about tannins, terroirs, and how to swish like a pro (still working on that last one). The Chianti Classico was incredible. So good, I purchased a case to take home.
  • Afternoon: After the wine tasting, drive to Greve-in-Chianti. Attempt to "get lost" in the town and simply wander around. Fell in love with the charming piazza and the deli - which I visited multiple times. Found a hidden little artisan shop. Bought WAY too many leather goods. Don't regret a thing.
  • Evening: Back at the Relais, ordered pizza from the restaurant and devoured it on my balcony. The pizza was the best I've ever eaten. Watched the sunset paint the sky in shades of orange and purple, and felt an overwhelming sense of peace. Life is, surprisingly, very good. Finished the night with another glass of wine and read on my balcony.

Day 3 and 4: Florence…and Some Regrets

  • Day 3 - Florence. The Uffizi Gallery! The Duomo! The Ponte Vecchio! Yes, I did all of it. It was overwhelming. Crowded. Beautiful. I saw the David. It was… a marble statue. You know, what else is there to say? Stood in line for a very long time. The gelato was worth it. Seriously, the gelato. Walked. Watched the sunset over the Arno. It was magical. More wine, naturally. Stayed in Florence, in a hotel, because going back to the Relais seemed like too much of a commitment.
  • Day 4 - Honestly, my trip really, really started to decline. The exhaustion from Florence, plus the general wine-induced haze, led towards a disaster. I booked a cooking class! I went to a cooking class! The instructor was lovely. I set the kitchen on fire. Not really, but I definitely almost burned the pasta and then got so flustered I probably looked like a total idiot. I ate the results, which were mostly edible, and then went back to my hotel room in the middle of Florence and ordered room service. Then I slept.

Day 5: Rebirth (and a Return to Bliss)

  • Morning: Check out, return to the Relais. The second I walked through the gates, I felt the tension just melt away. Found a massage to work out every knot in my back. Then I swam in the infinity pool, staring at the rolling hills, and all was right with the world.
  • Afternoon: Lounged by the pool, reading and drinking iced coffee. Considered doing absolutely nothing but that for the rest of my trip.
  • Evening: Final dinner at the Relais. Ordered the steak Florentine. The steak was perfect, every bit as good as the truffle pasta. I savoured every bite and drank with a sense of gratitude for the entire experience. Watched the stars over the Tuscan hills. Said goodnight to the peaceful land.

Day 6: Departure - Goodbye, Sweet Tuscany!

  • Morning: One last glorious breakfast on the balcony, soaking up those views. Packed my bags, feeling a mixture of sadness and contentment. Say goodbye to the staff (who are now like family).
  • Afternoon: Drive back to Florence airport. Reflect on my trip. Sure, it wasn't perfect, and I definitely made some questionable decisions (ahem, Florence). But the beauty, the food, the wine, the peace of Borgo I Vicelli, it was all worth it.
  • Evening: Flight home. Already planning my return. You can be sure of it.

Messy Notes & Unsolicited Advice

  • Rent a Car: The freedom to explore is essential. Just try not to get horribly lost like I did.
  • Learn Basic Italian: Even a few phrases make a difference. "Grazie" and "un bicchiere di vino, per favore" are your best friends.
  • Embrace the Spontaneity: Don't over-plan. Some of the best experiences happen when you just wander, and get lost.
  • Pack comfortable shoes: You'll be doing a lot of walking. And, seriously, pack shoes that feel good.
  • Don't Skimp on the Wine: You are in Tuscany, after all. It's practically a duty.
  • Take time for yourself. That balcony, the pool, the sunset, that moment of silence drinking a glass of wine - that is the magic.

And that, my friends, is the imperfect, glorious truth of a week in Tuscany. Now go, and may your own adventures be filled with as much wine, laughter, and questionable decisions as possible. Arrivederci!

9homestay Muar: Your DREAM Muar Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Borgo I Vicelli Adults Only Relais Bagno A Ripoli Italy

Borgo I Vicelli Adults Only Relais Bagno A Ripoli Italy