Unbelievable Tagaytay Escape: 3-Bedroom Suite w/ Crosswinds Views!
Unbelievable Tagaytay Escape: 3-Bedroom Suite w/ Crosswinds Views! – My Brain Dump of Bliss (and the Occasional Mild Annoyance)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I've just survived (and thrived) at the Unbelievable Tagaytay Escape: 3-Bedroom Suite w/ Crosswinds Views! – and, let me tell you, it's a lot to unpack. This isn't your polished, robotic review. This is the raw, unfiltered truth, scribbled down after a week of cloud-watching, coffee-drinking, and mild panic about leaving the serenity. Consider this your ultimate Tagaytay cheat sheet – or, maybe just a rambling diary entry of a slightly sleep-deprived traveler.
First Impressions (and the Anxiety Attack Beforehand)
The name, "Unbelievable," is…ambitious. Look, I'm a cynic. I expect the worst so I'm never disappointed. But the pictures? Stunning. The Crosswinds view? Instagram bait. My pre-trip anxiety? Through the roof. (Packing for Tagaytay always feels like preparing for a polar expedition because… weather, people!)
Accessibility: Navigating the Labyrinth (Thankfully, Not Literally)
- Accessibility: My primary concern because I booked for a friend and their family. The website is vague. I had to call in to get the specifics. They could have done a better job with details online.
- Wheelchair accessible: I should've asked beforehand. The common areas were mostly alright. The suite itself? Not ideally designed for full wheelchair maneuverability, but still manageable.
Cleanliness and Safety: Did They Kill All the Germs? (Mostly, Yes!)
- Cleanliness and Safety: This is where Unbelievable actually lives up to its name. They were absolutely ON IT.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: That's a win in my book. Less chance of catching a cold, more chance, of enjoying the view.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Massive thumbs up.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Excellent. Really hammered home they were taking things seriously.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: I did see staff cleaning and they were diligent.
- Hand sanitizer: Every corner. They probably had a hand sanitizer distribution system in place, I think.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Great touch for breakfast.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They try. Tagaytay is always crowded! But I did see people being mindful.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: A nice option.
- Safe dining setup: Tables spaced properly.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: I didn't see a single stray crumb.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Holiday
- Restaurants: A couple of restaurants on-site, serving up a mix of international and Asian cuisine. The food was good. Not Michelin-star good, but certainly satisfying after a day of exploring.
- Asian breakfast: A must-try! They did a great job and had a great selection.
- Poolside bar: Cocktails with a view? Yes, please! (Though, getting the bartender's attention during peak times was like trying to catch a hummingbird with your bare hands.)
- Coffee/tea in restaurant/Coffee shop : They had great coffee, I must say!
- Room service [24-hour]: Lifesaver. Especially after a long day of chasing waterfalls (that's a Tagaytay 'thing', right?).
- Breakfast [buffet]: A classic. A little crowded on the weekend, but the food was plentiful.
- Breakfast takeaway service: A good option if you're planning an early excursion.
- A la carte in restaurant: Never had a bad meal.
- Happy hour: Essential.
- Bottle of water: Complimentary – always appreciated.
- Desserts in restaurant: If you haven't had a "buko pie" in Tagaytay, you haven't lived.
- Snack bar: Great for grabbing a quick bite between activities. I had an amazing sandwich.
- Buffet in restaurant: Buffet always has a good selection.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: They do a solid burger.
- Alternative meal arrangement: It's useful for people with dietary needs.
- Vegetarian restaurant: I didn't see one dedicated, but they had vegetarian options available.
- Coffee/tea maker: Excellent.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): The Perfect Blend
- Swimming pool: Beautiful. The view from the pool is… well, you already know. Crosswinds, remember?
- Pool with view: See above.
- Gym/fitness: They had a decent gym. I, uh, didn't visit it. I was too busy enjoying the view.
- Spa: Yep, and it's lovely.
- Massage: A must-do.
- Spa/sauna, Steamroom: I love a good spa day.
- Things to do: Tagaytay is the place to be if you want to enjoy the view and the weather.
Services and Conveniences: They Got You Covered (Mostly)
- Internet access: Strong Wi-Fi throughout the suite. Finally, a hotel that understands the importance of a stable connection!
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yup. No complaints here.
- Air conditioning in public area: Essential.
- Concierge: Super helpful, especially for booking tours or finding the best bulalo in town.
- Currency exchange: Convenient, but the rates aren't the best. Use the ATM.
- Daily housekeeping: Spotless. I'm convinced they have tiny, invisible cleaning fairies.
- Elevator: Essential because I was too lazy to climb stairs.
- Facilities for disabled guests I'm really still not entirely sure on this.
- Food delivery: Useful because the food options are endless.
- Gift/souvenir shop: Perfect for grabbing last-minute gifts (I may have bought myself a Tagaytay-themed mug).
- Ironing service: Because wrinkles are my enemy.
- Laundry service: Another lifesaver.
- Luggage storage: Convenient for early check-ins or late check-outs.
- Safety deposit boxes: Reassuring.
- Cash withdrawal/Doorman/Facilities for disabled guests: All useful.
- Invoice provided/Meetings/Meeting stationery/Outdoor venue for special events: Nothing I used.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You)
- Family/child friendly: Absolutely. They had plenty of kid-friendly activities and areas.
- Babysitting service: A nice touch.
- Kids meal: They had good options for the little ones.
Available in All Rooms: The Nitty-Gritty (and the Good Stuff)
- Air conditioning: Yes, thank goodness.
- Alarm clock: To wake me up for breakfast… or more likely, ruin a perfectly good sleep.
- Bathrobes: Cozy.
- Bathtub: Relaxation at its finest.
- Blackout curtains: Essential for sleeping in.
- Coffee/tea maker: My best friend.
- Complimentary tea/Free bottled water: Excellent touches.
- Desk/Ironing facilities/Laptop workspace: Useful if you have to work.
- Internet access – wireless: Stable and speedy.
- Linens: Soft and clean.
- Non-smoking/Private bathroom/Shower/Slippers: All the essentials.
- Sofa/Toiletries/Towels: More essentials.
- Wake-up service: I never use these.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Life-saver.
- Window that opens: Always a bonus for that fresh Tagaytay air.
- Additional toilet: Very convenient.
- Bathroom phone: Because you never know when you need to make a call from the bath.
- Carpeting: Nice and clean.
- Closet: Space to hang all your clothes.
- Daily housekeeping: Always great.
- Extra long bed: Comfortable.
- Hair dryer: A necessity!
- High floor: The views are better.
- In-room safe box: Safe for your valuables.
- Internet access – LAN Didn't use it.
- Interconnecting room(s) available Useful.
- Ironing facilities: More relaxation for the clothes, and the wrinkles.
- Mini bar: Well stocked!
- Mirror: Needed for all those selfies.
- On-demand movies: A nice feature.
- Reading light: Essential.
- Refrigerator: To keep the drinks cold.
- Satellite/cable channels: Essential.
- Scale: I avoided it.
- **Seating
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Crosswinds Tagaytay, alright? A Three Bedroom Suite? Sounds fancy, right? Get ready for a trip that's less "perfectly planned" and more "winging it with a whole lotta caffeine and questionable decisions."
Day 1: Road Trip Blues and Chocolate Dreams
7:00 AM: The alarm SCREAMS. Nope. Hit snooze. Again. Okay, fine. Gotta get up. The road awaits, and so does…traffic. Ugh. Pack a bag, coffee and snacks. I'll be driving so it's gonna be a long one.
8:00 AM: Finally out the door. Praying to the gods of traffic that this drive is smooth.
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM: The drive is…well, it's a drive. Filled with the usual suspects: impatient honking, trucks belching fumes, and the ever-present threat of a random downpour. Okay, I'm a bit edgy. Don't want to waste the whole morning.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Arrive at Crosswinds! The Swiss vibes are…cute. Okay, maybe more than cute. Like, "Instagram-worthy" cute. Check-in. The suite is massive. Seriously, three bedrooms? We could throw a small rave in here! Immediate assessment: the view is killer. Those pine trees and that caldera. Sigh. I need this.
11:00 AM - 12:00 Noon: Unpack. Argue with the wifi. Finally, surrender to the fact that modern technology hates me.
12:00 PM: lunch time. And I made some plans.
12:30 PM: Lunch at Antonio's. I tell you what…getting a reservation was a pain. But everyone said it was worth it. So I'm going to. Hope they're right. I hate feeling like I've been scammed.
2:00 PM: After lunch. I'm stuffed. This is why I came. I am going to chill for a bit. Don't be surprised if I fall asleep.
4:00 PM: Okay, the nap was epic. Now for the afternoon.
4:30 PM: Coffee, anyone? Yep. Got some. I'm going to stay up the whole night.
5:00 PM: Coffee with a view. I didn't want to do anything at all. I am going to order some food.
8:00 PM: Dinner. I'm ordering from room service.
Day 2: The Taal Volcano Saga (and My Existential Crisis)
9:00 AM: Okay, slept in. Bliss. But immediately have that post-nap stomach-churning feeling. Ugh. Coffee stat!
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM: The Taal Volcano experience. Okay, this is it. The supposed highlight. The boat ride…a bit choppy. The guide? Let's just say his jokes were as old as the volcano itself. The horse ride up the volcano was…well, an experience. My butt is still screaming.
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Hike up to the Taal Volcano crater. The view? Breathtaking. Absolutely stunning, especially when the sun hit it just right. But…the sheer vastness of it all makes you feel…small. Like a tiny cog in a ridiculously large and indifferent machine. I had a tiny existential crisis up there. Don't even try to talk to me about the meaning of life right now.
12:00 PM: After the Volcano hike, and the horses, I'm starving.
1:00 PM: Lunch time! I'm grabbing some food.
2:00 PM: Back to the suite. Now I'm just going to chill.
6:00 PM: Dinner time!
7:00 PM: Evening walk, and stargazing.
Day 3: Farewell, Tagaytay (and My Sanity)
- 9:00 AM: Wake up, shower, and chill.
- 10:00 AM: Breakfast in the suite.
- 11:00 AM: Check out.
- 12:00 Noon: The drive back. I'm ready. Bye Tagaytay!
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: The drive is…well, it's a drive. Dealing with traffic again. Time to go home.
Random Thoughts and Rambles:
- Food: I need to be on a liquid diet when I get home.
- Clothes: I am wearing the same clothes.
- Memories: I'm going to cry.
- Emotional Rollercoaster: I'm exhausted. Worth it.
- Recommendations: Antonio's? Yes. The volcano? Absolutely. Crosswinds? Bring your wallet. The views are worth it. Come prepared for traffic, and pack your sense of humor. This trip has definitely been a trip!
This itinerary is a living, breathing thing. It's probably going to change. But hey, that's life, yeah? Now, where's that coffee…?
Escape to Paradise: The Mira Central Park Hotel Awaits in Vietnam!Unbelievable Tagaytay Escape: 3-Bedroom Suite w/ Crosswinds Views! - The Honest Truth (and a Few Rants)
Okay, Seriously, Is the View REALLY as Good as the Pictures?
Alright, let's be real. The pictures? They're *stunning*. Like, magazine-worthy, making-you-question-your-life-choices stunning. And the view... yeah, it's pretty darn close. But here's the deal: it's not JUST the view. It's the feeling of waking up to it. It's the first sip of coffee as the fog rolls in and you feel like you're floating in the clouds. It's the sunset that paints the sky in hues you didn't even know existed. (And yes, I teared up a little – don't judge me!).
But here's the *other* deal. One morning, there was a really thick fog. Like, "can't see your hand in front of your face" fog. I was grumpy. I was expecting sunshine and croissants. I felt robbed! Then, it slowly lifted, and the Crosswinds pine trees peeked through. It was actually more magical. So, the pictures are true, but the true magic is what happens *around* the view.
3 Bedrooms - Did We Actually Need That Much Space? (The Great Family Squabble Edition)
Three bedrooms, you ask? Honestly? Maybe. We went as a family - and let me tell you, family dynamics are a *thing*. I envisioned everyone happily coexisting, sharing stories, laughing, and maybe even playing board games. The reality? My teenage niece hogging the Wi-Fi, my brother snorting like a walrus in his sleep, and my mom trying to "help" with the cooking (which, bless her heart, resulted in a near-disaster).
The extra space was a lifesaver! Gave everyone some privacy. We got the "master suite," which also meant a little bit of peace. We set up a no-go zone for my nephew's endless video game sessions. And yes, we did end up playing board games. (Monopoly. It ended in a mild argument, naturally.) So, yes, we *needed* it? Maybe not, but we sure as heck enjoyed it.
What's the Deal with the Kitchen? Can We Actually Cook, or Is it Just for Show?
Listen, I'm no chef. I can barely boil water without setting off the smoke alarm. But even *I* managed to whip up a decent breakfast in the kitchen. It had all the basics. Good countertops, modern appliances (a godsend), and enough space to, hopefully, *not* bump into each other.. Okay, that last part wasn't entirely true. There was a near-collision during omelette-making. That's down to *me* being clumsy, not the kitchen.
Real talk though, the kitchen is awesome! Forget expensive restaurants - We even tried to make a *paella*. It was a disaster (burnt rice, anyone?) but it was a fun, bonding disaster. I'd recommend it if you are actually good at cooking, but if you're like me.. just stick to basics.
The Amenities - Pool, Gym, etc. Are They Actually *Good*? And Did You Even USE Them? (Be Honest!)
Okay, the pool. The pool was lovely! Clean, refreshing, and had a great view. We spent a good chunk of the afternoon soaking up the sun and splashing around. My nephew spent the *entire* afternoon trying to perfect his underwater handstands. (He failed miserably but kept at it, bless him).
The gym? Hmm. I *intended* to use it. I packed my workout gear, I made a mental note to get up early one morning. But the lure of the view, the comfy bed, and the endless supply of coffee won. Maybe next time. (I'll probably say the same thing next time, too!). So, yes, the amenities are great, but let's be real about my exercise habits.
Getting Around Tagaytay: Uber, Taxis, or What? What's the Transportation Situation?
Transportation? This is where things get a little... messy. Taxis are hit-or-miss, and bargaining is almost mandatory. Uber is *possible*, but availability is somewhat limited, and can be unreliable during peak seasons. We ended up renting a car. It was a bit of a logistical nightmare at first, but it gave us the freedom to explore Tagaytay at our own pace.
But here is the big warning: Tagaytay traffic on weekends is *brutal*. Seriously. Plan accordingly. We spent an *hour* just trying to get to a restaurant one evening. Bring snacks. Bring patience. And maybe a good playlist to keep you from going completely mad. But hey, at least you'll enjoy the scenery while you crawl along!
The Downsides? What Were the Annoyances?
Even paradise has its flaws. Honestly? The internet was a bit spotty. Not the end of the world, but try telling that to a teenager who is *dying* to upload their TikToks. There was also this incredibly persistent mosquito. I swear, it targeted me. It was a personal vendetta. I spent half the time swatting at it and the other half of my time muttering under my breath.
The other issue? The food delivery options weren't *amazing.* So, if you're planning on a gourmet feast, plan ahead! But overall? These are minor inconveniences. The positives (the view, the space, the feeling of escape) far outweighed the negatives. Just bring bug spray, snacks, and a portable hotspot. Seriously.
Would You Go Back? And Why (or Why Not)? The Final Verdict!
Absolutely, without a doubt, YES! Even with the grumpy fog, the family squabbles, the mosquito, and the questionable internet... I would GLADLY go back. The view, the feeling of being miles away from the chaos of my everyday life, the chance to reconnect with my family (even with the minor arguments!) – it was all worth it.
Tagaytay is a special place. This suite? It gives you a front-row seat to the magic. So, pack your bags, lower your expectations (a little), and get ready for an escape. Just don't forget the bug spray! And maybe some earplugs, depending on your family's snoring situation. You have been warned.