Unbelievable Bastar Greens Eco Stays: Your Jagdalpur Jungle Paradise Awaits!

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Unbelievable Bastar Greens Eco Stays: Your Jagdalpur Jungle Paradise Awaits!

Unbelievable Bastar Greens: My Jungle Paradise…with a Few Quirks (But Mostly Paradise!) - A Totally Honest Review

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the (chai) tea on Unbelievable Bastar Greens Eco Stays. This isn't your sanitized, corporate review. This is real – the good, the slightly less good, and the "OMG, I need to go back right now!" kind of real.

First Impressions & Accessibility: Getting There and Getting Around

Getting to Jagdalpur itself is a bit of a pilgrimage – the drive from Raipur is…well, let's just say it tests your bladder capacity. Thankfully, Unbelievable Bastar Greens offers airport transfer. Thank GOD. That’s a huge win. Especially after the, ahem, long journey. They've got a decent car park, too, which is another bonus given the location. Now, the website says facilities for disabled guests. I didn't specifically need them, so I can’t make a definitive statement. I would recommend contacting them beforehand if this is a crucial need; double-check the specifics. But the access to the main building, dining areas at least seemed okay.

The Room – My Sanctuary (Mostly!):

My room? Heavenly. Seriously. The air conditioning practically purred (and was a lifesaver!), the bed was an extra-long, sink-into-it-and-never-leave-again kind of affair, and the blackout curtains… chef’s kiss. Needed a solid sleep. All the usual suspects were there: complimentary bottled water (essential!), coffee/tea maker (also essential!), and a mini bar (temptation incarnate!). The Wi-Fi? Free and readily available in the room (praise the internet gods!). It got a bit spotty in the evenings, but hey, you're in the jungle! I actually appreciated the break.

But… (There's Always a But, Isn’t There?)

The bathroom. Okay, it was clean, and I dug all the toiletries provided, but my shower…well, the water pressure could have been better. And the mirror fogged up instantly. Annoying, yes. Deal-breaker? Absolutely not.

Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hiccup):

Honestly, the food at Unbelievable Bastar Greens blew me away. The Asian breakfast? To die for. The pancakes, the fresh fruit… it was the perfect start to the day. They also do a pretty great Western breakfast. Their in-house restaurant offers an a la carte, buffet and even has a vegetarian restaurant. The staff were super accommodating for alternative meal arrangements (my weak stomach's a nightmare sometimes!), which was a huge plus. The dining area itself was all open-air and breezy. Dining under the stars? Magical! The snack bar was a lifesaver for afternoon hunger pangs. The coffee shop was pretty good, too, with coffee/tea to keep you going.

The Spa & Relaxation – Where I Lost All Track of Time:

Here's where Unbelievable Bastar Greens truly shines. The spa is exquisite. The pool with a view? Spectacular. The sauna and steam room were perfect for unwinding after a trek…or even if you just feel like it. I indulged in a body scrub and massage. Oh. My. God. I'm still floating. They also have a fitness center, if you're that sort of person (I’m not, but hey, options!).

On-Site Dining: Fueling the Fun

There’s a bar and poolside bar for when you’re ready for a drink, and the happy hour really makes you happy. I’m talking about the restaurants which are top notch. I mean, you can’t go wrong with the food.

Things to Do (or Not Do, Your Choice!):

Honestly, this is where the "Unbelievable" part of the name really kicks in. They organize all sorts of activities, but I mostly just wanted to chill. But, there is a whole laundry list of things to do with the resort.

  • Spa: I have no idea what this place is on. You'll want to spend all your time here. Get away from the world and get some amazing massages.

Cleanliness & Safety – Feeling Safe and Sound:

Okay, in the wake of you-know-what, cleanliness is everything. Unbelievable Bastar Greens takes it seriously. They've got all the bells and whistles – hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained in safety protocol, rooms sanitized, and they even use anti-viral cleaning products. They follow physical distancing guidelines, and you can opt-out of room sanitization if you prefer (I didn't – I'm paranoid!). Honestly, I felt completely secure. They also have a Doctor/nurse on call.

For the Kids (and the Kid in You!):

I travelled solo, but it's clear this place is family-friendly. They have babysitting services, kid's facilities, and kids' meals.

Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Make a Big Difference:

They have a 24-hour front desk, daily housekeeping (thank you, angels of cleanliness!), laundry service, and luggage storage. Essential condiments are available, what ever you want. They also offer contact-less check-in/out, which makes things super easy.

The Quirks and Imperfections (Because Nobody's Perfect):

Look, no place is flawless. The internet was a bit weak sometimes, and the shower could be improved. But honestly, those are minor gripes.

The Verdict: My Unbelievable Recommendation

Unbelievable Bastar Greens Eco Stays is a gem. Yes, it has its quirks, but the stunning location, the incredible spa, the delicious food, and the genuine warmth of the staff more than make up for it. It's a place to disconnect from the world, reconnect with nature, and reconnect with yourself. I left feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and already planning my return.

Here's my offer for you:

Escape to Unbelievable Bastar Greens: Your Jungle Getaway Starts Now!

Book your stay at Unbelievable Bastar Greens Eco Stays and experience:

  • Luxury and Comfort: Pamper yourself in our luxurious rooms with free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and extra-long beds.
  • Ultimate Relaxation: Indulge in our world-class spa, offering massages, body scrubs, and more.
  • Culinary Delights: Savor delicious Asian and Western cuisine at our in-house restaurant and snack bar.
  • Jungle Adventures: Explore the beauty of Bastar with our organized activities or simply unwind in the tranquility of nature.
  • Safety and Peace of Mind: Rest assured with our stringent hygiene protocols and trained staff.

Book now and receive a complimentary welcome drink and a special discount on spa treatments! Use code "JUNGLEESCAPE" at checkout.

Don't wait! Your unforgettable jungle paradise awaits! (And, trust me, it's unbelievable.)

Dumaguete Dream: Unbelievable Beachfront Penthouse Awaits!

Book Now

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Okay, buckle up, because this isn't your average travel itinerary. This is a trip to Bastar Greens Eco Stays in Jagdalpur, India, seen through the bleary eyes (and rumbling stomach) of yours truly. Prepare for a wild ride.

Bastar Blast: An Unfiltered Journey (aka, Me vs. The Jungle)

Day 1: Arrival & Arrival-Is-This-Really-Happening-Arrival

  • Morning (ish) - The Dreaded Journey Begins: Okay, let's be honest. Getting to Jagdalpur is a saga. Hours on a groaning train, smelling of stale samosas and… well, let's just say "a lot of people." My back already feels like it's on a permanent holiday. Swallowing back the urge to rage-quit at the first whiff of a questionable bathroom on the way.
  • Afternoon - The Eco-Stay Revelation: Finally! We arrive at Bastar Greens. Pictures online? Glorious. Reality? Still glorious, but with a healthy dose of "is this real life?" Thatched-roof cottages, lush greenery… it’s like stepping into a living, breathing postcard. The air is thick with the scent of something I can't quite place, but I'm pretty sure it involves a hint of blissful serenity. I'm immediately charmed. But also, I'm very hungry.
  • Late Afternoon - Food, Glorious, Heavenly Food: Oh. my. god. The mess hall. Okay, maybe not a mess, but the dining area. They have a buffet style, mostly featuring local food, and it's seriously good. Like, "I'm-going-to-eat-until-my-buttons-pop" good. I'm talking about the chakna, lal bhaji, petha, and pulao. The only problem is the constant buzzing of flies at the buffet table. It could do with some improvement there. The staff are a little shy, but incredibly sweet.
  • Evening - Sunset Shenanigans (and Mosquito Mayhem): Sunset over the Bastar landscape. Okay, I take back everything I said about the journey. This is why I travel. The colors… unreal. But then the mosquitoes descend. Oh, the mosquitoes! I feel like I became a walking buffet. Lesson learned: DEET is my new best friend.
  • Night – The "I Don't Want To Believe It" Shower: The bathroom in the cottage is rustic. Which is fine. Because the shower has just enough water pressure to make me feel like I'm gently being misted and I can never seem to find the hot water. It also seems like the drains are also not draining efficiently. I just hope there are no cockroaches.

Day 2: The Chitrakote Waterfall Chaos (and My Inner Child Unleashed)

  • Morning - Coffee, Contemplation, and a Slight Panic: The coffee is surprisingly good. And strong. I wander out onto the veranda, feeling all zen. Then, the "what if…" thoughts kick in. What if I'm terrible at this whole "traveling" thing? What if I get eaten by a tiger (highly unlikely, I know, but still)? Breathe. Deep breaths.
  • Mid-Morning - Chitrakote! The Niagara of India: Okay, THIS is why you come. Chitrakote Falls. The sheer power, the roar of the water, the spray… Wow. Just. Wow. I spend a good hour just staring, completely mesmerized. I may or may not have briefly considered skinny-dipping, but the sheer number of other people put a stop to that particular fantasy.
  • Lunch - (Almost) Lost in Translation: We're eating lunch at a small dhaba near the falls. It's… an experience. They don't speak much English. I don't speak much Hindi. But somehow, through a combination of pointing, gestures, and a whole lot of laughter, we manage to order delicious vegetarian food. The food is awesome, but the flies are a nuisance again.
  • Afternoon -- Double Down on The Waterfall: I walked back to the waterfall. The water felt fresh. I threw some pebbles in the water. Sat close and observed it. This time, I felt a lot more content. I did not want to leave.
  • Late Afternoon - The Drive of Death (Maybe): Our driver… well, he has a unique driving style. Let’s just say he treats the bumpy roads like a roller coaster. I'm pretty sure my internal organs are currently doing a conga line. At one point, I actually squeezed my eyes shut so hard I thought I might see a small, colorful explosion. And I'm not the only one. I saw some other people with the same horrified looks. Thankfully, we made it back in one piece.
  • Evening - A Bonfire… and Mosquitoes, Again: Tonight, a bonfire! The staff puts out a campfire. The atmosphere is perfect. We’re roasting some corn, sharing stories, and laughing. Of course, the mosquitoes are out in force, so I'm practically wearing a force field of bug spray. No regrets. Good company.

Day 3: The Tribal Village Trek (and My Clumsy Feet)

  • Morning - The Morning Trek: The morning trek is scheduled and we set out with our guide. The walk to the tribal village is a long one.
  • Mid-Morning - The Tribal Village Visit: We visit a tribal village. They're mostly Maria people. This is an eye-opening experience, and I won't go into too much detail out of respect for their culture. But it’s an experience you will not regret. It is important to show respect.
  • Lunch - (Almost) Lost in Translation: The staff seems to prepare lunch as we're ready. The food is awesome but the flies. Oh the flies. We spend our time shooing them away.
  • Afternoon -- Back To The Eco Stay: Back to the eco stay. I feel a little tired. I feel like I'm getting the hang of this.
  • Evening - The "I Don't Want To Believe It" Shower: Part 2: The bathroom in the cottage feels the same. The shower pressure is less than desired. The water is cold again. I just hope there are no cockroaches.

Day 4: Departure (with Mixed Emotions)

  • Morning - Last Breakfast Feast: One last delicious breakfast. I’m going to miss this food. I overeat. I regret nothing.
  • Mid-Morning - Farewells & Reflections: Saying goodbye to Bastar Greens. I am sad to leave. But also, I’m definitely ready for a real shower and a bed that doesn’t feel like it's made of rough-hewn wood.
  • Afternoon - The Journey Back (the Samosa Smell Returns and the Back Pain Kicks Back In): Ugh. The journey back. The train is late, the air is heavy, and the samosa smell is back. I’m already planning my next escape. Maybe somewhere without mosquitoes. Maybe not. Because even with all the chaos, Bastar… It just gets to you.
  • Evening - Home!: Finally home. I'm dirty, tired, and covered in bug bites. But also, I’m full of stories.
  • Night - Dreaming of Waterfalls and (Hopefully) No Mosquitoes: I close my eyes, and the waterfall roars in my head. And I pray for no mosquitoes in my dreams.

Final Thoughts (or, Ramblings of a Slightly Exhausted Traveler):

This trip wasn't perfect. There were moments of frustration, moments of sheer terror (that drive!), and moments of intense self-doubt. But it was also… incredible. I saw things, felt things, and experienced things that I’ll never forget. The food was amazing, the people were kind, and the landscape… well, the landscape stole my heart.

So, would I recommend Bastar Greens Eco Stays? Absolutely. Just bring the bug spray, embrace the mess, and prepare to be amazed. And if you see a tall, slightly disoriented traveler hiding from mosquitoes, come say hello. I'll probably have a story to tell.

Escape to Paradise: Bali's Hidden Gem Awaits at OYO 93604 Hepi Bungalow!

Book Now

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Unbelievable Bastar Greens Eco Stays: Your Jagdalpur Jungle Paradise Awaits! ... Or Does It?!

Okay, Seriously, What *IS* Bastar Greens Eco Stays Like? Is it Actually 'Paradise'?

Paradise? Hmmm... Let's pump the brakes on that a little. It's *gorgeous*. The jungle is seriously jaw-dropping. Think... thick green, the kind that smells all earthy and damp and makes you feel like you've walked into a David Attenborough documentary. But "paradise"? Well, depends on your definition. My definition includes air conditioning, which – spoiler alert – can be a bit hit-or-miss (more miss, truth be told). You're *in* the jungle people! Expect bugs. Expect the occasional power outage. Expect, maybe, a lizard or two. I met a particularly bold one! He was right there on my bed, staring me down. I screamed - let me be honest. It was not my finest moment.

It's rustic. Think eco-luxury with a healthy dose of 'adventurous'. It's a world away from your cookie-cutter resort, and for some, that's exactly what they need. But if you need constant connectivity and perfectly polished marble floors, maybe this isn't your jam.

Is it Actually Eco-Friendly? Like, REALLY?

They *try*! Honestly, they take it pretty seriously. They use solar power where they can (hence the occasional power cut – remember that lizard-staring incident?). They emphasize local produce, which is fantastic, and they seem genuinely invested in supporting the local communities. They have these little bamboo huts, how cool is that?! I asked about the water usage and they showed me their system to manage and reuse it. However, perfection is hard to come by. While generally eco-friendly, being in the middle of the jungle still means a certain reliance on, well, things. Don't go expecting zero carbon footprint. Realistically, that's nearly impossible.

I'm a City Slicker. Will I Survive? (And by Survive, I Mean Not Freak Out.)

You *will* survive! Look, I'm a city slicker through and through. I spend my days glued to screens. But Bastar Greens... it did a number on me (in a good way). Okay, the first night was a bit rough. The sounds! The cicadas! I swear, they were trying to break my eardrums. I kept thinking there were monkeys trying to break in (nope, just cicadas, and maybe a monkey or two later, but it was fine!). But then, by day two, I was drinking chai on the veranda and watching the sun rise and the sounds of the jungle became a symphony. Okay, maybe not a symphony. Maybe an orchestra with a few off-key instruments but still, it was pretty special. Just go with it, you know? Embrace the messiness!

What’s the Food Like? Tell Me About the Food!

The food is... incredible! It's all about fresh, local ingredients. Remember those ladies that go through the village? They bring everything from local farms. You're talking authentic Bastar cuisine, and trust me, it's a flavor explosion. I mean, seriously, I could *live* on their dal. The cooks know what they're doing! But be ready for spice. And I *do* adore spice so trust me. Each day felt like a new adventure for my taste buds. They do try to cater to less adventurous eaters, but really? Try the local stuff! You came all this way! This is where I did stumble... I went in thinking my spice tolerance was above average and after one evening I was nearly blowing smoke alarms! (joking, but I was very red)

Are There Activities? What Can I *Do* Besides Try Not to Panic?

Oh, yes! You can go on nature walks, guided by local guides who know every bird call and leaf. You can visit historical sites (there are some seriously interesting temples around there). They offer village visits (a MUST - its a real eye-opener and allows you to appreciate the indigenous culture that thrives around it). You can even try your hand at some local crafts. The important thing is they have it all laid out for you, you can spend days doing it all or chilling at your hut with a book. If I'm being honest? I mostly chilled with a book. But then I felt so bad, judging me?

One day, though, was a game-changer. A local guide took us on a trek to this *massive* waterfall. The sound! The mist! The sheer power! It was overwhelming. We stood there, soaked to the bone (it rained!), staring at this untamed force of nature, and I felt... well, I felt incredibly small and ridiculously grateful. It was moments like these that made the whole experience worthwhile, bugs, power outages and all.

Okay, the Bugs. Just. Tell. Me. About. The. Bugs.

Look, there are bugs. They are part of the deal. Mosquitoes, in particular. The staff are pretty good at dealing with them, with mosquito nets and repellent. I’d recommend bringing your own, just in case. And maybe a bug spray that actually works, for the outdoor moments. One morning I encountered a giant, *GIANT* beetle on my veranda. I have no idea what it was. I did not stick around to find out. I'm not sure what it was! I screamed, I ran away. But look at it this way, they are not the issue, they are simply a part of the environment. So, you do need to get used to it, and maybe get some mental preparedness training beforehand.

Is it Easy to Get There? (I'm already imagining a treacherous journey.)

Getting *to* Jagdalpur is actually pretty manageable. You can fly there, or you can take a train. Then, it's a bit of a drive out to the eco-stay itself. The roads, let's just say, aren't always the smoothest. I'm not saying it's a bone-rattling, death-defying ride, but don't expect a perfectly paved highway the whole way. Pack some motion sickness pills, just in case. But honestly? The journey itself is part of the adventure. You'll see some incredible scenery on the way, and it's getting away from the chaos, which is one of the best parts really.

What About the Staff? Are They Nice? (And do they speak English?)

The staff are absolutely lovely! Seriously, some of the friendliest, most helpfulGlobetrotter Hotels

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India

Bastar Greens Eco Stays Jagdalpur India