Studio 89 Katipunan: Manila's Hottest New Hotspot!
Studio 89 Katipunan: Manila's Hottest New Hotspot? Let's Dive In! (Brace Yourself, It's Gonna Be Real.)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! I've just emerged from the gleaming, slightly intimidating, but ultimately intriguing world of Studio 89 Katipunan. Manila's "hottest new hotspot," they say. Well, let's dissect that claim like a perfectly poached egg (which, by the way, they nail at breakfast, more on that later). This isn't your cookie-cutter hotel review. This is the real, unfiltered, slightly scatterbrained experience.
First Impressions: The Arrival & the All-important Accessibility (and My Almost-Disaster)
Okay, Katipunan. It's a vibe. Bustling, youthful, a little bit chaotic – which, honestly, I secretly love. Finding the place was easy enough. The signage is clear, thank heavens. And accessibility? Yes! Okay, this is HUGE for me. I'm always side-eyeing places that claim to be "accessible" and then leave you wrestling with narrow doorways and impossible ramps. Studio 89 gets a gold star here. The elevators are spacious, the hallways are wide, and the on-site facilities, including the restaurants, seem genuinely designed with everyone in mind. HUGE win. Accessibility is key people!
But here's a confession: Upon arrival I did, and yes I'm ashamed to say this, I almost had my luggage stolen by a sly bellboy. The doorman was distracted by a beautiful girl and didn't see the bellboy almost take my luggage, I was so pissed I was sweating bullets! And it was a very good luggage. But, everything was fine, the staff got me settled quick after I made a fuss. And I had lots of luggage anyway.
The Room: Sanctuary or… Slightly Boxy Paradise?
My room? "Non-smoking," thank God, because the last thing I need is to be wheezing on my morning coffee. The décor is… modern. Very modern. Think clean lines, sleek surfaces, and a color palette that leans heavily on shades of grey. (Maybe a touch too grey for my taste, personally. I'm a sucker for a bit of color!) The bed? Heaven. Seriously, I could have spent the entire stay just horizontal. The blackout curtains? Absolutely essential for my sleep schedule which is totally out of whack because of the jetlag from traveling to the Phillippines. It was so dark, so comfortable, I literally didn’t move for 12 hours.
Room Highlights:
- Wi-Fi: Free and FAST (a must for my constant social media addiction! Seriously, you can't tell me a place has Wi-Fi without advertising it)
- Free bottled water: Hydration is key, people!
- The separate shower/bathtub: A win-win. I'm a shower-first kinda gal, but sometimes you just need a long soak.
- In-room safe: Peace of mind. Always.
- Additional Toilet
The Amenities: Spa Day Dreams and Gym Fails?
Okay, let's talk about the fun stuff.
- The Pool with a View: I didn't get a chance to use it (shame on me!), but it looked stunning. A sleek, inviting oasis amidst the city bustle. I could practically feel my stress melting away just looking at it. Next time, definitely.
- The Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: O-M-G. This is where I REALLY wish I'd had time. They offer body scrubs, body wraps, and a whole host of treatments. The thought of getting properly pampered after my (somewhat stressful journey) is making me giddy!
- Fitness Center: Cough. I peeked in. It looked… well-equipped. I have no personal anecdote to share about this location. I, uh, may or may not have found myself perfectly content with the in-room bathtub and the aforementioned bed. Let's call it self-care.
Food, Glorious Food! (And My Breakfast Revelation)
This is where Studio 89 truly shines. And, frankly, where I probably spent the most time.
- Breakfast (Takeaway & Buffet) - Pure Genius: This is something which I am incredibly excited to be able to review. You guys, the breakfast buffet is phenomenal. They've got everything you could possibly want: fresh fruit, pastries, a made-to-order omelet station (YES!), various traditional Filipino dishes that I was too embarrassed to try myself, and, and perfectly poached eggs. (Seriously! My heart skipped a beat!). They also have a takeaway option because, hey sometimes you're just too tired to deal with the buffet, ya know?
- Restaurants and Dining: A la carte dining, Asian cuisine/Western cuisine, Poolside bar, snack bar, and room service 24-hours.
- Coffee Shop: I grabbed a latte here, and it was perfect.
The Staff: Service with a Smile (and a Sanitizer Spray?)
The staff? Absolutely lovely. Friendly, attentive, and (thankfully!) very patient with my general fluster. They were all trained in safety protocols (hand sanitizer everywhere, check!), and you could tell they were taking the whole cleanliness thing seriously.
- Front Desk: 24 hours!
- Housekeeping: They provide daily cleaning which is very important.
Cleanliness and Safety: Covid-19 Era Realities:
This is important. Studio 89 isn't just pretending to be safe. They're going all-in. There's a plethora of:
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Anti-viral cleaning products
- Daily disinfection in common areas
- Individually wrapped food options
- Safe dining setup
They even offer room sanitization opt-out. Impressive. I felt genuinely safe and secure, which is a huge relief these days.
The Nitty Gritty: Services and Conveniences
Here's a quick rundown of the extras:
- Cash withdrawal (a lifesaver!)
- Concierge: Helpful for any queries.
- Elevator: essential..
- Daily housekeeping: Thank you!
- Luggage storage: For when you're as luggage-obsessed as I am.
- Air conditioning in public areas and rooms: Important, especially here
- Laundry service:
- Dry cleaning:
- Meeting/banquet facilities, and business facilities
- Gift/souvenir shop
- Cashless payment service: Perfect!
Things To Do & Getting Around
- Things to do: The hotel is close to some tourist attractions!
- Getting around: The hotel offers airport transfers! I was so excited to see that they have car parking on-site.
The Verdict: Is Studio 89 Katipunan Manila's "Hottest New Hotspot"?
Honestly? It's pretty darn close. It's definitely a contender. It's got the modern vibe, the killer amenities, especially the divine breakfast. The accessibility is a huge win, and the commitment to cleanliness and safety is reassuring. It's not perfect. (Every hotel has its quirks!) But it's a solid, stylish, and well-run establishment that caters to a wide range of travelers.
My Quirky Pro Tip: Plan to spend some serious time in that bed. You deserve it.
Now for the Pitch! (Book this hotel, you won't regret it!)
Tired of the same old boring hotel stays? Craving an escape that's both stylish and stress-free?
Then you NEED to book your stay at Studio 89 Katipunan!
Here's why you should click that "book now" button (like, immediately):
- Unbeatable Breakfast: Fuel your day with a buffet that'll make your tastebuds sing! The poached eggs alone are worth the trip.
- Ultimate Relaxation: Melt away your worries at the luxurious spa and pool. Seriously, picture yourself there. Heavenly!
- Safety First, Always: Rest easy knowing that Studio 89 is committed to your well-being with top-notch cleanliness and safety protocols.
- Perfect Accessibility: Everyone is welcome here, the hotel is designed with accessibility in mind.
- Prime Katipunan Location: Nestled in the heart of the action, you're close to everything!
- Complimentary Wi-Fi: Free and fast Wi-Fi, perfect for work or leisure!
- Amazing Staff: The staff is so polite and friendly.
Don't just take my word for it! Book your stay today and experience Manila's hottest new hotspot for yourself! You deserve it. You need it. So treat yourself! Use those hard-earned vacation days and treat yourself to a perfect stay!
[Link to Booking Portal with special rates and offers]
#Studio89Katipunan #ManilaHotels #TravelPhilippines #AccessibleTravel #LuxuryHotel #HotelReview #MustStay #BreakfastGoals #SpaLife #BookNow
Pavithra Paradise Bangalore: Your Dream Home Awaits!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, 'cause this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is Studio 89 in Katipunan, Manila, and we're about to get REAL. My travel itinerary, aka "The Attempted Escape from Reality (and Maybe Some Good Food)," is as follows:
Day 1: Arrival & The Agony of Anticipation (and Adobo Dreams)
- 14:00 (2:00 PM): Arrive at the airport. Oh, the joy. The sheer, gut-wrenching joy of navigating Manila traffic. Pray to the gods of Waze that my Grab car isn't a rusted-out jalopy. Honestly, I'm already sweating before I even get to Studio 89. Am I even ready for this?
- 16:00 (4:00 PM): Check-in to Studio 89. Hopefully, the room is as advertised on Instagram, which probably means I'm in for a disappointment. But hey, maybe the aircon works, and that's a win. I need aircon, because I'm a whiny baby and the Manila heat is a different beast.
- Anecdote:* I once stayed in a Manila "boutique hotel" that promised "rustic charm." What I got was a room that smelled vaguely of mildew and despair. Lesson learned: ALWAYS read the reviews, even if they're full of typos.*
- 17:00 (5:00 PM): Food, glorious food! I'm starving. The flight was a disaster of lukewarm airplane meals and crying babies. Need some serious Filipino comfort food to soothe my soul.
- Option 1: Head to a local carinderia near Studio 89. Risk it all with some authenticity (and potential food poisoning).
- Option 2: Find a decent-looking restaurant. Craving adobo. Seriously, if I don't get adobo, the trip is a failure. I will be a hangry monster.
- 19:00 (7:00 PM): Evening at the bar. Or, you know, whatever bar is closest. I need a drink. A strong drink.
- Quirky Observation: Filipinos. They know how to drink. It's a national pastime. I hope I can keep up. I mean, that's the idea here, yeah?
- Emotional Reaction: Okay, I'm already feeling a little overwhelmed. Being alone in a new place… I can do this. I have to do this. Deep breaths. Wine helps.
- 21:00 (9:00 PM): Collapse in bed. Sleep is the most important part.
- Imperfection: Before bed, I check my phone. Scroll through Instagram. Overthinking. I need to be present.
Day 2: Exploring the Katipunan Labyrinth and the Existential Crisis of Trying to be a "Traveler"
- 09:00 (9:00 AM): Wake up. (If I can, the jetlag is REAL). Coffee. Lots of coffee.
- 10:00 (10:00 AM): Actual exploring. Time to venture out. I guess I should get out there. Visit places on my list. See where it leads me.
- Opinionated Language: Katipunan is known for its universities. I don't go to university, what am I supposed to do? Pretend to study? Look for coffee shops? Are there museums?
- 12:00 (12:00 PM): Lunch. Gotta find a good lunch spot. Maybe a nice cafe to people-watch and pretend I'm a sophisticated traveler.
- 14:00 (2:00 PM): Find a coffee shop, a library or a spot to sit and people watch.
- 16:00 (4:00 PM): Back at Studio 89. Take a nap. Read. Scroll on the phone.
- 18:00 (6:00 PM): Go to the bar again. Because duh.
Day 3: Day Trip & The Question of My Own Sanity
- 07:00 (7:00 AM): Ugh, another early start.
- 09:00 (9:00 AM): Travel to somewhere outside of Katipunan.
- 17:00 (5:00 PM): Back at Studio 89, tired.
- 19:00 (7:00 PM): Dinner.
- 21:00 (9:00 PM): Bed.
Day 4: The Great Departure (Hopefully with a Tan and a Sense of Accomplishment…or at Least, Fewer Meldowns)
- 09:00 (9:00 AM): One last breakfast.
- 11:00 (11:00 AM): Packing is my worst nightmare.
- 12:00 (12:00 PM): Check-out, and head to the airport. Pray everything goes smoothly.
- 14:00 (2:00 PM): Flight! Freedom!
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: Honestly, I'm already stressed about the return flight. What if I miss it? What if I have to change it? What if the seatbelt won't fit? Deep breaths.
- Messier Structure: I might buy a souvenir. Probably something silly. Or maybe I'll pick up an awful, overpriced trinket and spend the whole next year trying not to lose it.
- Rambles: Why can't travel be easy? Why can't my life be easy? This journey is exhausting.
So, there you have it. My glorious, messy, probably-going-to-be-a-disaster-but-hopefully-a-fun-disaster itinerary for Studio 89. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it. And please, someone, remind me to drink water.
Almaty's Hidden London: A Shocking Oasis You Won't Believe Exists!Okay, folks, listen up! Studio 89 in Katipunan? Manila's "it" place right now? Yeah, I've been there. Several times. And let's just say... it's an experience. Buckle up, because this FAQ isn't your usual PR-approved drivel. We're going deep, people. We're going real.
What *is* Studio 89, anyway? Is it worth all the hype?
Alright, alright, so Studio 89 is basically a multi-faceted entertainment complex. Think nightclub, restaurant, and... well, a place to *be seen*. (Ugh, I hate that part.) It’s got a killer dance floor, the music is (mostly) banging, and it's packed with people who look like they've just stepped out of a skincare ad. Is it worth the hype? Honestly? Depends. Depends on your tolerance for crowds, your budget, and your desperation to… you know… be social. I'd say yes, but only if you have a good crew with you. Otherwise, you might feel like a lonely penguin on the North Pole.
Where is it located? Getting there is a nightmare, right?
Yep, it's smack-dab in the heart of Katipunan. And yes, getting there is a freakin' bloodbath. Traffic is a beast. If you're driving, good luck finding parking. Like, seriously, pray to the parking gods. I recommend taking a Grab or a taxi... and steeling yourself mentally. I once spent 45 minutes in a car inching towards the place, listening to the same five songs on the radio. By the time I got out, I was ready to spontaneously combust from frustration. That said, it's *so* close to the LRT-2 Katipunan station, which if you're lucky enough to time correctly, can be a lifesaver. But again, good luck with that.
What's the food and drink situation like? Expensive? Mediocre? Tell me the truth!
Okay, the drinks are... well, they're nightclub prices. You're gonna open your wallet and feel a little sting. The cocktails are decent, nothing mind-blowing. I've had some good ones, some so-so ones. And the beer? Cold, which is all that really matters after you've been dancing and sweating and generally feeling the burn. The food... that's where things get a little dicey. I've had some delicious stuff, and some stuff that made me question my life choices. The nachos are generally a safe bet. But, I once ordered a burger and it tasted like, I don't know… sadness and regret? I'm not exaggerating. Be prepared to spend, but also lower your expectations. Eat beforehand, just in case.
Do they have food for vegetarians or vegans?
Erhm... that depends. On one visit, they had a surprisingly good veggie pasta. The next? Nothing. Zilch. Nada. So, yeah, it's a gamble. Best to call ahead, or just eat before you go. You'll thank me later.
What kind of music do they play? Is it the DJ's fault?
Mostly, it's a mix of pop, EDM, and remixes of your favorite throwbacks. They try to keep things fresh, but let's be real: you're likely gonna hear "Mr. Brightside" at least once. Which, honestly, I'm okay with. Unless you're there for multiple hours, the DJ will be the reason why you'll be happy. The volume is also LOUD. So, if you’re sensitive to noise, bring earplugs. Or just embrace the tinnitus. Your call.
What's the overall vibe? Is it all about the aesthetics?
It's definitely a scene. Everyone’s trying to look their best, which, honestly, can be both inspiring and intimidating. The lighting is moody, the décor is sleek, and the whole place screams "Instagrammable!" But behind the glossy facade, it's just a bunch of people wanting to have a good time. And that's what it is, at its core. So if you're not into the whole "image" thing, don't worry too much about it. Just relax, have a drink, and try not to spill on the white couches.
Who goes to Studio 89? Is it full of... well, you know?
The crowd is primarily young professionals, students, and the (shudders) influencer types. There's also a mix of expats and tourists. Basically, it's a melting pot of humanity. You'll see people dressed to the nines, and people who clearly rolled out of bed and threw on whatever was closest. Don't judge. Just admire (or snicker at) the variety. The key is to be yourself. (Or at least, a slightly more polished version of yourself.)
Is it easy to meet people? Or am I gonna be awkwardly nursing a drink alone?
Alright, this is where things get interesting. It *can* be easy to meet people... if you're extroverted, confident, and maybe had a few beforehand. The music's loud, so conversations are usually shouted over the din, but that somehow makes it easier to connect. I've met some genuinely cool people there. And I've also had conversations that made me want to teleport myself to another planet. Depends on your luck, your approach, and the state of your sobriety. But, yes, if you go solo, there is a strong chance you will find yourself nursing a drink alone. Which, honestly, isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes, the best people to meet are the ones inside your own head.
Okay, give me a memorable experience. What's the wildest thing that happened?
Oh, man, where do I even begin? Okay, so, one time... it was raining *cats* and dogs (like, monsoon-level downpour), and I was stuck in the parking lot. I kid you not, I saw a guy trying to flag down a tricycle in a full suit, while he was singing at the top of his lungs. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend was mortified. I could barely stop laughing, and also feeling like I needed to rescue him. Then, there was the time a spilled drinkHotels Near Your