
Escape to Paradise: Jun Motel's Jeju Island Oasis Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Jun Motel's Jeju Island Oasis Awaits! - A Deep Dive (and a Few Random Thoughts)
Okay, folks, let's talk Jeju Island. Seriously, if you haven't been, you're missing out. Volcanic landscapes, stunning coastlines, and… well, let's get to the point: Jun Motel. They're advertising their Jeju Island Oasis, and I'm here to tell you, after a deep dive, it's got some real potential… and maybe a few quirks. Ready for a brutally honest review? Buckle up. This is gonna be messy.
Getting There & Getting Around (Accessibility & Convenience – The Bare Bones, Please!)
First off, the good news: They do offer airport transfer. That’s a HUGE plus after a long flight. And, yes, car parking is free of charge. Bless you, Jun Motel. You have saved me from the dreaded parking fees. They also offer a car power charging station - a win for the responsible eco-tourist!
Now, for the stuff that made me furrow my brow a little… Accessibility. I'm not gonna lie, this is where I get a little iffy. The listing mentions "Facilities for disabled guests" which is vague, and doesn't go into specifics. The elevator is a huge win, but is it accessible to all rooms? I haven't the foggiest. Check-in/out [express/private] is cool, especially if you are a VIP. Seriously, contact the Motel and ask directly about room accessibility and how easy it would be to get around. Don't rely on me.
Accessibility (and a Tangent on the Existential Dread of Stairs)
I'm just going to say this again. Make sure you specifically inquire if accessibility is a priority. Stairs are the bane of my existence. I am not, and repeat, not a fan. My knees weep just thinking about them. I'd be thrilled if the majority of rooms and facilities were easily accessible for everyone. Please confirm that before you book. This is YOUR travel, your body, your peace of mind. Know before you go!
Rooms: Hopefully, a Haven (with a Few Caveats)
Okay, let's move on to the rooms. They seem to have all the basics: air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, a coffee/tea maker, and free bottled water. The listing also highlights the presence of a mini-bar, which earns a thumbs up from me. The bathrobes are a nice touch, making you feel a little fancy. Blackout curtains? Crucial for sleeping in, especially after a day of exploring. Smoke detectors, safety deposit boxes are a huge thumbs up for someone like me who is always paranoid. They even mention interconnecting rooms, perfect for families (or, you know, a solo traveler who enjoys having a whole suite to themselves). I'm intrigued by the extra long bed and the reading light, which are both excellent details. Rooms sanitized between stays is a major plus, as far as COVID is concerned. They also provide towels, toiletries and slippers. All the essentials are available.
But, and there's always a "but," right? The photos are crucial here. Are the rooms actually nice nice? Does the carpet feel clean, or like it absorbed the essence of every spilled soju from the last decade? I don't know, I haven't been there.
Cleanliness and Safety: Let's Hope They're on Top of It
In the time of COVID - it's a MUST. Jun Motel's offering includes:
- Anti-viral cleaning products (Good!)
- Daily disinfection in common areas (Excellent!)
- Hand sanitizer (Essential!)
- Rooms sanitized between stays (A must!)
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items (Important!)
- Staff trained in safety protocol (Reassuring!)
They even offer Room sanitization opt-out available. It's good to know that they have this level of consciousness and can accommodate guests' preferences and needs.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (with a Side of Reality)
They offer breakfast service and even breakfast in room and breakfast takeaway service! If I'm being honest, the "buffet" option usually means overcooked eggs and suspicious-looking sausages. That being said, if they're doing a good job and the listing says "Asian breakfast" perhaps you'll get something different, like congee and kimchi. Let's hope for the best!
The restaurants themselves are an interesting mix. Listed are Asian cuisine in restaurant, international cuisine in restaurant, vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. A coffee shop helps, and Happy hour is always welcome to me. There is also a Poolside bar in the area.
There is a snack bar, which seems a bit sparse. If you're like me, you spend the whole day searching for a good snack. Bottle of water is available, a life-saver.
Things To Do (and Ways to Relax): Spa Day or Bust!
Here's where Jun Motel really gets my attention. They’re promising a whole host of ways to unwind. Fitness center? Check. Sauna? Check. Spa/sauna combination? Double check! The listing mentions a pool with a view, which is a HUGE selling point. I'm visualizing myself right now, sipping something fruity and watching the sunset. Massage is a must-do. The steamroom is a great way to pamper yourself, and the Foot bath is the perfect touch after a day of sightseeing.
The gym/fitness center is a good addition if you're into that sort of thing – I am, after a long day of eating, let's be real.
They also have a swimming pool [outdoor] so that is a huge plus and I'm sure the view will be amazing as well!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras That Matter
The concierge is your best friend! The convenience store is super helpful. The laundry service and dry cleaning are essential, especially if you're traveling for a long time. Luggage storage is always a boon. A gift/souvenir shop is a nice touch.
They also provide daily housekeeping and room service [24-hour]. If all goes according to plan… oh, yeah. And they have cashless payment service!
Also, an elevator, which I've already said is a HUGE win in my book.
For the Kids (and the Kid in All of Us)
Family/child friendly? Hopefully, yes! Babysitting service is a lifesaver for parents who want a little alone time. I love the idea of Kids facilities and Kids meal.
The Quirky Bits & Pieces (and My Own Personal Obsessions)
Okay, a shrine? Huh. Unexpected. But hey, Jeju Island is full of surprises! Also an outdoor venue for special events? Score.
The Bottom Line & My Unsolicited Advice
Jun Motel has the potential to be a fantastic Jeju Island base camp. It's got some solid offerings. The amenities are impressive. But here’s the important stuff:
- Ask about Accessibility!! Don't assume anything. Inquire about specific room details and access.
- Read Recent Reviews. (I'm just one voice!) Look for up-to-date reviews, especially on things like cleanliness, noise levels, and friendliness of the staff.
- Photos, Photos, Photos. Pore over the pictures on their website and any other travel sites. What's the vibe? Does it look like a place you'd actually want to spend time in?
- Book Directly if Possible. Sometimes, you can get better deals or perks by booking through the hotel's website directly.
My Emotional Reaction (and a Plea for a Discount!)
I'm genuinely intrigued! The spa, the pool, the thought of a delicious breakfast… it's all very appealing. The location, from what I can gather, seems to be great. I haven't had the chance to visit it yet, so I'm relying on the provided information.
So, Jun Motel folks (if you're out there!), consider this my informal application to come and review your oasis in person. I'll happily provide a follow-up, extremely detailed, and brutally honest report. And, maybe, just maybe, I'll be awarded a discount in return for my tireless efforts.
Dubai's ICONIC Burj Khalifa View Studio: Unbelievable Silkhaus Suite!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your beige-walled, bullet-point travel itinerary. This is my trip to Jun Motel in Jeju, and it's going to be a glorious, chaotic mess. Expect typos, tangents about the existential dread of instant ramen, and a general disregard for the neat, tidy boxes of "perfect planning."
Jeju Island: Jun Motel - Operation: Find Serenity (and Maybe Some Decent Korean Fried Chicken)
Day 1: Arrival, Abandoned Laundry, and the Existential Crisis of the Room Key
- 14:00 (ish) - Arrival in Jeju City: Okay, so I thought I booked a direct flight. Turns out, "direct" in budget airline speak means "hops around like a caffeinated grasshopper." Finally, landed, and the humidity hit me like a damp sock. First impression? Jeju smelled suspiciously like seaweed and hope. Gotta love that.
- Transportation: Airport Limousine Bus (the "Deluxe" version, which felt about as deluxe as a slightly used banana). Navigating the ticket machines was a battle. Lost. Looked like an idiot. Eventually made it. Victory achieved.
- 15:30 - Jun Motel Check-in: The motel itself? Let's call it "charming" in the way a slightly dented but still functional can of beans is charming. The lobby smelled faintly of… well, let's just say "air freshener fighting valiantly against the forces of stale cigarettes." The woman at reception? Absolutely lovely, even though she clearly knew I didn't understand a single syllable of her Korean. Seriously, I tried. I failed. Communication consisted largely of pointing, nodding, and a lot of hopeful smiling. The room key? A clunky, metal monstrosity. Actually felt heavy, which is a good thing, I guess. Added to the feeling that I could use this key to bust any concrete wall.
- 16:00 - The Great Laundry Disaster: I put my clothes in the (seemingly) community washing machine. Come back later and find out it’s been abandoned, the clean laundry scattered. I am in a foreign country with no clean clothes to go out. I am going to be forced to wear the same things for the duration of the trip. I hate everything.
- 17:00 - First Attempt at Food: Finding the Fried Chicken Holy Grail: I have heard Jeju has the BEST fried chicken. Searched high and low for ANY fried chicken. Found… a 7-Eleven. Okay, a decent place to settle in. A ramen and some instant fried rice for now.
- 19:00 - Sunset Stroll (and Existential Dread): Walked on the beach nearby. The black sand was… unexpectedly beautiful. The waves, the sunset… it was genuinely stunning. Then, I started thinking about climate change, and how much plastic is in the ocean, and whether I'll ever be rich enough to own a tiny house, and if I should finally learn Mandarin… and the whole thing spiraled into a full-blown existential crisis. Needed more fried food.
- 21:00 - Bedtime… and the relentless march of the clock: Tried to sleep but the mattress feels more like a thin layer of sponge cake. Couldn’t let it get to me.
Day 2: Volcanic Wonders and the Quest for Redemption (Fried Chicken Version 2.0)
- 08:00 - Breakfast: Instant Ramen & the Questionable Charm of Motel Coffee: Coffee was, predictably, brown-colored water. Ramen, however, was a revelation. The savory broth, the perfectly chewy noodles… for a moment, I forgot all my problems. Then the caffeine withdrawal hit.
- 09:00 - Manjanggul Lava Tube: This was a massive underground cave carved by lava. It was so incredibly cool (literally – it was freezing!). The sheer scale of it was mind-blowing. I kept expecting to see Gollum emerge from the shadows. (I’m not kidding!)
- 11:00 - Seopjikoji: That windswept cliffside walk with the lighthouse? Picture postcard perfect. I yelled into the wind, just because I could. Felt… liberating.
- Transport: Bus from Jun Motel to Manjanggul. Bus from Manjanggul to Seopjikoji. Bus to the next one. Jeju bus system is actually pretty efficient surprisingly.
- 13:00 - Lunch: The Chicken Hunt Continues!: More searching. More wandering. Eventually found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place that smelled like greasy, glorious heaven. This is the highlight of the day. Ordered a mountain of fried chicken. It was… perfect. Crispy skin, juicy meat, the perfect symphony of salt and spice. Ate until I felt physically uncomfortable. Worth it. Every. Single. Bite.
- 15:00 - Seongsan Ilchulbong (Sunrise Peak): Okay, climb was a beast. Seriously, my legs are screaming. The view from the top? Spectacular. Breathtaking. I almost cried. Exhaustion, happiness, awe… all of the emotions. Took a few deep breaths, and then I ran back downhill. I had to find a toilet.
- 19:00 - Dinner and Regrets: Didn't have any energy to search for food. Ate more instant ramen. I am starting to feel a little bit ashamed.
- 21:00 - Return to the motel: Attempted some social media updates, but the Wi-Fi was about as reliable as my ability to use chopsticks. Gave up. Just went to bed.
Day 3: Tangerine Dreams, Last-Minute Souvenirs, and the Departure Blues
- 09:00 - Breakfast: Last Ramen (and the Bitter Taste of Leaving): The last ramen. I am going to miss this. But not the motel coffee!
- 10:00 - Jusangjeolli Cliff: These hexagonal rock formations are something else. Nature's art at its finest. Took way too many photos.
- 11:30 - Tangerine Picking: Jeju is famous for its tangerines (aka mandarins), so I went to pick them in a shop! It was pretty fun.
- 13:00 - Souvenir Shopping (Panic Edition): Okay, I needed to get some last-minute gifts. The market was a blur of haggling, cute trinkets, and the overwhelming feeling of "I probably should have done this yesterday." My wallet is considerably lighter.
- 14:00 - One Last Fried Chicken Obsession: One last chance. I had to have more chicken. Found a different place. It was… good. Not as good as the place on Day 2. Lesson learned: Find the right chicken place and stick with it.
- 15:00 - Jun Motel Farewell and Airport Bound: Time to leave. Said goodbye to the lovely woman at reception (again, mostly with smiles and hand gestures). The metal key, I put it back in the counter and left.
- 16:00 - Departure: Back to the airport. The same bus? Again? Goodbye Jeju, you chaotic, beautiful island. I will be back. Hopefully, with clean clothes. And a better grasp of Korean. And maybe… a healthier relationship with ramen.
Final Thoughts:
Jeju Island: It's a place that gets under your skin. It's messy and beautiful, and it will leave you a little bit wiser, a little bit more tired, and a whole lot more in love with fried chicken. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I change anything? Nope. Maybe a bigger suitcase. And a lifetime supply of ramen. And definitely a translator app. But hey, that’s me.
This is how you really travel. And it’s awesome.
Bangkok's Hidden Gem: Charoenkrung's Artistic Oasis (Non Inn)
Okay, so… Jun Motel. Is it actually *escape to paradise* material or is that, like, a *bit* of a stretch?
Alright, let's be real. Paradise? Maybe slightly embellished. It's more like… *escape to chill-out zone with a really, REALLY good view.* (More on that later). Look, Jeju Island itself is paradise-adjacent, right? Volcanoes, beaches, that whole deal. And Jun Motel? It’s your launchpad to that. Don't expect some swanky resort flaunting infinity pools (although... I did wish I had one after that hike). But if you're after a clean, comfy basecamp to explore, AND that aforementioned view? Then yeah, maybe the “escape” part holds water. Just temper your expectations with a healthy dose of reality. My reality? I spent half the first day trying to figure out how the air con worked (the struggle was real, people).
What's the *vibe* like? Give me the lowdown.
Vibe check: Relaxed. Unpretentious. Slightly… *quirky*. Think less "slick hotel chain" and more "family-run business with a heart of gold and a slight language barrier." (Bless them, they tried so hard). There’s a definite sense of ‘we’re here to help you not stress’ energy. I, for one, appreciated that. The lobby? Simple, practical. No marble floors or anything like that. But the staff? Smiles and helpfulness galore. And that, my friends, is worth more than all the shiny lobbies in the world. Plus, the quietness... bliss. After battling the crowds, the quiet was a shock to my system.
The view! Everyone raves about THE VIEW. Spill the tea. Is it *actually* spectacular or just Instagram-filtered hype?
OH. MY. GOD. The view. Okay, okay, let me breathe. It's... it's legitimately breathtaking. I’m not even kidding. I spent the first ten minutes in my room with my jaw literally *on the floor*. Volcano, ocean, the works. Honestly, I think I could have stared at it for a week solid and called it a vacation. I took a *million* photos (naturally!), but none of them *truly* captured the magic. And the sunsets? Don’t even get me STARTED. One night, I literally just sat on the balcony, a half-eaten bag of chips beside me, and watched the sky explode with color. It was… epic. Just… go for the view. Seriously. Book a room *with* the view. Don't be an idiot and skimp.
Rooms – what's the deal? Are they cramped and dingy, or… pleasant?
Okay, the rooms. They're… comfortable. Not luxurious, but clean, functional, and perfectly adequate. Remember, you're here for the *view*, right? You’re not meant to spend *all* your time in the room. The bed was comfy enough (I'm a fussy sleeper, so that's a win!), the bathroom was clean, and the essentials were there. The décor isn't going to win any design awards (think a little bit older aesthetic), but it's not offensive, and frankly, I wouldn't have cared if the walls were painted neon orange when I had *that* view from my window. Honestly, after hiking all day, I was just happy to collapse in bed and not have to worry about dust bunnies or questionable smells.
Breakfast? Included? Good? Do I need to pack my own cereal?
Breakfast... is provided. It's… adequate. Don't expect a gourmet buffet experience. Think basic: toast, eggs (maybe a little rubbery, but hey, protein!), some fruit, and coffee. It’ll fill you up and get you going for a day of exploring. Honestly, it’s fine. It’s not going to blow your mind, but it saves you the hassle of hunting down breakfast first thing in the morning. I may or may not have smuggled a few extra bananas from the breakfast buffet on my way out... Don't judge me. It's a long day of exploring those Jeju trails.
Location, location, location! Where is it actually located and what's around?
Location is… pretty decent, to be honest. It's not smack-dab in the crazy heart of the tourist zone, which is a *good* thing, in my opinion. It’s a bit more on the outskirts, which means peace and quiet. You'll probably need a rental car to get around to the main attractions (I HIGHLY recommend it, by the way – so much freedom!). There are some cute little local restaurants nearby – and I have to rave about this *one* place, oh my god, I’ll try to remember the name… it was those tiny little places with the… oh, the pork belly! The *amazing* pork belly! I'm getting distracted... Anyway, you'll find some shops and, like, a convenience store (essential!). It's a great base for exploring the island. You won’t feel *isolated*, but you will feel like you're away from the scrum. Which, again, is a HUGE win.
The staff! Are they friendly and helpful, or… perpetually stressed?
The staff were lovely! Like, seriously, genuinely lovely. They did their best with the language barrier (which, let's be real, is a common thing in a non-English speaking country!), and they always greeted me with a smile. They were really trying to be helpful. One time, I locked myself out of my room (clumsy, I know), and they were super patient and sorted it out without making me feel like a total idiot. (Again, I can't stress enough how helpful that was!). They give you a really good feeling. A solid eight out of ten for the people working there, and I don't give those scores easily!
Is there anything that *sucked*? Come on, be honest!
Okay, okay, yes. There were a *few* minor things. Like, the Wi-Fi wasn't always the fastest (first world problems, I know). And yeah, the air con... sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. But really, those are just nitpicks. The biggest thing that, for me, wasn't great was the parking situation, which was a bit… tight. Also, I'd have loved a little mini-fridge in the room. But honestly? These are super minor blips. The view, the general vibe, the staffFind Hotel Now

